Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 camera settings in Agisoft

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a rather annoying problem. I've been flying with the H520 and E90 camera for a little while now and mostly done Orthophotos, now I'm trying to do some volume calculations in a quarry.
But my problem is that all my volumes are mostly incorrect. I think it can be an issue with some settings in Camera calibration in Agisoft, as far as I understand the E90 uses a rolling shutter and therefore the Rolling Shutter Compensation should be used?
Another question is if the E90 is of the type "Fisheye"? I think I read somewhere if the focal lenght is under 24 mm it's considered a Fisheye lens, or am I in the blue here and should just use the option Frame in Agisoft?
There could be a lot of other things that's wrong but if I could eliminate these questions I would be well on my way to solve it.

Don't know if I'm in the wrong forum but I can't really find any solid answers anywhere, I would appreciate some help from the veterans with my issue!

Hi there!

I have a rather annoying problem. I've been flying with the H520 and E90 camera for a little while now and mostly done Orthophotos, now I'm trying to do some volume calculations in a quarry.
But my problem is that all my volumes are mostly incorrect. I think it can be an issue with some settings in Camera calibration in Agisoft, as far as I understand the E90 uses a rolling shutter and therefore the Rolling Shutter Compensation should be used?
Another question is if the E90 is of the type "Fisheye"? I think I read somewhere if the focal lenght is under 24 mm it's considered a Fisheye lens, or am I in the blue here and should just use the option Frame in Agisoft?
There could be a lot of other things that's wrong but if I could eliminate these questions I would be well on my way to solve it.

Don't know if I'm in the wrong forum but I can't really find any solid answers anywhere, I would appreciate some help from the veterans with my issue!
I dont use argisoft, but are you using ground control points? If not your measurements can be off any where between 3'-12' or more

Reactions: Steve Carr
I dont use argisoft, but are you using ground control points? If not your measurements can be off any where between 3'-12' or more
Yes I have been using GCP, I have 7 of them, but one thought is that I might have used them a bit incorrect. The GCP's are covering the "pit" (corners/edges and in the middle of the pit). But I've taken images in a much larger area around the pit (for an ortho) and I've used all images for the processing.

I thought that between the GCP's I'd still get accurate data but maybe because I have a lot of images outside the GCP area the outside images "contaminate" the data?

In the camera you have to deactivate the lens correction. Indicate in the program the rolling shutter. I use Pix4D but I've seen PhotoScan videos and in the end it's the same.

but you use gpc of known coordinates to do the photogrammetric survey ??

I too have had the same problem mapping with the h520
I have compared the mapping results between the 520 and my phantom PROV2 on the same project same control points I use pic4d to process
My belief is the rolling shutter on the 520 is the issue
I believe that if you use the default nadir camera position the 520 will not collect enough relief to create an accurate point cloud.i use a lot of surveyed ground control and get very good results with the phantom
One solution is to insert a waypoint at the beginning if your mission and set the camera to 85 degrees. You will see dramatic differences in the quality of the data and the control checks
Good luck

Reactions: morry
I know this is an old thread, but if you are still on the conversation, I get the 85° setting, but what is the purpose for adding the waypoint. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430