Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

File info incorrect

Reaction score
Hi, I just got back from flying and recording some video and pictures this morning. When I look at the files on my computer, they are showing an incorrect time...by about 7 hours. I checked the ST 10 and the time and date are both correct. I could see this causing some problems with billing if I can't definitively point to a reliable time and say....see, I performed this on this day and at this time.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Yuneec Q500 4K

Here's a bit of the footage I shot.

TIA

TW

Last edited:
This flight is the first time that I felt really secure in my handling of the drone. I felt it did exactly what I expected, when I expected it to do it. It was really quite satisfying! :D

If your SD card is formatted in exFAT the time will be off as I have found. I reformatted to FAT32 and the time was correct. Doesn't make any sense to me but, that's the way it works. You will also notice that the videos will only be 5 minutes long with FAT32 and will be continuous with exFAT. My 2¢

Windows is funny with how it reads file times (created, edited, accessed, etc). Sometimes just playing the video once will straighten it out. Other times, closing the File Explorer window and reloading it works. And sometimes, Windows just can't read it right.

Flight logs will match the video's timestamp. If I was being charged for flight time, I'd want a copy of those logs for verification that I was getting the time I'm being charged for.

DashWare can help you with overlaying a timestamp onto the video from the flight logs.

If your SD card is formatted in exFAT the time will be off as I have found. I reformatted to FAT32 and the time was correct. Doesn't make any sense to me but, that's the way it works. You will also notice that the videos will only be 5 minutes long with FAT32 and will be continuous with exFAT. My 2¢

I keep mine at Fat32. I do like the 5 minute auto-trimming for the videos. Makes for faster transfers to external drives on my aged laptop. Also works well enough with my older 32-bit version of Premiere Elements.

Since the ST-10 uses an Android OS those times may be in UTC time. All the internal timing functions for android devices use UTC.

Reactions: chimpax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital