Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Part 107 Exam

Reaction score
Best and most efficient way to study for the Part 107 exam? There sure seems to be a lot of sites out there claiming to be the best for exam info, so wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be the most reliable. Thanks

Does everyone who does commercial work have their license?

Does everyone who does commercial work have their license?

The vast majority do. How you study for the test depends on what you want to get out of it. If all you want to do is pass the test but remain a dumb a$$ afterwards, just pay the fee for any of the quick study course that show you the answers to the questions.

If you want to effectively use the system while providing a safe and valuable service to your customer base while keeping you within the law use all the info the FAA provides for free and spend some time reading about and learning the system.

Several have used the King Flight Schools. They have trained many general aviation pilots over the years and will help you really learn the information, not just the test.

Anyone doing commercial work without a 107 certification is breaking the law and is subject to penalties for doing so. You really don’t want to be one and get caught.

Several have used the King Flight Schools. They have trained many general aviation pilots over the years and will help you really learn the information, not just the test.

Anyone doing commercial work without a 107 certification is breaking the law and is subject to penalties for doing so. You really don’t want to be one and get caught.

I want to do it the right way, so trying to find the best way to do that. I am not a great test taker, so want to find out the best way to retain the info.

An app you can get on your phone is called "PrepWare". And there are several other resources. Weather, FAA Sectional Charts, and 107 operating rules are heavily stressed.

These will help:

I believe we need a “sticky” thread dedicated to FAA documents and regulations. As the “how do I, where do I find” questions appear so frequently, and some of us repeatedly post the sources, it might end up quite a source reference thread.

If it was cross linked to all the other brand forums it would be even more useful.

I believe we need a “sticky” thread dedicated to FAA documents and regulations. As the “how do I, where do I find” questions appear so frequently, and some of us repeatedly post the sources, it might end up quite a source reference thread.

If it was cross linked to all the other brand forums it would be even more useful.

Excellent idea!!

I took about a year to read and reread the FAA manual on Part 107. I am lucky that I have an older brother that has his private pilots license, (some of the information looked Greek to me and I thought useless). But in the end I only missed 1 question, and that's because I over thought the question. Yes there are questions that have a couple answers that sound correct.

I did the same thing on my currency test. Being a full scale pilot I over thought a question on visibility minimums in uncontrolled airspace and selected the answer applicable to manned aviation. 107 operators can’t fly under those conditions.

You’re not alone. You have to know them in order to legally skirt them[emoji4]

Egg-zack-lee!!

And I am not joking. Knowing the rules allows you to come right up to the edge, and sometimes wiggle around it. When it comes to flying (anything) ignorance may be bliss, but it can also be dangerous.

FAA Part 107 means JACK! In real life.. A great piece of card to be able to work, but once on a job.. Critical thinking is a must...

Reactions: Phaedrus
And a full knowledge of the rules is an important part of critical thinking.

Nothing is more common than a common sense. Base knowledge is the foundation and not used as a scare tactic to newcomers that we often read on every forum from weekend warriors, who doesn’t feed their family by flying commercially. Once someone works on the field, there are lots of aspects to thing about, but the most important thing in one’s mind are these keywords. First “safety” second “GET IT DONE...” third “paycheck”

If common sense was indeed common in today’s world I would agree with you, but it no longer is. If it was people would not need to have a video provided before doing anything they wanted or needed to do.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
What I thought was useless, was having to know how to read the Notice to Aviators Weather blurbs. Really? I have an App and can see if it's raining outside. We don't fly city to city at 40K feet.

I did the same thing on my currency test. Being a full scale pilot I over thought a question on visibility minimums in uncontrolled airspace and selected the answer applicable to manned aviation. 107 operators can’t fly under those conditions.

Nautical Miles or Statute Miles.....True North or Magnetic North....

Keeping those sorted was my biggest issue.....I just couldn’t seem to get it right. Even now....was it @Phaedrus who called me out in a post recently? Still have to really think it......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval