Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fail safe

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help me, I need to know are there any failsafe settings programmed into the H and if so what are they and can these settings be changed and how?

Well, there's the return-to-home altitude setting, and that's about it.

Was just needing to know as I am going to have my test on this and that is one of the questions that could be asked.

What do you mean? RTH? Yes... IPS? Yes... Collision Avoidance? Yes... CCC?...yes. Most of the safety features are not user adjustable. You can adjust RTH height but beyond that, I believe the rest is all internal and proprietary.

are there any failsafe settings programmed into the H
The built in failsafe features are 5 rotor mode, which keeps the H airborne in the even of a motor or prop failure, and RTH. If the something happens to the ST16 like being dropped into the lake, then the H will detect the loss of control signal. It will fly back to the last known position of the ST16, will descend, lower the landing gear, land about 13' away for the ST16 and shut down the motors. As mentioned above, only the altitude is user adjustable.

That's brilliant guys, hope I don't ever have to make use of these. The question I asked was because it mentioned pre- programming to low throttle and slow descent but that is mainly used in planes and possibly some cheaper drones.

You'll probably want to adjust the RTH altitude. It needs to be set higher than any obstructions that the aircraft may encounter. It comes default at (I think) somewhere around 65 feet / 20 meters. That's pretty low if you're in an area that might have tall trees, towers, or buildings. So, it would be wise to survey what's around your flight area and adjust that accordingly.

Slow decent you can turn to turtle mode to land makes landing much easier than coming in on rabbit mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval