Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EV-Peak DY3 dual charger advice

Reaction score
Hi.

Just bought a EV-Peak DY3 dual charger but it cannot recognize my H+ batteries?
The DY3 has 5v on the USB and can charge my ST16S controller and the display looks bright and shiny, just no status as no batteries found.

So is this intended by the DY3 or it's because H+ batteries are different than the normal H or is my unit DOA?

// Martin

Thanks for the quick reply.
I will return my DY3 and buy a DY5 from Yuneec UK.

// Martin

Last edited:
Hi Eckert,
You are having trouble with the charger because the H Plus and H 520 batteries are HIGH VOLTAGE Lipo's not standard 4.2 volts per cell like the H480 so the charger will not recognize it as it has to have the HI V lipo which charges the cells to a top voltage of 4.35 volts per cell. That is why it is a 4cell 15.4 volt battery.MI think that they are the correct numbers but the main thing is that you need the Hi V function. I hope that helps. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Hi Eckert,
You are having trouble with the charger because the H Plus and H 520 batteries are HIGH VOLTAGE Lipo's not standard 4.2 volts per cell like the H480 so the charger will not recognize it as it has to have the HI V lipo which charges the cells to a top voltage of 4.35 volts per cell. That is why it is a 4cell 15.4 volt battery.MI think that they are the correct numbers but the main thing is that you need the Hi V function. I hope that helps. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

The connectors/connections themselves are different as well, right John?

It is more than just the chemistry at play here.

Jeff

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi Jeff,
Only the balance pins are different, 480 being round the 520 and H plus being flat rectangular. The negative and positive connectors pins are the same with all three, the balance pins do not have a mate inside of any of the birds ,so they are inmaterial to power all three birds. The 480 battery will power all of the birds the same as all the other batteries will power any of the three birds. It is not recommended to run High Voltage lipo's in the 480 as they are not made to take them and Yuneec does not recommend nor warranty there use.Haveing said that I have used the 520 batteries in my H r80 to test for longer flight times ,with very minimal gain in times ,the temps on the motors were all up 5° to normal running with standard battery ( used an infrared thermometer) there for the extra cost of high voltage lipo's was not worth the gain. Using the 480 batteries in the 520 and H Plus will only give you a shorter flight time in those birds. They are two different chemistry batteries to be able to get the higher voltage but are still classed as lipo's. That is why you need different chargers and charge leads if you use an other than standard charger , which you should be useing if you want to get the best out of your batteries. There is a site I think it is called the battery university on the Web and it is a very good read ,especially about how temperatures affect voltages and storage capacity. A difference of 16 degrees c to 26 degrees c the lower one has half the capacity available for use, hence why a lot of battery warnings when it is cold and very short times etc. I hope that this helps answer some of your questions and I will attempt to find the address for that battery info ,but you can Google lipo's and it will come up. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Hi Jeff,
Only the balance pins are different, 480 being round the 520 and H plus being flat rectangular. The negative and positive connectors pins are the same with all three, the balance pins do not have a mate inside of any of the birds ,so they are inmaterial to power all three birds. The 480 battery will power all of the birds the same as all the other batteries will power any of the three birds. It is not recommended to run High Voltage lipo's in the 480 as they are not made to take them and Yuneec does not recommend nor warranty there use.Haveing said that I have used the 520 batteries in my H r80 to test for longer flight times ,with very minimal gain in times ,the temps on the motors were all up 5° to normal running with standard battery ( used an infrared thermometer) there for the extra cost of high voltage lipo's was not worth the gain. Using the 480 batteries in the 520 and H Plus will only give you a shorter flight time in those birds. They are two different chemistry batteries to be able to get the higher voltage but are still classed as lipo's. That is why you need different chargers and charge leads if you use an other than standard charger , which you should be useing if you want to get the best out of your batteries. There is a site I think it is called the battery university on the Web and it is a very good read ,especially about how temperatures affect voltages and storage capacity. A difference of 16 degrees c to 26 degrees c the lower one has half the capacity available for use, hence why a lot of battery warnings when it is cold and very short times etc. I hope that this helps answer some of your questions and I will attempt to find the address for that battery info ,but you can Google lipo's and it will come up. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Hi John,

My post was more rhetorical than asking an actual question. I am aware of the ability to use H480 batteries in an H520, having both.

My post was more to confirm that pertaining to chargers, the difference is in the connections, specifically the balance contacts. Hence why there are different chargers (DY3 vs DY5) and different charge leads (for the universal type chargers).

I am sure others will benefit from the context of your reply, so thank you for posting, regardless.

Jeff

:)

Last edited:
Hi.

Just bought a EV-Peak DY3 dual charger but it cannot recognize my H+ batteries?
The DY3 has 5v on the USB and can charge my ST16S controller and the display looks bright and shiny, just no status as no batteries found.

So is this intended by the DY3 or it's because H+ batteries are different than the normal H or is my unit DOA?

// Martin
DY3 is for Typhoon H batteries / DY5 is for Typhoon H+ batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gautamadani