Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Video Loss

Reaction score
I was very disappointed today while trying to do a time lapse. I was flying at 300’ at a distance of less than 400 ‘ from the controller in full view and kept losing contact. It would not stay connected even at a distance of 250’ and lower altitudes for some reason. The camera was very inconsistant on shutter release, at times it would take nearly 7 seconds and at times would shoot multiple shots back to back.
I can only wonder how I would be able to map any piece of ground if shutter release isn’t consistent and if I can’t maintain connection at such short distances. I took my Phantom 4 and flew at distances double what I was flying with the 520 with no issues right after I flew the 520. Any suggestions or ideas what can be done to increase 520’s performance.

Reactions: marcin
I'd pay attention to a couple of things if I had those problems.

First, check that the camera is properly mounted, make the connection correctly. Clean the contacts in case of dirt, etc.
Second, check the ST16S antennas. Check that they are tight and put them in the correct position. We have 3 antennas, if we take into account that the transmitter will have an inclination of about 30 degrees leaning on our stomach, the antennas must be looking vertically, the 3 antennas. The middle one upwards and the 2 long sides open to the sides but looking upwards.

I tried the last update and in principle I didn't detect any coverage problems.

If you find that all this is correct and you still have problems, let us know if we can help you :)

For this kind of thing the H520 Help forum would be a better place ;)

I'd pay attention to a couple of things if I had those problems.

First, check that the camera is properly mounted, make the connection correctly. Clean the contacts in case of dirt, etc.
Second, check the ST16S antennas. Check that they are tight and put them in the correct position. We have 3 antennas, if we take into account that the transmitter will have an inclination of about 30 degrees leaning on our stomach, the antennas must be looking vertically, the 3 antennas. The middle one upwards and the 2 long sides open to the sides but looking upwards.

I tried the last update and in principle I didn't detect any coverage problems.

If you find that all this is correct and you still have problems, let us know if we can help you :)

For this kind of thing the H520 Help forum would be a better place ;)
Thanks for the information. I don't know why is was acting up the way it was, but I have flown it the last two day with no issues. I didn't do anything different, as a matter of fact I never removed camera or changed antenna positions. Who knows, I guess it was just having a bad day. Thanks again and I will post on the HELP forum next time.

I think there may be a bug somewhere. I had similar situation just two days ago. I flew the first battery without any problem and everything worked. Then I changed to a second battery, powered the drone on, checked GPS and started flying. I could see my camera video feed on my st16s but when I tried to record it I noticed that a record button was grey and it said there was no camera. I did not link with the camera after I replaced the battery though however I could see there was a connection shown at the top of DP and I had like 20 satellites shown. And at some point after I noticed that there was no camera linked video feed went off and it looked like it was going to reconnect with a loading symbol on a screen. I got the feed like in 1-2 seconds but it was still shown as no camera. My drone was not far away just 50 meters above me. And there were no steel structures around.

This last update didn't happen to me, but with 1.30, the last one happened to me something similar. It told me I had 17 satellites but I didn't get the 3D fixed. With the new update, some other colleague has also commented, it has happened to me a couple of times alone, the connection is cut but it comes back almost instantly.

If we have the camera correctly connected, the antennas correctly connected and oriented I think we can only think that there is some possible failure of the frimware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech