Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E-bay starting bid

Reaction score
Just saw a starting bid for H Plus at $200 with 2 batteries and unopend new condition. Does not say anything about remote. Seems low to me but I rarely use eBay.

Just listed... running as a traditional auction, that will get run up over the next week. Couple of red flags come up immediately... shipping cost and method... USPS will not take LiPo shipments... if sent that way he's lying to USPS when declaring the contents. Also since on eBay... no warranty, even if the claim of "New" is to be believed.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Shipping $3.78. Maybe a scale model of the real thing?

Taking the dimensions into account, shipping the empty box would be more.

USPS Shipping Calculator

Shipping 1 pound, dimensions of 20x17x12 (box the backpack bundle ships in) from Miami FL to Albuquerque NM USPS Retail Ground... $8.55 ?

Just listed... running as a traditional auction, that will get run up over the next week. Couple of red flags come up immediately... shipping cost and method... USPS will not take LiPo shipments... if sent that way he's lying to USPS when declaring the contents. Also since on eBay... no warranty, even if the claim of "New" is to be believed.
Item not as described claim?

Item not as described claim?

While that may work for an eBay return, that does not provide the same protection as a warranty claim... it would not be honored, say six months from purchase... if I get a chance today, I will call Yuneec CS and see if they will allow warranty registration, if purchased from an individual and what they would need for proof of being a "new" unit. Being open, unsealed and purchased from an individual rather than a retail entity may be enough to disqualify that status.

While that may work for an eBay return, that does not provide the same protection as a warranty claim... it would not be honored, say six months from purchase... if I get a chance today, I will call Yuneec CS and see if they will allow warranty registration, if purchased from an individual and what they would need for proof of being a "new" unit. Being open, unsealed and purchased from an individual rather than a retail entity may be enough to disqualify that status.
I was talking in the context of the item arriving and it is not new, you could say item not as described. I would be surprised if Yuneec covered anything. Buying cameras off eBay can be risky too. Some sellers offer a third party warranty, which is not always very good, having to return an item, to a possible third party dodgy repair facility, which may take months to repair.

Agreed... personally I would never consider such a unit.

Reactions: JackMTaco
I just ordered a new battery for my H from a well know distributor/supplier in the US and they gave me a USPS tracking # for it

Is it one of those "SmartPost" shipments?

I just bought this one off eBay, just got it today! So I'm brand new to the typhoon H+ family!

It was listed as new but I was a little suspicious because it was all displayed on a coffee table.

But I figured If I can get a good deal and it isn't new I'll just file a claim and send it back.

So I bought it, and the day after I bought it the seller was "no longer an eBay account holder". Eeeeek! I freaked out and called eBay right away they said I have 30 days to file a claim but suggested I wait a week and they would try to contact the seller. So I spent the next few days feeling sorry for myself but then I got an email from eBay with a tracking number!!

And now the H+ is here. Came with all the stuff and the backpack. The Firmware hasn't been updated. So I thought this must be new!!!

As I was going thru inventory I noticed I had 11 propellers?!?!? 6 plus... 5 replacements??? That was my first clue. Then I saw all sorts of fingerprints on the ST16s. Then I noticed there were memory cards still in the ST16s and the c23. Guess what, one card had 7 videos made by the seller! So now I have proof it's not new (even though all the flights were recorded the same day) but... I only paid 1200 for it

I updated it, calibrated it and tested it... it works like a dream! (And I bought a bunch of things for it already) ((Love the controller trey typilot! It's the perfect design!))

Anyway I don't think I'll file a claim everything seems to be in working order!

Is there anything specifically I should look at to make sure? Or a specific test to do to make sure it is running properly?

Long story, just a little longer! I'm happy to be a part of this group now! I look forward to being an active member!

JimScreenshot_20190423-225530.jpeg

Reactions: Steve Carr
Anyway I don't think I'll file a claim everything seems to be in working order!
Is there anything specifically I should look at to make sure? Or a specific test to do to make sure it is running properly?
Looks like you got a good buy. In fact, a very good buy. You saved about $700. I don't know it Yuneec would cover a warranty claim but I would have bought it anyway.
I trust you have spent some time in the H Plus pages. That is the best place to find more info.

Looks like you got a good buy. In fact, a very good buy. You saved about $700. I don't know it Yuneec would cover a warranty claim but I would have bought it anyway.
I trust you have spent some time in the H Plus pages. That is the best place to find more info.
I certainly have. I've been looking all over this place and getting great info from you and many others. I didn't feel like I had anything to contribute until now.

I also doubt it will be converted by yuneec but as Long as I don't find anything wrong with it I'm likely going to keep it. I guess I have about 3 solid weeks or testing to do before my claim window closes with eBay! [emoji3]

I had seen that one on Ebay. Just didn't want to take the chance. Hope it works well for you. Enjoy!

I certainly have. I've been looking all over this place and getting great info from you and many others. I didn't feel like I had anything to contribute until now.

I also doubt it will be converted by yuneec but as Long as I don't find anything wrong with it I'm likely going to keep it. I guess I have about 3 solid weeks or testing to do before my claim window closes with eBay! [emoji3]
Bargain of the month!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430