Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Failed to connect to controller"

Reaction score
I just bought a breeze and have been having quite a few problems with it. I'm currently using it with a Pixel 2 XL. My phone connects to the drone no problem. I can take off, and fly the drone around using the phone. There is dramatic video lag after the first few seconds though. From reading some stuff it seems that might be because of a compatibility issue with the phone. I have a Galaxy S7 that I'll try to use tomorrow and see if there is any better performance.

My primary problem right now is I want to use the controller to fly it. I am more experienced and far more comfortable using a controller than I am using the phone controls. My phone pairs to the controller no problem. The controller vibrates and the far right light turns solid blue. I turn on the Breeze and connect my phone to its WiFi. No problems, controller still connected. Its when I enter the tasks menu and select controller mode. As soon as the screen changes the controller disconnects displaying a rapidly flashing error message. "Could not connect to the game controller, check your device and try again." I've tried the controller update someone listed on another thread to no avail.

Phone: Google Pixel 2 XL
FCV: 1.1.2
ESC: 1.0.3
Camera: 2.0.4 (A)

Clicking firmware upgrade in the menu results in a "No updates found" message. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Try connecting with the Breeze first, go into Controller mode, press A+Power until Controller powers on (sets Android mode), then Slide to Proceed. The controller should connect and vibrate, if not press the search for controller button at the lower right.

Reactions: DystortedSky
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you so much. It works flawlessly as long as I set it up in that order. Also this is confirmed working with a Pixel 2 XL now. I appreciate it man.

You are most welcome, glad it worked for you.

Welcome to our forum! There is a lot of good information here and a lot of good people. Take the time to introduce yourself in the Introductions section and use the search function when you have a question before starting a new thread. Many topics have been covered in depth.

Good job posting all the info you did in your first post. That gives people the info they need to address your needs.

I was having issues also not being able to connect using my iPhone x but i did notice a video where i would have to press the power button with the y apparently that would cause the controller to work with my i phone it works with no problem now my only thing is i cannot connect my breeze outside as soon as i come in to my house and start the breeze it works and i can connect..

Are you saying that you are unable to connect via wifi when you are outdoors, but it works indoors using the iPhone X?

Yes it worked the first time, once i did the update it will not connect outside i can connect inside the house go outside fly it for awhile if i turn it off and back on again it will not work i tried several times even took the battery out as soon as i walk inside and turn it back on in about a half a minute its on ready my phone sees it without no problems so not sure why i have been hesitant to try to do the update again it shows on my phone the firmware update and i already did it the first time i got to use it that's why it would not connect at the very beginning.

Connect to the Breeze, then go to the settings and About. Then list:

Client version
Flying Control version
ESC version
Camera version

What country are you in?

When did you Breeze do a firmware update?

I took the dialog with monchito to a private conversation to shorten the posts in this thread.
The result of troubleshooting the problem was to do a hard reset on the Breeze. This cleared up his connection problem.

Reactions: monchito
Great! Glad you are up and flying.

Just bought the 149.00 deal at Walmart. Comes with bluetooth controller, which was the only reason I considered this drone. I've tried several times to get through the controller connection process with no luck. I get as far as "controller connected" along with the vibration of the controller. After that it instructs you to press the "controller" icon to change it from FPV to controller. This is where my progress ends. It won't allow me to change from FPV to Controller. I've used the instructions in the manual, tried the video on Yuneec website, and watched several independent users' video's on youtube. No Joy!

Any suggestion before I return it to WallyWorld?

PS: I can fly it with my iPad 2 mini so the drone and app works.

Jim,
See my answer under your original post.

Jim,
See my answer under your original post.

Resolved Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I deleted the text in the other thread and moved it here..probably about the same time you posted your reply. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430