Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 1.0.56 UPDATE possibly something wrong

Reaction score
Is anybody having camera troubles after installing this particular update ?
My record button does not work and more than half the time,data pilot keeps crashing
Also the entire camera block including camera settings does not highlight , The tilt degrees slider indicator does not even appear on screen.
Yuneec phone support could not help me,they had no idea of the problem ,I’m forced to now (after all the resetting deleting reinstalling everything) send my unit in for service repair, or just sit and wait for a patch.

It would appear the update did not install correctly. It might help to revert to the previous version and the reinstall the update.

Is anybody having camera troubles after installing this particular update ?
My record button does not work and more than half the time,data pilot keeps crashing
Also the entire camera block including camera settings does not highlight , The tilt degrees slider indicator does not even appear on screen.
Yuneec phone support could not help me,they had no idea of the problem ,I’m forced to now (after all the resetting deleting reinstalling everything) send my unit in for service repair, or just sit and wait for a patch.
. YES,and gimbal works also.

Gotten same annoying issues of mr Flyball.... i ‘m really disappointed, cause each time i try to update my 520 with E 90 camera, issues rise ,involving Data pilot app, second i ve got reset the camera trough a small hidden button in the back... ( nothing on the manual... business as usual) third to finish those several issues, i reset completely the controller, wasting all the night to get a solution.... i use OTA system... i do not give a **** if people suggest me to use SD CARD.....

Reactions: Flying eyeball
@Peggy , I seem to recall a post you made regarding the firmware rollback on the H520 but I am unable to find it.

I'm having the same issue but with my E50 camera. When the camera is straight, it's smooth, from the moment I tilt it down, it's shaking up and down non stop. I always get the camera view but half of the time I can't film or make pictures. Sometimes I get the error message the data link is lost and sometimes the connection is completely lost in flight, also the camera view and get the message the drone will RTH but I can always keep flying the drone. I never fly really far away and am always able to return home safely myself without the RTH function to kick in.

I also have issues with the flight logs. I'm using DroneLogbook as it automatically uploads the flights from the ST16S. The store did a test flight when it arrived with them on the 18th of January '19. A couple of days later I did the upgrade to the new firmware via UpdatePilot. I still didn't fly for a couple of days then as I had to wait for the official registration to be done and the aviation insurance to be arranged (not allowed to fly in Belgium without that). After I did my first 4 flights the day those things were arranged and I connected the ST16S to wifi to upload the flight logs, DroneLogbook uploaded only 3 flights. The day after it also uploaded 3 flights out of 4.

So I started to connect the ST16S to my laptop and copy the logs from there and imported them manually into DroneLogbook, thinking they would be correct. Then I saw one flight was 29 minutes, which was impossible. So I started taking screenshots of my ST16S after each flight to compare the actual flight time. Seems like the logs pulled from the ST16S start counting from the moment the H520 is powered on even though that option is disabled in the menu instead of counting from the moment the motors are armed / take-off until landing. For some reason, DroneLogbook now suddenly does log the correct amount of flights the last two days but still, quit annoying not to be able to fully trust it. Another issue (for me at least) is that since the upgrade, the logs aren't mentioning coordinates anymore but now mention the address (street name).

I also miss the option to see the flight logs (Take-off + Landing time + actual flight time + coordinates) directly on the ST16S after the flight. It's mandatory in Belgium to log this details in our Pilot and RPAS Logbook after each flight, now it's quit cumbersome to get to that information.

I don't know how to revert to a previous firmware but I guess something must have gone wrong during the upgrade or there are several bugs in it. In the UpdatePilot it says all is up to date but the logs in DroneLogbook mention and different firmware (1.4.21).

when this happens do you have video screen and telemetry but nothing else for the camera.
Yes. I was on the phone with the support today February 6 We tried everything he could think of but nothing resolved the issue , he said he was going to try to talk to some engineers and call me back I still have a few more hours of waiting and I did schedule a phone conference for 7:25 PM Eastern today. OK I just got off the phone with YUNEEC they are sending me a new transmitter and I will follow up when I receive my new transmitter. If anybody read my thread about the YUNEEC software partners that I just deleted ignore that ,the agent at YUNEEC told me that was for developers only and that is not supposed to be for public use he said those updates can be in an Unfinished state.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue but with my E50 camera. When the camera is straight, it's smooth, from the moment I tilt it down, it's shaking up and down non stop. I always get the camera view but half of the time I can't film or make pictures. Sometimes I get the error message the data link is lost and sometimes the connection is completely lost in flight, also the camera view and get the message the drone will RTH but I can always keep flying the drone. I never fly really far away and am always able to return home safely myself without the RTH function to kick in.

I also have issues with the flight logs. I'm using DroneLogbook as it automatically uploads the flights from the ST16S. The store did a test flight when it arrived with them on the 18th of January '19. A couple of days later I did the upgrade to the new firmware via UpdatePilot. I still didn't fly for a couple of days then as I had to wait for the official registration to be done and the aviation insurance to be arranged (not allowed to fly in Belgium without that). After I did my first 4 flights the day those things were arranged and I connected the ST16S to wifi to upload the flight logs, DroneLogbook uploaded only 3 flights. The day after it also uploaded 3 flights out of 4.

So I started to connect the ST16S to my laptop and copy the logs from there and imported them manually into DroneLogbook, thinking they would be correct. Then I saw one flight was 29 minutes, which was impossible. So I started taking screenshots of my ST16S after each flight to compare the actual flight time. Seems like the logs pulled from the ST16S start counting from the moment the H520 is powered on even though that option is disabled in the menu instead of counting from the moment the motors are armed / take-off until landing. For some reason, DroneLogbook now suddenly does log the correct amount of flights the last two days but still, quit annoying not to be able to fully trust it. Another issue (for me at least) is that since the upgrade, the logs aren't mentioning coordinates anymore but now mention the address (street name).

I also miss the option to see the flight logs (Take-off + Landing time + actual flight time + coordinates) directly on the ST16S after the flight. It's mandatory in Belgium to log this details in our Pilot and RPAS Logbook after each flight, now it's quit cumbersome to get to that information.

I don't know how to revert to a previous firmware but I guess something must have gone wrong during the upgrade or there are several bugs in it. In the UpdatePilot it says all is up to date but the logs in DroneLogbook mention and different firmware (1.4.21).

Sorry I cannot add anything to that you will probably have to call YUNEEC support .They are sending me a new transmitter for my issue .I will post a thread after I get the transmitter and I am completely updated letting everybody know how it goes .He did tell me as of now YUNEEC is not using Google play store to update through the update pilot app you need to update through the UPDATEPILOT downloaded from the YUNEEC website then dragging it out of your download file and install ,as part of the install ,it will ask you do you want to install data pilot once those are installed you will have those in application form and should be ready to go ,this is all YUNEEC USA
[commercial.yuneec.com/comm-en-downloads] I just used this address and everything worked good ,On the download that is ,and this was given to me by the YUNEEC agent ( I used the browser on my ST16S)

Last edited:
@Peggy , I seem to recall a post you made regarding the firmware rollback on the H520 but I am unable to find it.

I can’t remember Steve but I think that was for the H Plus rollback not the H520.
However as long as the software has been saved format a fresh SD card in FAT32 and drop the firmware.bin file onto the card.
Insert into camera and switch on aircraft no controller switched on though.
Wait about 2 mins and the camera should flash green led.
Switch off 520 take out card and all should. E downgraded.

Reactions: Steve Carr
@Flying eyeball
There is a new OTA update for the 520 which is supposed to fix this problem.
Yeah I noticed that ,but I have already sent my controler in,and now awaiting my new controller . The page {software releases for YUNEEC partners } which support told me to stay away from ,shows the new update in flight control or auto pilot and DataPilot but the{ download center for your product H520}does not . Which is the page the support agent told me to use because the other one could possibly have updates that were in an unfinished state .

Yeah I noticed that ,but I have already sent my controler in,and now awaiting my new controller . The page {software releases for YUNEEC partners } which support told me to stay away from ,shows the new update in flight control or auto pilot and DataPilot but the{ download center for your product H520}does not . Which is the page the support agent told me to use because the other one could possibly have updates that were in an unfinished state .

We have commented several times, but the desire for our H520 to improve, can with us :p

Reactions: Flying eyeball
Hang tight for a minute there is a new update coming for DATAPILOT& FLIGHTCONTROL it is a small one. You can see the new update on the page [software releases for yuneec partners ] it was suggested to me by YUNEEC phone support to not use that page for updates. Wait until you see the update on the [ download center for your product H520].

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Hang tight for a minute there is a new update coming for DATAPILOT& FLIGHTCONTROL it is a small one. You can see the new update on the page [software releases for yuneec partners ] it was suggested to me by YUNEEC phone support to not use that page for updates. Wait until you see the update on the [ download center for your product H520].
v1.5.11 & 1.5.0.1 are already on the main download page or is there another update coming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33