Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ESC Cable Colors

Reaction score
In one of the YouTube clips it was mentioned that the ESC's with the Black/White Cable (going to the LED) go on the front and with the Black/Red cable on the back of the bird. I'm in the process for rebuilding a Q500 I had around for years and upon opening it up the front has 1 ESC in Black/Red and the ohter in Black/White. The same on the back. The bird was flying fine years ago with this setup but since watching the video I'm wondering if this is correct. The part numbers are the same on the Black/White and Black/Red units so the only difference is the cable color going to the LED. As far as I know the LED's themselfes are either White or RED and the colors is embedded in the LED and not in the ESC?! Can anyone straighten me out on this issue please? I would very much appreciate it.

In one of the YouTube clips it was mentioned that the ESC's with the Black/White Cable (going to the LED) go on the front and with the Black/Red cable on the back of the bird. I'm in the process for rebuilding a Q500 I had around for years and upon opening it up the front has 1 ESC in Black/Red and the ohter in Black/White. The same on the back. The bird was flying fine years ago with this setup but since watching the video I'm wondering if this is correct. The part numbers are the same on the Black/White and Black/Red units so the only difference is the cable color going to the LED. As far as I know the LED's themselfes are either White or RED and the colors is embedded in the LED and not in the ESC?! Can anyone straighten me out on this issue please? I would very much appreciate it.

The color of the ESC LED wires does not matter. I suspect it was an assembly aide to match ESC/led sets so that you would wind up with the right color LED on each end of the Q500. Also, the earlier ESC replacements came with the 12v wires attached. The rear wires were shorter. Maybe it was also a clue for that difference.

Bottom line, the Q500 doesn't care. As long as you get the right color LED on each end of the Q500, and enough 12v wire to reach the mainboard, you're good.

The color of the ESC LED wires does not matter. I suspect it was an assembly aide to match ESC/led sets so that you would wind up with the right color LED on each end of the Q500. Also, the earlier ESC replacements came with the 12v wires attached. The rear wires were shorter. Maybe it was also a clue for that difference.

Bottom line, the Q500 doesn't care. As long as you get the right color LED on each end of the Q500, and enough 12v wire to reach the mainboard, you're good.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis