Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Error OBS: Avoidance has failed

Reaction score
Good afternoon, my name is Lucas, I have a Typhoon H, I'm Brazilian, I do not know how to speak, so I'm using google translator, Drone is my boss's, I'm trying to configure but I can not, he told me But I did not understand much of DRONES, I saw some videos on youtube to configure, however, I saw that on the screen all information gets N / A and an error message appears. "OBS: Avoidance has failed." Could someone help me please?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I've had the Typhoon for about 2 months now, everything has been working GREAT. BUT, yesterday I flew it for the first time with the wand. Worked good. Put away, had a job today so took the drone out and COULD NOT FLY! Got constant OBS Failure and no Drone Voltage showing on the controller. Could find nothing to make it work, reboot bird and controller, different batteries etc. Same failure. Tried to fly it with the wand and same issue. Bird LED red, cannot start motors. I use this commercially and can not have this! Need to be flying again ASAP.

I've had the Typhoon for about 2 months now, everything has been working GREAT. BUT, yesterday I flew it for the first time with the wand. Worked good. Put away, had a job today so took the drone out and COULD NOT FLY! Got constant OBS Failure and no Drone Voltage showing on the controller. Could find nothing to make it work, reboot bird and controller, different batteries etc. Same failure. Tried to fly it with the wand and same issue. Bird LED red, cannot start motors. I use this commercially and can not have this! Need to be flying again ASAP.
To anyone who flies commercially I'd advise to have at least two aircraft to ensure that if one can't be flown then a back up aircraft is available. IMHO, to turn up at a commercial job only to find that the aircraft has an issue with no back-up aircraft will only lead to a loss of reputation.

To anyone who flies commercially I'd advise to have at least two aircraft to ensure that if one can't be flown then a back up aircraft is available. IMHO, to turn up at a commercial job only to find that the aircraft has an issue with no back-up aircraft will only lead to a loss of reputation.
I also have 2 DJI's and was able to use those. But the Yuneec is far superior and my main goto drone. But it does look bad when your goto bird simply will not connect in front of the customer.

The LED on the aircraft shows Red when you turn it on by itself without the remote or wand?

The LED on the aircraft shows Red when you turn it on by itself without the remote or wand?
Ok, here's an update. I think there was a binding problem of sorts. While on hold for tech support (1+ hours), I was fooling around with everything. With the ST16 controller turned on I turned on the wizard and tried to connect. The ST16 then connected and showed bird voltage and OBS was good.

After binding the wizard alone and using it, does the ST16 then require a re-binding with the wizard turned on? All very confusing to me.

Update to my Update... While I was able to see drone voltage and OBS did not immediately fail, still no good. This thing is bound wrong or something. Will only power up rotors if power up controller AND wand, press engine start on both devices at the same time. Then both fight over who controls and the bird is jumpy and not smooth.

How do I remove all binding and re-bind?

I also have 2 DJI's and was able to use those. But the Yuneec is far superior and my main goto drone. But it does look bad when your goto bird simply will not connect in front of the customer.
Since I've never used the wand I don't feel qualified to offer advice...but I'm sure someone will be along presently.

My go to aircraft is the H480 too, but like you I have two Phantoms one of which is mothballed. When I'm on a job I always take the Phantom too as a back up and for some jobs I will use the Phantom in preference to the H if the job warrants the quad over the hex. The Phantom is a very capable aircraft as a back up but I recon the main reason I usually reach for the H480 is that it looks just that bit more professional in front of a client (and is more fun to fly).

Yeah, this forum is worthless. Ask a question and all you get is some ******* telling you to have a backup drone. ********.

Good afternoon, my name is Lucas, I have a Typhoon H, I'm Brazilian, I do not know how to speak, so I'm using google translator, Drone is my boss's, I'm trying to configure but I can not, he told me But I did not understand much of DRONES, I saw some videos on youtube to configure, however, I saw that on the screen all information gets N / A and an error message appears. "OBS: Avoidance has failed." Could someone help me please?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
You need to relink the drone with the controller or some call it binding

Yeah, this forum is worthless. Ask a question and all you get is some ******* telling you to have a backup drone. ********.
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz, I know it can be frustrating but be patient, this all a learning curve for many of us. It is very difficult to fix issues via: threads. Go to Forms folder then Search Forms type in what your issue is and hopefully you find a fix. Good luck.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss