Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Exploring the fear of drones....

I found this video to be fairly accurate. What's your thoughts?

A well presented video with good statistics.

The likelihood of a drone being shot out of the sky in the U.K., while being remote because of our gun laws, does exist, but I know of no instances of that happening...so far. But like in the U.S. we in the U.K. have our share of people who aren't fans of our hobby largely because of media misinformation: If some reporter on the BBC says something bad about drones it must be right, mustn't it? If a Daily Mirror newspaper headline declares that a drone hit a manned aircraft then that must be The Truth even though it was later proved to be just a plastic bag.

Education is the key but It is a very steep up hill struggle especially when main stream media is pushing against the real truth. I personally haven't had much problems from haters. Indeed, around where I live I've largely found people to be fairly ok with me flying my aircraft. For example, Last week I was flying my TH over Norden Moor in West Yorkshire. I was on my second battery and minding my own business when a couple of walkers passed by. They didn't even bother to look at me but when a cyclist appeared and tried to ride on the same public footpath they were on, they didn't half give the cyclist grief as seen in this video at time 1.15

Reactions: FLDirector19
I like his style! I found his demeanor to be very pleasant and refreshing. His information is insightful and accurate and delivered in a not threatening, common sense manner, making the video easy to watch and understand by anyone open and willing to understand.

Negative public opinion is really one of our biggest obstacles. This is the kind of video that is invaluable in making a change. I will be sharing this with some friends who are quite skeptical of flying cameras. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: FLDirector19
I like his style! I found his demeanor to be very pleasant and refreshing. His information is insightful and accurate and delivered in a not threatening, common sense manner, making the video easy to watch and understand by anyone open and willing to understand.

Negative public opinion is really one of our biggest obstacles. This is the kind of video that is invaluable in making a change. I will be sharing this with some friends who are quite skeptical of flying cameras. Thanks for sharing!
Flying cameras taboo, but hand held cameras ok!?????

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

This could easily run as a Public Service Announcement!

Reactions: Steve Carr and DCH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace