Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally it happened

Reaction score
Hi all,

I heard that a drone crashed into a passenger plane in Canada. Does anybody from our Canadian friends have some details?

Thanks and cheers

A toy drone can hit a plane resulting in no injuries, yet a drunk driver (possibly even a politician) can kill a family of four on the highway and that is acceptable. Does the entire highway system get shut down after a head on collision between a tractor trailer and a sub compact car?

Why is the sky a sacred cow?

Find the guy who illegally flew in forbidden airspace, prosecute him to the fullest and move on. No, it must be politicized.

Reactions: Art-Tistic
The car industry has a lobby, even the weapon industry has a (even stronger) lobby. And the drone industry? None. That's why politicians will first focus on the drones. And stories like this will not make it easier for us.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
I'm from Missouri, show me the crashed drone then maybe I'll believe this story......

Research news articles. They recovered a motor and portion of a Phantom boom in the Blackhawk collision. That's one verifiable event. Given the speed of a King Air on approach I would imagine they are searching the route of flight for the drone wreckage.

The technology is already available to take down a toy drone at their discretion, so one has to wonder if some of these events (not the crashes) are false flags. My friend flies Airbus 320(?) around the country and tells me the vast majority of drone sightings are bogus reports or party balloons.

I agree with the bogus reports, but we now have confirmed collisions. Some of the "knock down" technologies are currently illegal under U.S. FCC regulations. I don't think breaking the law to enforce law holds up in court all that well. Unless a government is the one doing it...

Fact is, there's a lot of irresponsible, it's all about me, hey, look at me people flying multirotors. They don't have a care or concern in the world about anything outside of themselves. There are still no pre purchase training or education standards for others to gain knowledge from.

Last edited:
just like a gun, you should need a permit to buy. The low price point allows anyone to be a pilot.... just my common sense kicking in, sorry....

just like a gun, you should need a permit to buy. .... just my common sense kicking in, sorry....

Common sense clearly shows that permits for guns do not at all help against abuse (I won't mention figures or events).
Nor do driver's licenses prevent bad driving.

Human nature is often lax and thus destructive.

Hi All, It has been on the news here in Australia as well. I have a real problem with this report all my research into this
I cannot get any facts such as what damage (show us) and what type of drone Big or Small, or was it a Bird, Plastic Bag
or even a Flying Pink Pig. I believe the Canadian Government is currently looking into new regulations to control drones,
say no more.

Well, here in the U.K. there's been nothing reported about it in the main-stream media...not that I've seen anyway. Indeed, I'm only aware of the incident through this forum.

Hi FlushVision, I find your comment interesting that you have had no news on it but it doesn't surprise me.
I find this report very Fishy and in my book just does not gel, the altitude it happened is well??? and the minister
being so quick with a press release I think it was before any details were released and not showing the
supposed damage. I have researched every event of drone hitting a plane around the world and have all been due
to other reasons and this Canadian one I believe also has question marks.
Now you understand my attitude to all this and until they get real I will not accept what is reported in the media
and authorities versions.
Cheers, John

Hi FlushVision, I find your comment interesting that you have had no news on it but it doesn't surprise me.
I find this report very Fishy and in my book just does not gel, the altitude it happened is well??? and the minister
being so quick with a press release I think it was before any details were released and not showing the
supposed damage. I have researched every event of drone hitting a plane around the world and have all been due
to other reasons and this Canadian one I believe also has question marks.
Now you understand my attitude to all this and until they get real I will not accept what is reported in the media
and authorities versions.
Cheers, John
The only report I've seen about a drone issue in the U.K. media this last few days is a report about someone being caught trying to deliver contraband into a prison using a H480 as it happens. Knowing the glee that the U.K.media has in reporting anything they see as bad with the use of drones (often made up) I'm surprised non of them picked up on the collision in Canada. Nothing...zilch. (not that I've seen anyway).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss