Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 lens modification

Reaction score
Has anyone tried changing the lens on the E50 for one with a longer focal length ? I know people were able to do this on the old CG03+ camera

possible to do this type of mod. It would however it would be easier to swap in a cgo3+ lens. then have the cgo3+ lens changed to spec that you are looking for. The sensor board in of itself is the same. bit of caution do not have a crash because after you do it may brick the modified camera. because the factory calibration software will not work right.

Last edited:
a standard CGO3+ lens is a shorter focal length I want to get longer (more zoomed in) peauproductions do an 8.25mm lens but this would be similar to the existing E50 lens, I need something like 16mm with the correct thread

It not going to be easy just swapping out just e50 lens only. I own 2 e50 lens sensor boards from prior e50 modification. while there are compatible options to the cgo3+ lens. I have yet to find a working solution after doing much cross checking with different third party lens suppliers for the e50 lens setup.

Reactions: SeeHigher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval