Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 for NDVI

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about converting the E90 for NDVI mapping? Or, can anyone advise on agricultural mapping using the H520?

Cheers!

VDVI based on RGB sensors (like the E90) is looking promising. No modification needed apparently, not sure who can process the data however. Hope to try out much later after 520 and E90 arrive end of week.

Here is the link if interested on way too much information about the topic https://www.hindawi.com/journals/js/2017/1353691/

"Visible-Band Difference Vegetation Index (VDVI) is created based on the three bands of visible light."

As far as I know, to capture the RGB bands using normal cameras you have to modify them and then put a filter. Make one flight per band changing each time the filter.

Then programs like Pix4D can process the images.

In my opinion, it does not make sense to use the E90 for precision farming work, counting what it entails. Is it possible? I think so, but very laborious. If it is for personal use where the time factor has no influence it may be feasible, for professional use it is not.

Yuneecs next camera/sensor.....would be great if it was a dedicated NDVI type gimbal system. For commercial ag use with DataPilot already....could be very good. Just discussed with a large potato grower today...the amount of spuds not the gentleman:)

Yuneec likely has already put that on the drawing board.

Yuneecs next camera/sensor.....would be great if it was a dedicated NDVI type gimbal system. For commercial ag use with DataPilot already....could be very good. Just discussed with a large potato grower today...the amount of spuds not the gentleman:)

Yuneec likely has already put that on the drawing board.

If we have the possibility of a gymbal, in the same way that the H480 has it for the gopro, we can put without problem a multispectral camera Sequioia (for example). It would be a very interesting option :)

Could you use the CGOET camera?
Great idea, after checking specs on the ET does not look too promising however for NDVI type applications as the thermal sensor uses LWIR whereas NIR wavelengths are typically used for NDVI.

If we have the possibility of a gymbal, in the same way that the H480 has it for the gopro, we can put without problem a multispectral camera Sequioia (for example). It would be a very interesting option :)
That would be of high interest!

I purchased a NVDI Lens for the CGO3+ from Peau
3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP (No Distortion) – Peau Productions
Yuneec Typhoon Camera Extended Threaded Lens Mount – Peau Productions
I am yet to install it. But this will do what you want.
I didn't get a chance to try my CGO3+ on the H520 as yet... will have to wait for my replacement.

Thanks Haydn, keep us posted if you don't mind. Would be interesting to see if you get the CGO3+ to work on the H520 as this could be the work around for me.

Reactions: Haydn
I'm starting to think that there H520 is so different that the CGO3+ Is bit going to work.
You would then there for need to buy an E50 and our the lens on it.
Expensive option. But will work

From my (admittedly biased) perspective, for the 520 to really reach into the professional market, Yuneec needs to offer options for mounting sensors other than the few they offer.

I would love to see an option for a vibration damped quick release mount that includes their antenna and some ports (to draw power from the battery, and communicate with the GPS & autopilot) for sensors like the RedEdge, Sequoia, Flir sensors, lidar, various gimbals, etc. Yuneec, or a third party, could 3D print specific brackets for these many available (and soon to be available) sensors with the mate to the quick release fitting.

There are so many professional niches, and Yuneec is never going to build payloads appropriate for all of them. But it looks like they have a beautiful multirotor platform that would fit many of my applications, if it could carry the sensors specific to the services I provide.

I hope to buy a multicoptor for the 2018 field season, and the 520 would be the clear option with this option.

Reactions: arruntus
With the H480 something was done. Now with the H520 there is the advantage of the SDK that allows third parties to take out their own products. After having a look at the commands available in the SDK the gymbal control can be done without any problem.

Hopefully, gimbals will appear in order to adapt other payloads :)

Now that would be awesome.
Flir 640R...... Drool

Reactions: ArltTech
Now that would be awesome.
Flir 640R...... Drool

The new Flir Duo Pro R has just come out. She's the older sister of the Flir Duo. It's a combination of the Flir Evo Pro R and an RGB camera that records in 4K. All its features are good but its price is quite high :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie