Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E10Tv

Reaction score
Sintiendolo en el alma, la camara E10tv no se la ve ni se la espera! Que esta pasando con Yuneec?
Me parece que hasta que dji no venda todos los Mavic Interprise dual Yuneec no tendrá el sensor disponible para poder montar la camara.

Una lastima!

Sintiendolo en el alma, la camara E10tv no se la ve ni se la espera! Que esta pasando con Yuneec?
Me parece que hasta que dji no venda todos los Mavic Interprise dual Yuneec no tendrá el sensor disponible para poder montar la camara.

Una lastima!
Please post using English only in the future

Reactions: ArnauDron
Una lastima!
Yuneec's thermal camera has been available for over 2 years (CGO-ET). It is the same specs as the Mavic Duo.
The newer E10T has a much higher resolution and is in stock at many dealers. The E10Tv is available as a pre-order and will be available soon.

Una lastima!

Although IR sensor is same size, the 2 cameras are extremely different in image quality and capabilities. If you’re in quick need and unable to obtain a E10T the ME Dual is hands down superb in comparison to the CGO-ET.

Although neither will obtain the detail or quality of the larger FLIR sensor & enhanced electronics of the E10T for SAR, Inspection, Fire assist, etc. The E10T will be offered in 320 and 640, the 640 being the preferred. Although sadly, the E10T is not Radiometric.

I’ve owned 2 CGO-ET and found them not useable for most IR needs. I’ve examined a ME Dual, it is useable and would compliment a 640 FLIR for close support scans. But I’m intending to hold off until I can compare the E10T 640 to other 640 FLIR’s.

The CGO-ET and ME Dual have the same IR Sensor size of 160 x 120 resolution in same spectral band 8-14 um, but that’s the only similarity. The CGO-ET sensor I don’t recall specs, but older sensor technology. The ME Dual uses a FLIR Lepton 3.5 Radiometric sensor. This is the same sensor used in a FLIR 1 camera.

The IR image of CGO-ET remains at 160 x 120 in an non-enhanced and non-radiometric Image. This produces a poor image with minimal detail and only temp average zone. Extremely difficult to obtain useable data beyond a 5-10 meters, not useable for SAR or Fire assist.

The ME Dual sensor is native 160 x 120 and includes FLIR MSX – or multispectral dynamic imaging; it embosses high-fidelity, visible light details onto the thermal imagery, enhances visual details and interpret critical data.

This produces a viewable image output of 640 x 480 with detail to identify a human torso, leg or waving arm at 65-75 meters and less detail but still useable at 100 meters. This is acceptable for close support SAR work.

In addition, the ME Dual FLIR Radiometric electronics provides 1) Spot Meter – avg object temps, able to measure hazardous objects at safe distance.
2) Area Measurement – average, lowest, and highest temperature and their locations within the image simultaneous. Helps to identify if objects are overheating.
3) Isotherm – User able to designate specific temperature ranges, to aid in identifying desired objects within the range... like Human temp range.

The RGB cameras are also very different.
The CGO-ET is a 2 Meg, 1920 x 1080 @ 30 FPS.
The ME Dual is a 12 Meg, 4K @ 30 FPS, 100 meg bit rate.

The E10T, in 320 or 640 is much better than either of the smaller units, but the ME Dual is at least useable... in my opinion.

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like a sales pitch.
In any case, I have not seen anything to make a good comparison between the two 160x120 cameras. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest one is usable and the other is not.
I am told the E10T will add radiometric in the next firmware update.

Kinda sounds like a sales pitch.
In any case, I have not seen anything to make a good comparison between the two 160x120 cameras. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest one is usable and the other is not.
I am told the E10T will add radiometric in the next firmware update.
Now that sounds like a sales pitch...
Can’t “add” Radiometric if the sensor isn’t present.
They might add a Radiometric model, but wait for the price.

If specs are sales pitch... then everything we read positive is a sales pitch. Easy to see the difference, quick method.. watch a few videos on the ME Dual... now find your best CGO-ET beyond 40 meters.

Last edited:
Rather a shameless deception, or let's be clear, a scam if someone from Yuneec really said that.....
What???... you didn't get the news, FLIR made a new sensor... the updatable sensor... buy it now for price of non-radiometric and we'll update it later to Radiometric and save you $thousands$.

If I were to assume, it might be a misunderstanding... they may add the Radiometric model after rollout.

It actually would be interesting if FLIR adds the Radiometric sensor to Yuneec's line, it'd be at a minimum of $4k permium to Non-R. Realizing parent company is DJI and if added to Yuneec it makes the E10T-R 640 equivilent to the Zenmuse XT2 at a lower cost. I'd like to see that, would help my decision for IR Platform between the 2.

In a perfect world, they'd make 2 adapters, and 1 camera gimbal core unit, so both models could be used on either Brands.

Nah... the likelyhood of a updatable sensor is more likely than unifying the Brands & cameras.

Soo....how do you know that the E10T does not have a radiometric sensor? It only works if it has been enabled in the firmware.

Soo....how do you know that the E10T does not have a radiometric sensor? It only works if it has been enabled in the firmware.
Steve, it's been stated it's not Radiometric... pretty simple. Every review and spec indicates non-R.
Sooo... what makes you feel it’s pending software triggering the higher priced Radiometric features?

Guess we'll find out when/if that happens.

I hope you're right, for the sake of the buyers since we've already made comparisons of features and prices before, and I think it's up in price. I also do not know if your source is reliable, excuse me if I have offended you was not my intention, I thought that once again, someone from Yuneec, on his own has probably lied due to his ignorance. The sensor is either radiometric or not, it doesn't make sense that by software they have removed such an important functionality and now they are going to activate it. It doesn't make sense that they haven't announced it when they have lost many possible buyers because the camera doesn't have that functionality (according to them it doesn't have it).

In one thing you're absolutely right to give that information, something weird is going on with that camera. From the beginning it was neither Flir nor radiometric, then "appeared" the logo of Flir, now that it is going to be radiometric activating the function by software when it is the type of sensor that determines that. Then they released two models, the 10T (the initial one) and now the 10Tv (of which we don't really know the specifications and it can be radioelectric, but it doesn't make sense that it's the same camera where if it's activated by software, the production costs, for the same sensor allows them to do it????...)

There are many things that make you think, possible? yes, probable? With Yuneec you don't know what to think anymore, but they have already taken the path of "half-truths" on more than one occasion to try to sell lies. Or at least people who work for them, and bearing in mind that if you work for a company and talk about its products you are speaking on behalf of the company..........

Once again, the lack of clear information is counterproductive, for customers and for the company. The 10Tv is announced for May? We don't have much left to wait. It could also be what Dougcjohn says, a 10Tv-R model????

Anyway, no one gets confused, I want Yuneec to bring out good products, that goes very well, that means two things, it will continue to bet and support the H520 and it will be able to mark its own path (although it is still quite behind the competitors). The more manufacturers, not only Yuneec, get good products means that DJI has competence and therefore, we, the customers, are going to benefit.

Thank you for taking the time to this publication. As a user of H520 I am very disappointed with Yuneec. I will wait for the arrival of the thermal cameras.

As far as I know Radiometric is just an extra feature that allows you to read a temperature on already taken media(after shooting) by mapping colours to a temperature and supplying this map with the taken media.
The only difference seems to be after shooting workload with your thermal media because whether it is Radiometric or not you can do it on the real time media. So based on that(if I am not wrong about what Radiometric does and means) it may be has nothing to do with a sensor used and it looks to me it is just an extra software on board feature.

Why then Flir does the same model with R or without? My guess is just a way to get extra money for their products.

Radiometric for me seems to be important. It is one thing when you are shooting an environment/hardware you are familiar with meaning you know where exactly to shoot and what are extreme values for that hardware components.

However since you can be called to do a job where you have no idea in details what is in front of your camera you will need the media that you can give to your customer who understands the environment and they will be working with it getting temperature values from any point on your media.

As far as I know Radiometric is just an extra feature that allows you to read a temperature on already taken media(after shooting) by mapping colours to a temperature and supplying this map with the taken media.
The only difference seems to be after shooting workload with your thermal media because whether it is Radiometric or not you can do it on the real time media. So based on that(if I am not wrong about what Radiometric does and means) it may be has nothing to do with a sensor used and it looks to me it is just an extra software on board feature.

Why then Flir does the same model with R or without? My guess is just a way to get extra money for their products.

Radiometric for me seems to be important. It is one thing when you are shooting an environment/hardware you are familiar with meaning you know where exactly to shoot and what are extreme values for that hardware components.

However since you can be called to do a job where you have no idea in details what is in front of your camera you will need the media that you can give to your customer who understands the environment and they will be working with it getting temperature values from any point on your media.

That's not accurate for Radiometric, it's fully determined by the sensor and Radiometric sensor costs a lot more to produce in both time & expense. Although that's a common misunderstanding due to naming nomenclature and the confusion from it's precision. Radiometry refers to the estimation of target temperature by measuring the radiation it emits.

Non-Radiometric (NR) is sometimes referred to a radiometric and Radiometric would then be referred to as Advanced Radiometric (AR). The confusion is due to NR does provide a form of temperature reading in a zone or more accurately as a "spot reading" of temperature and it's accuracy is not improved during live active image or after the reading on recording since it's based on the Sensor's pixels not software or firmware. It's reading is not based on a precise component within the image, it's reading is a "zone" around the image. Advanced Radiometry (AR) means that every pixel in the sensor is calibrated to provide a temperature value, and that several additional image metric features are provided.

The NR's spot meter value is readable via the serial command bus; user-selectable options for on-screen display of spot-meter data are provided, the numeric indicator and gauge can be shown in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.

The AR sensor is a special sensor with additional factory calibration per pixel is required for the Advanced Radiometry AR's option during the camera build. AR cannot be "retroactively added" to an existing camera. The Advanced Radiometry features provide multiple advantages per pixel and are viewable during the collection & monitoring of the image. In addition, as you indicated post-software can provide a few additional indicators for NR and can provide many additional ways to display the AR data points.

Quick example: Reading a bearing temperature through a Wind Generator's housing. If sensor's are equal in resolution (exp 640), they will both provide the image of the bearing, although the temperature of the bearing will not be obtainable with NR. The temperature will be the of the zone, if the generator is hot it will increase the zone temp. On the AR sensor, it will read the precise temperature of the bearing and precise temperature of the generator's armature's housing.

Last edited:
Based on the 2 posts above: @Wingman & @Dougcjohn, going back up to my original post #5.
The example in the difference of the lower grade cameras: CGO-ET and the ME Dual. They both have a 160 IR sensor, the ME Dual is a Radiometric and the CGO-ET is a NR. The CGO-ET will provide spot averages and the ME Dual will provide more precise readings of precise location. Although, being a 160 it's precision is not as precise as a 640 sensor based on pixel density.
Taking the additional precision of the ME Dual, using "Firmware" enhancement feature labeled "MSX" it can take a 160 image and provide a 640 image to overlay with RGB. Again, NOT as accurate as a larger AR Sensor, but by using Firmware... the software is enhancing similar to @Wingman's example of software enhancement. The MSX is also using the much higher 4K capable RGB to obtain any additional detail that can be downscaled to possibly improve image within upscaled IR image.

The ME Dual is a much newer camera system than the CGO-ET and reflects that technology with improved images & features.
Again, it's a 160 and that certainly limits the pixel density and IR quality.

Since the ME Dual is radiometric I presume it generates thermographic IR video files in .TMC format and will work with FLIR Tools.

Since the ME Dual is radiometric I presume it generates thermographic IR video files in .TMC format and will work with FLIR Tools.

You have to be careful with this, too, we're talking about still pictures, not video. Just because a radiometric camera is able to show the temperature of each one of its pixels (radiometric), does not mean that it is able to record video with the same characteristics. Keep in mind that for each frame of video would have to record all the temperature information in each of the pixels of each frame. Few cameras are capable of doing it and there I believe that it does raise the price a barbarity and I am talking about thermal cameras for drones, small factor and little weight. When I researched the subject, about 2 years ago, I didn't find one that did. Right now I don't know, but just thinking about the amount of information it has to store, it's better to look at the characteristics of the camera, which specifies it concretely. To be able to record radiometric video.

Reactions: Dougcjohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop