Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally happened today....totally my fault...several lessons learned

So why did you let it flying so low??? You might as well have someone in a truck follow you using a regular video camera. At least you admitted your mistakes.

Reactions: Gomi and hellions
I guess I was testing the lower limits lol...It usually won't get too low with the landing gear up
here is the higher res off the cam card

Yea, hard lesson to learn, hope you can repair the H.
It seemed a bit confused at the start - is that the difference between Watch Me and Follow Me? Never used either option so not sure.

Ha.......well the altitude hold isn't that accurate. I would stay 20' high at a min when flying fast. Maybe 10' if flying slow. And a separation to the Wizard about 50' for varying speeds and fast changes in direction. Ah....but you already know that now. :)

I looked back and saw black parts flying figuring it would be a total loss. little to my surprise I turned around and it was still trying to follow me. Put the gear down and landed to find 2 props clipped about in half on one side and the cam was gone. It was hovering quite well with the props only half complete on one side.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I looked back and saw black parts flying figuring it would be a total loss. little to my surprise I turned around and it was still trying to follow me. Put the gear down and landed to find 2 props clipped about in half on one side and the cam was gone. It was hovering quite well with the props only half complete on one side.
Amazing animal it is. I did similar 18 months ago. Misjudged the distance to a 75' flag pole. Smashed straight into it. It turned vertical from impact, dropped 5' and went into hover. I landed and found two broken props opposite each other. Zero damage otherwise.

Amazing animal it is. I did similar 18 months ago. Misjudged the distance to a 75' flag pole. Smashed straight into it. It turned vertical from impact, dropped 5' and went into hover. I landed and found two broken props opposite each other. Zero damage otherwise.
I love my H...highly under rated - Yuneec are definite challengers to DJi...the H920 is my next machine for sure.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm curious what the telemetry files look like....which ones am i looking for again? will there be any bc i was using the wizard?

not sure what you see. please explain...I noticed the 0 altitudes in several places
The altitude is reset to zero when you start the motors. For most of the flight the altitude stayed around 3 m in the telemetry. The file ends while the H is still airborne and at 3 meters.

No telemetry as the Wizard does not collect telemetry. The ST-16 has to be bound to the aircraft before telemetry can be collected and would not have been when the Wizard was used.

That crash sucks. I have noticed that the altitude drops a bit, I have never tried it that low. I personally like to have full control over my investment. Hope you get it repaired soon and get back to more cool videos.

I was in team mode. So was telemetry collected?
When you are in team mode, if you see telemetry on the left side of the screen, it will be recorded. But that would mean the H is bound to the ST16 rather than the Wizard, so the short answer is, no, the ST16 won't record anything unless it's bound to the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco