Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Fix for Gimbal Vibration

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you have a E90 camera that buzzes or vibrates this may fix the problem.

Download the attached file.
Unzip (uncompress) the file. The file name should be gimbal.yuneec
Copy the file to a formatted sd card that you normally use in the camera.
Install the card in the camera and watch the video below (the fix is the same for the C23 & E90)

NOTE: The file will be renamed gimbal.yuneec.updated after the install.

The testing and procedure was a team effort including @DCH and @WTFDproject. They spend many hours to provide this information. Thank you both.

Attachments

Last edited:

NorWiscPilot

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So... a firmware update. I’m guessing the version details (date code, et al) will be forthcoming.

Just curious... is the “manually holding the camera level” a form of calibration workaround, due to the gimbal calibration no longer a user option?

Or is my memory too foggy as to what calibrations have been locked out of user accessibility?

Hope this turns out to be the end all, be all for the fix!

Jeff

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It's not a firmware update. It's a single file to update the gimbal only. I'm guessing it changes the PID settings in the gimbal but I have no way of knowing that. It is not a calibration.

Holding the camera during boot is a precautionary measure which gives the camera IMU a horizontal reference during boot. It may work without doing so, but it's best to follow this procedure.

Reactions: arruntus

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I hope that all the colleagues, with a little luck, with this method can solve their problems.

Steve, with your permission, I'll add it to the procedure thread, it's been a while since I added anything and even less as useful as this can be, thank you very much 😀

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I hope that all the colleagues, with a little luck, with this method can solve their problems.

Steve, with your permission, I'll add it to the procedure thread, it's been a while since I added anything and even less as useful as this can be, thank you very much 😀
Yes, of course. I hope it will work for those who have this problem.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thenrie