Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

Reaction score
Does the E50 / E90 have the same FOV as a 50mm/90mm digital full size 24x36mm cam?

The E50 is 58 degrees FOV (why didnt they call it an E60?) and the E90 is 91.

Attachments

• E50_Quick Start Guide_V1.0_5 language_170721.pdf
    682.8 KB · Views: 34
  • E90_Quick Start Guide_5 language_20170803.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
Thanx Graham, what is that compared to what we say in ""mm" when talking about cameralenses.

Hey Photo,

According to the quick start guide, the E50 is a 40mm equivalent.

The E90 guide guide says it is 23mm. More like the current CGO3+, right?

Hope some of the dealer sites get there act together and clean up their descriptions. One such site, earlier in the week, listed each camera's focal length as matching the specific camera model number. (I.e. E50 was listed as 50mm; the E90 was listed as 90mm.). Not quite!!!

Jeff

Last edited:
Specs of E-90 glad to see bit rate is 100Mbps would be nice if it could be higher , they have also implemented both H264 and more resent standard H265

WEIGHT350 g COLOR SENSITIVITYRGB COMPRESSION BIT RATE100Mbps COMPRESSION TYPEAVC/HEVC DIGITAL NOISE REDUCTION2D Filter EFFECTIVE PIXELS20 Megapixels ELEMENTS7G2P VIEW FIELDDFOV 91 FRAME RATE24/25/30/48/50/60/120 FSTOP RANGEF2.8 GIMBAL AXES3 ANGULAR VIBRATION RANGE± 0.02° MAXIMUM CONTROL RANGETILT: -90° - 15° / PAN: 360° limitless MAXIMUM CONTROL SPEEDTILT: 30°/s / PAN: 120°/s ISO RANGE100 - 6400 VIDEO RESOLUTION4K 60FPS MTF104lp/mm / CENTER: 0.6 / CORNER: 0.4 SENSOR SIZE1 Inch CMOS SHUTTER SPEED4 – 1/8000s SD CARDClass 10 u3 minimum SNRISO100, SNR 36db STORAGE TEMPERATURE-10°C - 50°C OPERATING TEMPERATURE-10°C - 40°C

Many micro-cards can not write 100 Mbps. Need the UHS-3s for sure.

What I want to see is a 4 second SS photo.:eek:

I think a more accurate statement would be "not many people are willing to pay for a micro sd card which writes 100 mbps"... there are plenty around. If you want reliable 4 K results you better own a few.

We're talking about a camera worth 1200€. It's like buying a Ferrari and then you don't have for gasoline.......

I think that with a 64GB card it's enough but be careful that many UHS don't reach 100MB/s. I am looking for options and prices and many do not exceed 90MB/s. We'll have to take a good look at it before we buy it. Soon they will be much more common and lower in price. We already have some SD that performs almost like an SSD disk that's a barbaric thing...........

Last edited:
We're talking about a camera worth 1200€. It's like buying a Ferrari and then you don't have for gasoline.......

I think that with a 64GB card it's enough but be careful that many UHS don't reach 100MB/s. I am looking for options and prices and many do not exceed 90MB/s. We'll have to take a good look at it before we buy it. Soon they will be much more common and lower in price. We already have some SD that performs almost like an SSD disk that's a barbaric thing...........
The bottom feeders and those who don't charge proper rates will really be shocked when they see what kind of investment they need to make on a computer system which can properly edit 4 K at 60fps and then of course the tremendous amount of hard drive space required for storage and back-up. One freeze frame is over 46 megabytes. The cost of the drone and a decent micro sd card is the cheapest part of the equation.

Reactions: Ace
The bottom feeders and those who don't charge proper rates will really be shocked when they see what kind of investment they need to make on a computer system which can properly edit 4 K at 60fps and then of course the tremendous amount of hard drive space required for storage and back-up. One freeze frame is over 46 megabytes. The cost of the drone and a decent micro sd card is the cheapest part of the equation.

I totally agree. Working in 4K at 60fps won't be normal except when you're recording a lot of motion, motorbike or car racing or something like that with very fast motion. With 4K at 30fps it's still more than enough. And yes, to move that amount of data you need a good computer.

I've been looking at SD cards and I'm getting old. It has changed the nomenclature and in order to obtain writing rates, be careful how important is the writing, because they usually announce the reading that is faster, it has to be as a minimum UHS-II and the symbol that appears is "II" under the symbol "U3".

We'll have to study even to buy an SD card.......

Good thing Wikipedia is usually a safe bet.

SD cards (Secure Digital)

I know both of you are well familiar with Megabits vs Megabytes, but new members may not be aware.

8 Megabits (Mb/s) per second is one Megabyte (MB/s) per second. Cameras are often rated in Megabits per second, while storage devices are often rated in Megabytes per second. Whether a "b" or a "B" can be easy to miss, but there's a big difference.:)

I totally agree. Working in 4K at 60fps won't be normal except when you're recording a lot of motion, motorbike or car racing or something like that with very fast motion. With 4K at 30fps it's still more than enough. And yes, to move that amount of data you need a good computer.

I've been looking at SD cards and I'm getting old. It has changed the nomenclature and in order to obtain writing rates, be careful how important is the writing, because they usually announce the reading that is faster, it has to be as a minimum UHS-II and the symbol that appears is "II" under the symbol "U3".

We'll have to study even to buy an SD card.......

Good thing Wikipedia is usually a safe bet.

SD cards (Secure Digital)
I totally agree the card makers some of whom have their own "unique" methods of calculating speed do not make much effort to make this easier for consumers to decide...however if you google "fastest Mico SD Cards" you can find places where 3rd parties have tested them. It is interesting to note that some cards may have the speed but for some reason do not work properly in various set-ups. Buying the proper card is more difficult than it should be.

I know both of you are well familiar with Megabits vs Megabytes, but new members may not be aware.

8 Megabits (Mb/s) per second is one Megabyte (MB/s) per second. Cameras are often rated in Megabits per second, while storage devices are often rated in Megabytes per second. Whether a "b" or a "B" can be easy to miss, but there's a big difference.:)

Uppssss, You're right, what a failure.......

100Mbps are 12.5MBps so any category 10 card is capable of handling that data rate. My mistake, I'm sorry.

Any UHS-I can work with 4K 60fps. They're usually 20MBps, so we have a margin.

The average is 30€ for 64GB and 55€ for 128€ which is not so much.

Ray,

Something Amazon shoppers need to be aware of if looking for faster cards. There are sellers that advertise v30 and V60 cards at what may at first appear to be a decent price. Read their advertising carefully as they may ship UHS-1/XC-1 cards (80mb/s) instead of the faster V30 or V60. In an attempt to try out V30 and V60 cards I had just this happen with one seller where they advertised one thing but shipped UHS-1/XC-1 cards at a price level. After a couple tries to get things right it ended up a dispute claim with Amazon and the seller.

Last edited:
Ray,

Something Amazon shoppers need to be aware of if looking for faster cards. There are sellers that advertise v30 and V60 cards at what may at first appear to be a decent price. Read their advertising carefully as they may ship UHS-1/XC-1 cards (80mb/s) instead of the faster V30 or V60. In an attempt to try out V30 and V60 cards I had just this happen with one seller where they advertised one thing but shipped UHS-1/XC-1 cards at a price level. After a couple tries to get things right it ended up a dispute claim with Amazon and the seller.

This is good info for all of us:). Amazon usually makes things good, but you've lost time and trouble.

I also should have noted in my post that often vendors only give one rating, the "Read" speed. So we need to look for the card's "Write" speed. Major mfrs will give it.

Reactions: PatR
So, here is my two cents...the San disk micro sd V30 uhs-3 gold and red card and the Samsung pro + (black and white, now green or blue or something) and Samsung Evo + (orange and white) UHS-3 cards work for the E90. I have found all three cards on sale every once in a while at various retail stores for under $25.

I also know the Samsung Evo cards work well with the E50/E90 (see teaser video in the teaser video post).

San Disk Extreme microSD Card | SanDisk

Samsung micro Sd card page Samsung Memory Cards - Memory Storage | Samsung US

Samsung Pro Plus MicroSDXC PRO Plus Memory Card w/ Adapter 64GB (2017 Model) Memory & Storage - MB-MD64GA/AM | Samsung US

Samsung Evo MicroSDXC EVO Memory Card w/ Adapter 64GB (2017 Model) Memory & Storage - MB-MP64GA/AM | Samsung US

Last edited:
Here's an Amazon link for a Delkin 64g v60 card. I wish it was only $25.00. I'll be trying it out in the H when it arrives.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZEALHB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A17MC6HOH9AVE6&psc=1

For those with a desire to do a little reading, here's a link from B&H about card speeds.
The Fastest Memory Cards Money Can Buy

Mickey,
I like your bottom feeder terminology:) Oh, sorry to learn of your battery experiences. That's not what I've experienced with the brand in years past. Hopefully they'll take care of you.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back to cameras.;)
This short short video will show you the Field of Vision difference between a CGO3+ and the E50.
Cameras were side by side.

Reactions: Nesher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430