Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Field Report Now and then.

RPR

Reaction score
March 9th Compass Relocation
March 19th The Breakup and the Hookup
March 25th S M H

Range test: Reached 1 mile with Build 822
Reached 1 mile with Build 822

With all of the modifications done to my H Plus is is as solid as solid can get. I almost lost faith in build 822/829, because it almost flew away, and I was having the ascending issue, and some of you guys, who unpacked the new software update, will find out that the hidden menu is now password protected. Here's a work around: Locked out from IMU and Gyro calibration?

Last week, I had to bench the TH Plus, due to battery issue that I was having. I got that sorted out and today, I finally took the H Plus to work. And this post is to also address the new comers to the forum, who was shocked, when I said that the Yuneec product that I have now will be my first and last. Thanks for the private messages BTW.

Let me clear the air by saying. I wish Yuneec would have carried over the features that's seen on the Typhoon H to the Typhoon H Plus, but the TH Plus lacks the features. Now lets address stream, and connection issues, because there are lots, but there is a solution, but adding a simple foil to shield the RS and relocation of the compass, and 4Hawks antenna, seemed to do it for me. It has been weeks, since I made the first distance video, and today I got the itch to do another distance, but in the heavy WiFi location. I did not take it to 1 mile, I am not that fearless, and I like the privileges of Part 107 (In other words, I am a wuss LOL) So to clear any doubts...

If only and only if Yuneec will listen to us, the TH Plus is a heavy contender to DJI's Inspire 1 and 2 and every 3 if DJI ever comes out, with the 3rd version. Why do I fly my Yuneec more than my DJI? SIMPLE! This bird, even if Yuneec disagree, with me this drone is a work horse!!!!! Unleash the TH Plus full capability YUNEEC!

But without further adieu... 822/829 range stress test... Result, SOLID!

Last edited:
Man if the H+ could carry the Zenmuse X5S......if only......

If you had tried the X7S you would have forgotten about the X5[emoji6]

As much as I detest the way DJI does things, if they dropped their nannyware, eliminated their requirement to connect to the mother ship, and changed their EULA I’d have an I2 and X7 in a heart beat. Aside from not liking the way they limit your ability to adjust EV and sort of slow focus time it’s a real good tool for a lot of things. Having a “steerable” FPV cam in addition to the imagery camera makes a lot of work a lot easier to do., especially when performing dual operator work.

The x3 and X4 are still the preferred body vs the x5 and x7, all bodies fitted, with 35mm lens. I have the x5 and x5s w/ OLY M.12mm F2.0.
For cinematography the x7 the camera to beat in the mid range arena.

Now that most that most of the build are talking shape and some got a bit taller, and due to the Typhoon H Plus video feed range limitation, I'm back to practicing manual mapping, with the TH Plus. If Yuneec would spend a week gathering surveys to the operators in the industry, civil and cinema, this could potential guide them towards making a better sUAS. There are only 3 common ingredients that commonly comes up in the drone game.... 1. Confidence 2. Quality 3. Reliablity

Reactions: Lei Scheidell
Yesterday's test, was surprising.. My inspires doesn't like to fly far in this area, and in the past the TH Plus had problems, and it was cured somewhat with build 784 and now the Plus seems to be the only drone (except for the Mavics) that's able to fly uninterrupted in this specific location.

Having a true 50mm lens is a tremendous advantage as it closely approximates an image as seen by the human eye.

After using both an I-1 and I2 I came to the conclusion the I-1 is a toad but the I-2 is very much like a slightly upgraded 920. If you added an FPV cam and ranging feature to the 920 they would be extremely similar except for the camera, something that had been a feature easy to deal with before Yuneec down graded the 920 to the “Plus” version.

Yuneec’s greatest failure has been with their decision to down grade and isolate their basic platforms instead of designing them around modularity to allow upgraded technology additions.

Reactions: Lei Scheidell
The x3 and X4 are still the preferred body vs the x5 and x7, all bodies fitted, with 35mm lens. I have the x5 and x5s w/ OLY M.12mm F2.0.
For cinematography the x7 the camera to beat in the mid range arena.

Now that most that most of the build are talking shape and some got a bit taller, and due to the Typhoon H Plus video feed range limitation, I'm back to practicing manual mapping, with the TH Plus. If Yuneec would spend a week gathering surveys to the operators in the industry, civil and cinema, this could potential guide them towards making a better sUAS. There are only 3 common ingredients that commonly comes up in the drone game.... 1. Confidence 2. Quality 3. Reliablity
Normally fixed focus with 4/3 size is good for H+, x5 and x7 are too heavy for H+ to carry, they require a big size Typhoon.

March 9th Compass Relocation
March 19th The Breakup and the Hookup
March 25th S M H

With all of the modifications done to my H Plus is is as solid as solid can get. I almost lost faith in build 822/829, because it almost flew away, and I was having the ascending issue, and some of you guys, who unpacked the new software update, will find out that the hidden menu is now password protected. Here's a work around: Locked out from IMU and Gyro calibration?

Last week, I had to bench the TH Plus, due to battery issue that I was having. I got that sorted out and today, I finally took the H Plus to work. And this post is to also address the new comers to the forum, who was shocked, when I said that the Yuneec product that I have now will be my first and last. Thanks for the private messages BTW.

Let me clear the air by saying. I wish Yuneec would have carried over the features that's seen on the Typhoon H to the Typhoon H Plus, but the TH Plus lacks the features. Now lets address stream, and connection issues, because there are lots, but there is a solution, but adding a simple foil to shield the RS and relocation of the compass, and 4Hawks antenna, seemed to do it for me. It has been weeks, since I made the first distance video, and today I got the itch to do another distance, but in the heavy WiFi location. I did not take it to 1 mile, I am not that fearless, and I like the privileges of Part 107 (In other words, I am a wuss LOL) So to clear any doubts...

If only and only if Yuneec will listen to us, the TH Plus is a heavy contender to DJI's Inspire 1 and 2 and every 3 if DJI ever comes out, with the 3rd version. Why do I fly my Yuneec more than my DJI? SIMPLE! This bird, even if Yuneec disagree, with me this drone is a work horse!!!!! Unleash the TH Plus full capability YUNEEC!

But without further adieu... 822/829 range stress test... Result, SOLID!

DJI Eat your heart out!
Only cruise control and expo curve are missed features from H to H+, are they all you expected?

When we consider the 920 has the ability to lift close to 30 pounds and used to be able to carry a Sony a7rII we can conclude someone at Yuneec fell well short of average in their ability to make rational business projections when they elected to down grade and later discontinue the model. I still don’t understand how they thought turning gold into lead would be a good move.

That becomes even more evident when they decided to make two versions of the 520, the second being the H Plus using payloads that differ from each other. They should have only made one version and provided enough RAM in the system to permit download of of feature set programming. Had they sold the 520 at their exorbitant list price with both the mapping and general imagery software, and sold it at a lower price with either mapping or imagery software while allowing owners to upgrade through purchase of optional upgrade software they would have significantly reduced production and service costs. Going cheap on camera lenses was also a massive error when you’re trying to sell to a professional level buyer. Omitting so many of the original H features turned a lot of people off to both the H Plus and 520.

Long range is not a big deal as all will soon see mandatory range restrictions. It’s highly probable manufacturers will have to degrade the range of previously sold long range models, and inhibit user ability to modify them, at manufacturer expense. 2000’-2400’ is enough for any LOS system, as long as that 2000’-2400’ can be depended on.

Last edited:
My beef....

During my down time, I spend time checking out the social video platforms and Instagram, where contents are being uploaded daily. There are a handful of Typhoon H flyers that has made the switch to DJI. The common influential decision are based on (again) confidence, quality, stable, and reliability. And now that DJI is feeling the heat of Autel Robotics that sized the moment and stole Mavic Air and Spark thunder that has been going on for some time. The table is slowly shifting towards favoring another company, and are now in the waiting game to see the next latest and greatest drone.

Some of us TH Plus Pilots want the basics, the features we have grown accustomed to, and also wants a none basic flyer. I am happy of where I am right now, with my TH Plus, but I know there more that it can be done to the TH Plus in terms of connectivity.

3DR PIX4D can also benefit in terms of membership and profit from the TH Plus operators, because if we like a certain drone, we will support it, because we know that in the end result can justify the cost, and we have proven this time and time again. We stick to what works.

I know that Yuneec is swimming up stream is trying to win old and new pilots.

Here's the answer to everyone's request for additional features in the future from Yuneec.

"Here's a *insert useless feature here* for you"

Sorry, we dont like customers so no actual useful features that you desire are coming and we will probably discontinue the Plus in favor of the Super Plus which has all the features of the H Pro but without all that photography stuff. It does fly for .45 seconds longer too.

Reactions: h-elsner
Here's the answer to everyone's request for additional features in the future from Yuneec.

"Here's a *insert useless feature here* for you"

Sorry, we dont like customers so no actual useful features that you desire are coming and we will probably discontinue the Plus in favor of the Super Plus which has all the features of the H Pro but without all that photography stuff. It does fly for .45 seconds longer too.
Super Plus???

It’s pretty hard to take a bite out of something after you removed all your teeth.

I noticed anybody talking about that typhoon H plus. It might be a slight bigger than the pro but it do not have nothing on the pro. Even though D+ do not take mapping. It has a lot a capability that most people do not know about. They came out with plus because they have to stop using the name of the pro. That's why they changed and came out with a slightly bigger drone the plus. But you still can buy the pro. If you know anything about these drones they have a lot a capability that if you know anything about them you can go in and do your own thing with him. You can upgrade and update your own pro and they can go higher than 400 feet. If you have this dome please check into it and look at the capabilities thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech