Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Experience with MK-58 downlink?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I'm trying work around the fact that the H520 must have a specific Yuneec camera payload in order for the H520 to provide telemetry back to the ST16S [according to the "Manual Bind" section, p61, of the Owners Guide V1.3.1(a)].

What I am trying to do is use the MK-58 downlink to fool the H520 into thinking that a Yuneec camera is bound to it so that I can obtain GPS status, battery status, etc while flying mapping missions with my RedEdge multispectral camera. [Note: I do NOT care to receive live video (it's not even possible with the RedEdge) all I want is to be able to keep updated on the status of my H520 during a programmed mapping/survey mission. I am NOT going to use it with a GoPro, so I don't need any info about that. :)]

So, does anyone here have experience with the MK-58? I have one, but I can not find any info about the wiring to the pins of the connectors. For example, does anyone know what wires go to the 4pin white connector (circled in red in picture below)? I need to know which pin is Ground, +5V DC, and Tx. Also, what kind of connector is this? I now know it is NOT a JST-SH 1.0mm 4pin since I just bought 20 of these and the pin spacing is wrong! Or, can you tell me what is wired to the 4 contacts on the audio jack?

This is really frustrating because when I asked Yuneec for info they responded, quite curtly, with "we are unable to assist with self-repair due to liability issues." Grumble grumble.

Thank you for your help. Also, if you think what I am trying to do won't (or will) work, I'd greatly appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
RichA

Attachments

• MK58 cable.png
    MK58 cable.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 38
  • MK58 cable.png
    MK58 cable.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 31
Just wanted to let you folks know that over on the Typhoon H discussion board I was directed to the following pinout diagram for the MK58 cable. The power comes from the 4pin JST connector (two of the JST contacts are grounds and both are connected to the sleeve contact, two of the JST contacts are +5V and both of these are connected to the tip contact). The video is fed in via the mini-USB connector

I also learned, during this process, that the H520 does not provide a consistent 5V DC to the gimbal/camera. I'm seeing a full range of voltages of 4-15 V DC at the contacts on the H520. This was completely unexpected and has really complicated my ability to put the H520 to profitable work. Grrrr.

Attachments

• MK58 Plug Pinout.jpg
    MK58 Plug Pinout.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech