Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E10T available :)

Yeah just seen the email in my inbox. Didn’t realise that it would come in 4 lense options and 2 resolutions. An impressive professional camera by the specs.

Looks to be a good addition to the camera options. I wonder if a thermographic option will be available in time.

The 640 version would be the one that would be worth it, but I don't think it's radiometric. When you see the price, you see that it is an expensive option and you can only use it with a Yuneec drone. They haven't played the price trick and I don't think it's worth it :(

The 640 version would be the one that would be worth it, but I don't think it's radiometric. When you see the price, you see that it is an expensive option and you can only use it with a Yuneec drone. They haven't played the price trick and I don't think it's worth it :(

Ok, do you known if the DJI XT2 is radiometric? Its around £10000 here so quite the price difference compared to the £6800 640 E10T.

.....you can only use it with a Yuneec drone...

wait - i think there are CGI Commands available too so i think we can it use as Hotspot Camera with IP Clients on RTSP for viewing - and also for setup by CGI Commands. ( I hope )
If we can do this like the CGOET then we can use windows apps too for the E10T.
The only one i feel little bad is the 9Hz version instead 30Hz. But will wait if i can test it,
hope we can buy shortly time does anyone knows a direkt buy?
txs
best wishes

The existing ET camera provides real-time temperature readings. Is that what you are referring to?

Ok, do you known if the DJI XT2 is radiometric? Its around £10000 here so quite the price difference compared to the £6800 640 E10T.

Yes, you're right, the XT2 is an even bigger nonsense and has the same defects. If someone took out an adapter that would allow the camera to be used on other drones it would be very different.

wait - i think there are CGI Commands available too so i think we can it use as Hotspot Camera with IP Clients on RTSP for viewing - and also for setup by CGI Commands. ( I hope )
If we can do this like the CGOET then we can use windows apps too for the E10T.
The only one i feel little bad is the 9Hz version instead 30Hz. But will wait if i can test it,
hope we can buy shortly time does anyone knows a direkt buy?
txs
best wishes

For that you need an adapter, which is what we talked about and I don't think it will come out and if it does it will be very expensive.

Another problem is frequency. Flir has solved this by manufacturing the Duo Pro in Switzerland and thus eliminating the US export restrictions that are where the problem really lies. By the way I have a Vue Pro and what a scam, bought in Europe and they send me the NTSC version which is 7 hz and not the 9 European hz and still do not know how to justify it after filing several complaints and request explanations, both to the European headquarters in Italy, and to the headquarters centered in the USA. I'm talking directly about it being a scam and I've told them so.

The existing ET camera provides real-time temperature readings. Is that what you are referring to?

No, a radiometric camera stores information about the temperature of each of the pixels that make up the image and not just a specific point (usually how all thermal cameras work), or a few points depending on the models. It is true that radiometric cameras are more difficult to use correctly but their results are also much more versatile. I still have a lot to learn, it is a complex subject but the main difference between a radiometric thermal camera and one that is not is that one.

Something to be said for this is that it has the built-in gimbal so you have to take it into account when comparing prices with the Flir model, for example, which is the best selling one. The Duo Pro is radiometric and costs 7500€. For 500€ you have a specific gimbal for it and you can mount it on any drone. It was released a few months after I bought the Vue Pro. Yuneec and DJI in that respect sin from the same for payloads that cost so much money. They're only good for their own drones. With an adapter or if they were allowed to work on other drones, they would not only eliminate the problem, they would sell much more and in that case Yuneec, because of the big difference in price, would take the lead.

P.D.: Not only to use it on other drones, but also to use it by hand. A Steady Grip for the E50, E90, etc. cameras, the same way they took it out for the H480 would be ideal too.

For that you need an adapter, which is what we talked about and I don't think it will come out and if it does it will be very expensive.

Can u please descibe more about this need?
i am not sure to understand fully but - example the CGOET works on Steady Grip
and becomes the Power over this. So the Cam is Hotspot and we can connect
without the ST16 and TH by WiFi Clients for the Stream and Settings.
Do you mean, that we need an adapter if we want use on other Drones?
The Gimbal is controlled by PWM - so the PWM is simple done as an custom Adapter,
example done by an cheap µC ( microcontroller likewise arduino, esp8266, esp32 and so on )
This is not witchcraft or hocus-pocus .

Another problem is frequency. Flir has solved this by manufacturing the Duo Pro in Switzerland and thus eliminating the US export restrictions that are where the problem really lies. By the way I have a Vue Pro and what a scam, bought in Europe and they send me the NTSC version which is 7 hz and not the 9 European hz and still do not know how to justify it after filing several complaints and request explanations, both to the European headquarters in Italy, and to the headquarters centered in the USA. I'm talking directly about it being a scam and I've told them so.

you can simple eliminating the US export restrictions, see attached file.

i want buy the Duo Pro R - they had 20 procent discount on "fatherday"
but did see this to late - so i am waiting next discount and then buy - the 30Hz version.

7/9 - this is being a scam - confirm -
can you still exchange it? will you exchange it?

P.D.: Not only to use it on other drones, but also to use it by hand. A Steady Grip for the E50, E90, etc. cameras, the same way they took it out for the H480 would be ideal too.

you can't use usually steady grip from Typhoon H480?
for real?

best wishes

Attachments

• Consignee Statement VUE PRO.pdf
    960.3 KB · Views: 2
Can u please descibe more about this need?
i am not sure to understand fully but - example the CGOET works on Steady Grip
and becomes the Power over this. So the Cam is Hotspot and we can connect
without the ST16 and TH by WiFi Clients for the Stream and Settings.
Do you mean, that we need an adapter if we want use on other Drones?
The Gimbal is controlled by PWM - so the PWM is simple done as an custom Adapter,
example done by an cheap µC ( microcontroller likewise arduino, esp8266, esp32 and so on )
This is not witchcraft or hocus-pocus .

Exactly what you said. The problem is programming the controller. The rest of the adapter is cables and the female connection used by the Yuneec, which can be purchased. The body can be made with a 3D printer. There are plenty of models in thingiverse. You can modify one to suit the size of the different cameras that Yuneec has.

you can simple eliminating the US export restrictions, see attached file.

but did see this to late - so i am waiting next discount and then buy - the 30Hz version.

7/9 - this is being a scam - confirm -
can you still exchange it? will you exchange it?

I'm in Europe, it's been a while. I tried that and no one wanted to do the necessary paperwork :mad: Not even Flir Europe wanted to help. All they wanted to do was sell the surplus stock of the NTSC version :mad::mad::mad:

you can't use usually steady grip from Typhoon H480?
for real?

By size it cannot be used. The other problem is that the controller is different so I doubt it's valid for the H520 payloads. I'm guessing because I haven't had the H480.

P.S.: If you can wait until November, I don't remember now if it's Black Friday or Cyber Monday but that's when they give a big discount. A whole week lasts and in that period the price drops significantly. That's when I bought it, and it was €1,200 less.

Try to monitor eBay. I have seen some pretty good deals on used and brand new Flir Duo Pro R cameras there.

May be 12500 AUD is not that bad considering that with Flir Duo R you need to figure out how to hook it up to h520 and it is for sure will cost a lot for video links, a gimbal and other things. I just do not think that Yuneec software for their camera can be any better than Flir software. I was expecting $10000 AUD for 640 version but it's just me.

BTW, it may come to this price as Yuneec is much much better than DJI and their prices in AUD is much better than they ask for the same in UK/USA with conversion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430