Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Error Messages for EV-Peak DY-3 Charger

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to interpret some of the error messages from the EV-Peak DV-3 battery charger? I finally purchased a balancing charger and inserted my 2 OEM batteries into the charger. One of the batteries began charging without any error messages bot the other gave the error message "Warning - Please Check BalPort" Al the other warning messages are specific and intuitive but this one suggests some sort of action to be taken. The owners manual does not indicate what to do about it - just that there is a warning. Is there any action that I can take or is the battery just toast?
From a historical perspective, these are my original batteries and I haven't flown them a whole lot. I labeled them B1 & B2 so that I could alternate them each time I fly. Due to some competing priorities, they have been in storage in my H-case for several months. They do not seem to show any signs of damage or bulging. When I plugged them in, the good one was at about 30% Charge and the one with the error message was at about 56% charge. Any thoughts?

Sometimes you have to take the battery out and reinsert, this happens to me from time to time. If it's recurring then it could be possibly a bad battery.

Thank you AH-1G!! I did that and now it is working. This charger seems to work very well. Just wish the instructions were more detailed. So, once the batteries are charged and the charger goes into "idle" do you then put them into "storage mode" till you are ready to use them?

I have received that message also if one of the cells has fallen too low after being in storage. The DY-3 seems to be overly sensitive to this. If so, using a 3rd party balance cable and charger will bring the low cell up to the point the DY-3 will work. Another option is to just give the battery 10 minutes in the Yuneec charger, then try it again.

It's well known issue. Like others say, try reseating the battery, make sure contacts OK on battery and charger, it can be very temperamental, sometimes swapping ports helps.

Santa once you have been out flying put the batteries in the charger and it will show idle then am sure its a quick press on the button for storage mode
Thank you AH-1G!! I did that and now it is working. This charger seems to work very well. Just wish the instructions were more detailed. So, once the batteries are charged and the charger goes into "idle" do you then put them into "storage mode" till you are ready to use them?

Santa once you have been out flying put the batteries in the charger and it will show idle then am sure its a quick press on the button for storage mode
A short press will start and stop charging. Use a long press for "Stor" mode.

Reactions: Mrgs1
Really well I will get them charging after work I thought once in storage mode they were good for a few months
Vast majority are at 50% when I check, a few slip into the 40% range just a force of habit, take about 10/15 minutes to check for piece of mind, just in case one cell has gone down dramatically, you have a chance of picking it up early that's all.

Will check them when get home from work @5
Vast majority are at 50% when I check, a few slip into the 40% range just a force of habit, take about 10/15 minutes to check for piece of mind, just in case one cell has gone down dramatically, you have a chance of picking it up early that's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430