Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DY3 question

Reaction score
When my st16 gives the battery warning on the screen I usually bring it back immediately but after I seat the batteries it displays usually around 30% still charged.

30% is usually the 1st battery warning, you can fly a little longer.
The second warning is usually at 15%, where it is time to come in and land the Bird.
A lower percentage above 10% will initiate the Return To Home (RTH) procedure, where the Typhoon will automatically return to the starting point to land. (If this procedure is correctly configured in the menu)

Reactions: Mike Irish
I think I figured this out from your different posts @Peter b . You are flying your Typhoon H to the first warning then land the craft. When you place the batteries on your DY3 charger it reports that you still have 30% charge left in the batteries. That is about right. The first warning comes at 14.3V and after sitting a bit out of the aircraft the voltage will climb a bit ( it is called rebound). I rarely fly to the warning with my TH. I try to be on the ground at 14.6V which reduces stress on the batteries giving them a longer useful lifetime.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
It's all a personal preference really. Stopping at 50% means less flight time, but also more "get out of trouble" time if something goes wrong. For a beginner, 50% isn't a bad idea.
But as you get more confident and better understanding of the flight characteristics and such, 30% is going to be more fun/useful.

The OP was posting about the H480 and the DY3 Charger. The Battery warning points are set In the firmware and are not adjustable by the user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11