Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 or E90

Reaction score
Hi all

Work are looking to get a h520 for both cinematic and mapping stuff. Is it best to get the E90 or E50? also does any one have a 3d model done by these that they would mind sharing?

Thanks
Ryan

From what I've seen most people are using the E90. The videos below might be useful for demonstrating the process.

Reactions: hardmaninc
The E50 is essentially an altered Typhoon H camera with an altered lens, allowing the drone to stand off further from a feature - mainly used for inspections where normal cameras would require the drone to be very very close.

In reality the camera you probably want is the E90. It has the 1 inch sensor, and is generally a more modern device, and has been receiving E90 specific software updates with new features. One of those is a digital image zoom, and optical video zoom (fancy ways of altering how much of the sensor is used to record the video - this feature has likely meant that for some the E50 is a little redundant).

Also for video the E90's larger sensor makes it the clear winner in my view.

The E50 is essentially an altered Typhoon H camera with an altered lens, allowing the drone to stand off further from a feature - mainly used for inspections where normal cameras would require the drone to be very very close.

In reality the camera you probably want is the E90. It has the 1 inch sensor, and is generally a more modern device, and has been receiving E90 specific software updates with new features. One of those is a digital image zoom, and optical video zoom (fancy ways of altering how much of the sensor is used to record the video - this feature has likely meant that for some the E50 is a little redundant).

Also for video the E90's larger sensor makes it the clear winner in my view.
Thanks yeah seems every one says the E90 next i need to look at best mapping software.

A recent thread is below where a lot of software was discussed.

I currently use Pix4D Mapper. It's very good. The Pix4D Cloud is also very useful. I'll be trying Capturing Reality when our renewal cones around.

I follow the development of ODM / WebODM. Its not quite there for accuracy but it's coming along. They are just beginning to add MicMac as another node option for WebODM too.

Best advice would be research which software that your target clients appreciate and select 2 or 3 packages to try out on multiple datasets before you decide.

A recent thread is below where a lot of software was discussed.

I currently use Pix4D Mapper. It's very good. The Pix4D Cloud is also very useful. I'll be trying Capturing Reality when our renewal cones around.

I follow the development of ODM / WebODM. Its not quite there for accuracy but it's coming along. They are just beginning to add MicMac as another node option for WebODM too.

Best advice would be research which software that your target clients appreciate and select 2 or 3 packages to try out on multiple datasets before you decide.
Thanks yeah i seen pix4d but seems very expensive for a single floating license but i guess you get the quality with that tho right i hope lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline