Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory reset?

Reaction score
hello everyone my friend gave me a Typhoon q500 4k i am trying to reset to factory settings please help

You can get all the manuals and such here Q500 Series

What exactly are you attempting to reset on the system? There is very little that can be adjusted on the system.

Read how to create a new model and placing the aircraft in the bind mode. I’m on my phone and don’t have the Q500 4K manual handy to give a reference page.

Did you find the instructions on page27 of the Q500 4K user manual?

I'm done for tonight Going to get new sd card for st10 and add tx and rf to it and install

You can find the instructions for updating the ST10+ and the firmware here ST10+ Controller

Lots of ways to go wrong with the information we currently have, so I want to be a little cautious about how we approach this.

First, a controller update is normally not the best place to start when addressing a binding problem.
Does the controller itself seem to start normally?
If the controller looks pretty normal, the best way to cut down the mystery is to run the complete Q500 Binding verification document. You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. The verification is not just "binding instructions", it is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, STOP, report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
See Attachment 32 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.

Last edited:
Please clarify a couple of things:
1.) What drone and what controller? (ST10+ and Q500 4K?)
2.) Did you also do a firmware update? If so, what instructions did you use?

Please clarify a couple of things:
1.) What drone and what controller? (ST10+ and Q500 4K?)
2.) Did you also do a firmware update? If so, what instructions did you use?
Correct st10+ q500 4k
I have done the update, but I'm doubting if I've done it correctly now. I'll give it another shot and follow the step closely.
You need to create a"new model" then, after selecting it, you have to bind transmitter with the drone.
I've got that part down (every step until 37 has no issues). I'm just not getting any options under the "Model" column, but I do for the "camera" column

I've gone all the way back through the process again, following all instructions to the letter... but still nothing. the "model" is still not showing in any way.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210313_201617.jpg
    thumbnail_20210313_201617.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 7
I've gone all the way back through the process again, following all instructions to the letter...
Several sets of instructions have been mentioned in this thread. And you mentioned "Step 37" a couple of times. Please confirm this part is from the "Q500 Binding Verification"?

If that is correct, the issue then becomes the controller itself. You had mentioned earlier you did an update to the ST10+, and that you were not sure you it went right. I can't see that you confirmed using the guidance for doing an ST10+ Firmware update. The current guidance is similar to the version mentioned above, but has updated links to the correct firmware, which includes the TX files. Please look at Attachment 36 (ST10+ Firmware Update) of Way To Fix Drones project. That guidance will ensure the TX files are properly loaded.

Several sets of instructions have been mentioned in this thread. And you mentioned "Step 37" a couple of times. Please confirm this part is from the "Q500 Binding Verification"?

If that is correct, the issue then becomes the controller itself. You had mentioned earlier you did an update to the ST10+, and that you were not sure you it went right. I can't see that you confirmed using the guidance for doing an ST10+ Firmware update. The current guidance is similar to the version mentioned above, but has updated links to the correct firmware, which includes the TX files. Please look at Attachment 36 (ST10+ Firmware Update) of Way To Fix Drones project. That guidance will ensure the TX files are properly loaded.
I'm using
1. ST10(+) Firmware Update Instructions_EN.pdf
and
2. Binding Verification ST10+ - Q500 Rev7- English.pdf
step37: (37. Verify the receiver ID is displayed in white letters below the orange "Not connected" label in the "Model" column.)

from this link:
You can find the instructions for updating the ST10+ and the firmware here ST10+ Controller
As you can see in the picture I posted earlier, there is no white text in that column.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33