Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

e90 - picture date

Reaction score
Was flying earlier today. Everything went well, no problem. Upon uploading images I have found that they all are stamped with Jan. 1, 2014 instead of May 16, 2022.
Have checked ST16S settings - May 16, 2022.
Have not updated neither ST16S nor h520 nor e90 recently. Images from a flight a week ago had correct date May 8, 2022. I must admit that I have not formatted the card for a long time.

Where is a problem? How to fix it?
Any advise?

After starting the ST wait until the clock on the screen shows the correct time and after that power up the drone. Should help.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I have noticed now that Automatic date &time (network-provided) is ticked.
It has always been like that and I have never had an issue. Always have followed same workflow and only today had this issue.

Attachments

• 20220516_222729.jpg
    20220516_222729.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: WTFDproject
As usual, there should be added a bit more theory to achieve good practice.

Preliminary is necessary to know, that only the controller, in some conditions, knows the exact time. Only the drone knows the exact position. The camera knows nothing if these two devices didn't say all the necessary things.

Because here we're talking about the time let us see what this is done.

public void syncTime(Messenger relyTo) {
Log.i(TAG, "syncTime");
Time now = new Time();
now.setToNow();
postRequest(this.SERVER_URL + "cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_TIME&time=" + now.format("%Y-%m-%d_%H:%M:%S"), relyTo, 1, IPCameraManager.APACHE_GET);
}

This is the request for CGO3/3+ cameras from the controller. For more sophisticated it is different but similar. For now, I didn't discover these cameras, because I'm focused on H480 as the same platform as more expensive ones.

If this message was missing in the flow the camera will start from the base data and time, which is happened in this topic. No simple way to be sure is the camera set properly or not if you didn't set it from another device by a GET request and to watch the response.

So, if the correct time is really important, the set for it should be well organized.

I have noticed now that Automatic date &time (network-provided) is ticked.
If you want to have the correct time, this one should be ticked. The controller gets time from the GPS module. If the real-time and controller's time are very big differences, they will not be corrected. In this case the thick should be removed, the time should be set manually, and the tick placed back.

The controller reads correct date and time but it is connected to the home wi-fi. I guess this is where it gets the right date&time from.
I will see tomorrow what it shows after the ST16S is disconnected from the home network.
Last time I flew a few days ago (May 8) ST16S was powered by GiFi battery which went down during flights to 30 some % at the close of the flying day. It stayed in the controller for that week which passed. The date&time were correct. Today I flew on original Yuneec ST16S battery in the controller. Now when I put GiFi back it reads 9%. Could it be the cause.

Not, for sure. This one doesn't be the cause at all. The battery has enough power to keep the controller up or it just powered down itself.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
If you want to have the correct time, this one should be ticked. The controller gets time from the GPS module. If the real-time and controller's time are very big differences, they will not be corrected. In this case the thick should be removed, the time should be set manually, and the tick placed back.
In the past I have tried setting the time my way and it never worked, thank you Valkin, it works doing it your way

Reactions: Vaklin
I had turn on the RC without the h520 and without access to home wi-fi today. Guess what? The date was showing Jan. 1, 2014.
Did how @Vaklin said and now the RC date is today's.

Question - what could be the reason for ST16S losing date&time?
Could it be RC battery swap and seconds it is deprived of power?
Does the ST16S have internal battery?

Is my reasoning heading right direction?

Anything else to think of?

If the correct time is an important factor, yes, it should be checked. Fast swap battery should not give problems but in any case, check it after swapping.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)
Unfortunately it seems that e90&ST16S combo has entered into a permanent state in terms of losing correct date and time after the battery swap of the latter.

I flew a 40 ha field the other day which was a multiple mission task and required both the h520 battery swap and RC one as well.

As I had fetched an offline map using the office wi-fi and securing date&time had been correct first 3 flights on the same RC battery yielded correct time stamps. ST16S was on during h520 battery swaps of course. Then I changed the ST16S battery and did 2 more flights and, as it appeared later upon checking images after landing, the date&time went back to Jan 1, 2014.

Weired. It took just seconds to swap RC batteries but apparently long enough for it to lose power and correct date.

Prepare an on-site NTP server. It will be useful for a lot of people. An IoT device with a GPS module will cover all the needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval