Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Extending Range

Reaction score
I want to extend the flight range of my Q500 and was wondering if anyone here has performed the "surgery" necessary to add the new antennas to the ST10?

If you have, I would like to know:
  • W
    hat product did you use? Make and Model.
  • Where did you purchase it?
  • How difficult did you find changing it out to be?
  • Would you do it again?
  • What were the results of the modification...How much additional range did you experience?
TIA

TW

Hi Texas Willie,
There are many threads here for the antenna modification as well as several Youtube videos on the procedure.
Use the magnifier icon at the upper right side of the page to do a search.
The Itelite antenna is by far the most used and effective.

Hi Texas Willie,
There are many threads here for the antenna modification as well as several Youtube videos on the procedure.
Use the magnifier icon at the upper right side of the page to do a search.
The Itelite antenna is by far the most used and effective.

Thanks a lot...much appreciated.

That is the antenna I have been looking at, but dang it's $110 on Amazon...Unfortunately, I am NOT made of money...regardless of what my Grandchildren think!

How bad is your range. I did a lot of things to improve my range before I figured out that my problem was a bad camera. Once that was replaced , under warranty, the range was fine.

My range is fine I guess, I'm just exploring the possibilities for the future. :)

Before I sent mine in for repair, I bought an ST10+ on Ebay that already had an Itelite antennae installed. You might be able to find a similar deal on Ebay, Craigs list or other trading site.

Bear in mind, if you ever do have a warranty claim, an antennae extender would void it. Mine wasn't void because I still had my original radio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin