Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Gimbal Control (or lack of) Issue

Reaction score
I've just recived a shiney new H520 with E90. Following with Yuneec's instructions I've updated the firmware on the flight controller, gimbal, camera and ST16s. Unfortunately whilst the E90 connects to the ST16s fine, and a camera picture /telemetry comes up, I have no control over the camera pan or tilt. On power on the gimbal returns to point at the front of the drone, but the camera tilt remains unaltered.

I've been in touch with Yuneec UK support, and waiting to hear back now. However gimbal calibration refuses to work. At support's suggestion I've returned the ST16s to factory and reinstalled datapilot, with no luck.

I would try to roll back the camera firmware if possible but I dont have any older firmware version and no idea if they're availabale anywhere.

Would anyone have any ideas

Reactions: 0verload
Remove the camera and put it back on. Check connectors that have nothing to prevent them from making good contact. Be sure to push the camera to the bottom, pull it towards you to check that it is properly attached.

Make sure this switch is in the middle and not flipped up. This in the up positions locks the camera to be directly forward all the time.

*edit- nevermind, just realized you said that gimbal calibration doesn't work either

Have you tried updating just the gimbal firmware only?

Screenshot_20181009-124128_Gallery.jpg

Thank you for your suggestions. Pan switch was tried in all positions, and we had already went through checking the controller calibrations. Also checked the camera connection to the drone.

Called Yuneec UK and looks like either the camera or the whole package will have to be sent over to their workshops for inspection. Its a real pity this happened so soon but thats life, and Yuneec tech staff have been very good. As has Paul from Hobby Mounts where I bought it from.

I have a question about gimbal calibration. My gimbal seems to working fine but still I have my doubts about its calibration. As far as I rememeber it has never 'gone through' which i mean that the green progressbar has never reached the and at the right side of its screen. It stops right before the end and there's no information either saying calibration was succesful nor did it fail. Couple times I have let it stay like that about 30 minutes and yet nothing definitive did happen. I find that kinda unclear.

paternoster, sorry I cant help you, perhaps someone else will be able to. My H520 never got that far, and is currently with Yuneec UK for repair.

I have a question about gimbal calibration. My gimbal seems to working fine but still I have my doubts about its calibration. As far as I rememeber it has never 'gone through' which i mean that the green progressbar has never reached the and at the right side of its screen. It stops right before the end and there's no information either saying calibration was succesful nor did it fail. Couple times I have let it stay like that about 30 minutes and yet nothing definitive did happen. I find that kinda unclear.

You're not the only one it happens to. Once the gimbal has finished moving and remains horizontal, supposedly calibrated, I leave it 1 more minute, and leave that menu. For more security, I restart both the aircraft and ST16S and check that everything is fine. That's it.

You're not the only one it happens to. Once the gimbal has finished moving and remains horizontal, supposedly calibrated, I leave it 1 more minute, and leave that menu. For more security, I restart both the aircraft and ST16S and check that everything is fine. That's it.

Ok, thanks for the info. The conclusion is then probably so that it is just a feature, a glitch among others which doesn't have to cause any more concerns.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval