Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Drone Webinar for Recreational Flyers: Fly Safe. Have Fun.

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
FAA Drone Webinar for Recreational Flyers:
Fly Safe. Have Fun.

Recreational Flyers! Please join Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) experts on Thursday, June 27 at 4:00 P.M. ET for a free LIVE webinar on “Recreational Flyers: Fly Safe. Have Fun.”

We will break down the new law that describes how, when, and where you can fly drones for recreational purposes, as well as how the FAA is incrementally rolling out changes.

We’ll also update you on the Low Altitude and Authorization Notification Capability (LAANC), which provides automated airspace authorizations to fly in controlled airspace. You won’t want to miss this!

Register Here!
Webinar Format:

• Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
  • Webinar sessions are hosted in audio and visual format via GoToWebinar.
  • 24 hours before the webinar, you will receive a unique URL that you will use to access the webinar. Please note: your confirmation email will come from “EON Team ([email protected]).”
  • You must download the GoToWebinar software on your computer, smartphone/tablet app, or use the link provided in your registration email.
  • On the day of the webinar you can access the session via the join link in your confirmation email, or using your 9-digit Webinar ID.
  • You are encouraged to read the GoToWebinar How-To Guide ahead of the webinar.
  • Questions and answers received during all of our webinars are available online here.
Recordings of past drone webinars in the series are available on the FAA’s YouTube Channel:

Reactions: KellyR
Thanks again Al!

I’ve signed up for the Webinars. Hopefully we can get an idea of where the FAA is headed for the future of recreational drone usage. All I’m hoping for is that the hobby usage of our airspace is not overrun by corporate greed, but with the emergence of the big commercial ventures the hobbyist and small commercial pilots may be getting the short end of the stick before long.

Hopefully they will be giving some idea of the knowledge testing requirements fairly soon and some better time frame of when LAANC will be open for recreational fliers.

Reactions: BigAl07
We can only hope so my friend.

I did speak with a good personal friend who is our sUAS liaision at the FAA and he said,

"Getting Hobby operations added to LAANC and Drone Zone (not all airports participate in LAANC) is a very high priory for us."

That was good news for sure.

We can only hope so my friend.

I did speak with a good personal friend who is our sUAS liaision at the FAA and he said,

"Getting Hobby operations added to LAANC and Drone Zone (not all airports participate in LAANC) is a very high priory for us."

That was good news for sure.

Said what?

Evidently some colors of text/links/quotes are not always displayed via the smartphone app.

Said what?

Evidently some colors of text/links/quotes are not always displayed via the smartphone app.

I copied it and made it black and bold. Let me know if that displays better.

I'll need to keep that in mind when posting in the future. Sorry about that.

It is important to keep in mind that AC 91-57B is not a legally binding document. It is more of a "warm up" for what is coming once FAA writes Section 349 into the FARs.

It is important to keep in mind that AC 91-57B is not a legally binding document. It is more of a "warm up" for what is coming once FAA writes Section 349 into the FARs.

Very true. Advisory Circulars are sort of a "meat & potatoes" of the actual regs.

"Public Law 115-254
The Federal Register Notice details which portions of Section 44809 ("Section 349") are currently implemented. This is (hopefully) more clearly explained in AC 91-57B."

Reactions: Phaedrus

I copied it and made it black and bold. Let me know if that displays better.

I'll need to keep that in mind when posting in the future. Sorry about that.

Still not showing. Bet it has something to do with the markup coding.

I do see it via a PC browser.

Still not showing. Bet it has something to do with the markup coding.

I do see it via a PC browser.

I wonder if it has anything to do with I copied it from a private conversation from another program and pasted it into this forum. That might be throwing XenForo for a loop in the mobile version . . . . ?

Section 1.1 of AC 91-57B:

1.1 Effect of Guidance. This guidance is not legally binding in its own right and will not be relied upon by the Department of Transportation (DOT) or the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a separate basis for affirmative enforcement action or other administrative penalty. Regardless of whether you rely on this guidance, you are independently required to comply with all existing laws applicable to the operation of unmanned aircraft. Conforming your actions with this guidance is voluntary and nonconformity will not affect any right or obligation under any existing statute or regulation.

The "other applicable" regulations are things like registration, special use airspace (TFRs, DC, etc), and avoiding conflicts with manned aircraft.

Where can I find up to date webinars about recreational flying under the new regulations. Everything I see on Youtube seems to be over a year old, therefore not current. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone