Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally it happened!

Reaction score
After several flights this morning for an A/C contractor lifting new A/C units on Walgreen Stores, it was time to land. Yep just another typical landing, ohhh hummm. Easy does it, slow on landing no bouncing, :cool:, arrrrrrrrrrrg:eek: what's going ono_O, my H skipping across the parking lot!
Keeping my cool:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O I'm trying to make sure it's not going to take off anywhere causing havoc.
So keeping my finger on the deceleration stick and while holding down the off button, hoping is will be ok, but to no avail it wound up with 3 broken blades and a dislodged camera.:confused:
At first why me, what caused it????
So while driving home I'm going through my depleting brain what actions I was doing when this occurred.
Ahhh, now I think realized what I did :(.
As I was holding down the deceleration control stick, and once I heard the motors purr down, I accidentally let the stick flop back up :oops::rolleyes:.
Though this is an easy fix to solder back the wires, it is rather embarrassing to say the least, especially when the President of the A/C Company was there.
Lesson; Not sure yet? errr, my ego is hurt;).
So no, I'm not going to blame it on a tree or underground wire, just pilot error.:)
Oh by the way, I'm not proficient where to put commas and periods. Writing is not my forte. :p

Last edited:
AH-1G,

Sorry to hear of your ego-bruising ordeal.

Just have to ask... did you have an opportunity to lift off again (abort the landing) or did your reflexes take over and prevented the often repeated mantra from being in memory recall? The mantra, of course, being "always be prepared to give it thrust to lift off again and go around for another try".

Hope the damage isn't too severe, to both your craft and your ego!

Jeff

Ok I've gone through the search forum and couldn't come up with wireing back the COG3+ I just need to know where the black and red wires go.

AH-1G,

Sorry to hear of your ego-bruising ordeal.

Just have to ask... did you have an opportunity to lift off again (abort the landing) or did your reflexes take over and prevented the often repeated mantra from being in memory recall? The mantra, of course, being "always be prepared to give it thrust to lift off again and go around for another try".

Hope the damage isn't too severe, to both your craft and your ego!

Jeff
Damage not sever. It was the last shot of the project, fortunately.
This happened so fast the H was tipping over on its side with in a second. I wanted to lift off but couldn't.
So it seems to me, one or several of the motors sped up causing it to tilt. Oh well it is laughable, I see it as an item that can always be replace.:)

Damage not sever. It was the last shot of the project, fortunately.
This happened so fast the H was tipping over on its side with in a second. I wanted to lift off but couldn't.

Ouch!

Those are the tough ones, when the reaction time is too short, or our best attempts to save it just don't work.

Reactions: AH-1G
After several flights this morning for an A/C contractor lifting new A/C units on Walgreen Stores, it was time to land. Yep just another typical landing, ohhh hummm. Easy does it, slow it on landing no bouncing, :cool:, arrrrrrrrrrrg:eek: what's going ono_O, my H skipping across the parking lot!
Keeping my cool:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O I'm trying to make sure it's not going to take off anywhere cause havoc.
So keeping my finger on the deceleration stick and while holding down the off button, hoping is will be ok, but to no avail it wound up with 3 broken blades and a dislodged camera.:confused:
So while driving home I'm going through my depleting brain what actions I was doing when this occurred.
Ahhh, now I think realized what I did :(. As I was holding down the deceleration control stick, and once I heard the motors purr down, I accidentally let the stick flop back up :oops::rolleyes:. Though this is an easy fix to solder back the wires, it is rather embarrassing to say the least, especially when the President of the A/C Company was there.
So no, I'm not going to blame it on a tree or underground wire, just pilot error.:)
Oh by the way, I'm not proficient where to put commas and periods. Writing is not my forte. :p

Everyone that flies whether it is RC or UAV or Drone, will eventually have an accident, that is guaranteed. ;)Glad to hear there was no collateral damage other than the stuff you mentioned.

Thanks Eagle Eye, I had to go to google though, since I have a black wire to boot.
I want to make sure this is correct, as on another post showed the wires in these position. again red and black was my concern.
So can somebody confirm the black wire is where it needs to go?
Also you can see the blue plastic cover just came of leaving the bare wire. so I plan to get some heat shield.

Attachments

• COG3+ wiring color code.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Ok I've gone through the search forum and couldn't come up with wireing back the COG3+ I just need to know where the black and red wires go.
I fixed mine using this picture:

Attachments

• Gimbal connector Wiring.jpg
    Gimbal connector Wiring.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Gimbal connector Wiring photo.jpg
    Gimbal connector Wiring photo.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 38
In those photos (in wedbster's reply and the one you posted) both show yellow and black being attached to GND... is that not correct?

8pujfrcl.jpg

BLACK+YELLOW = GND
ROT+BLUE = VBAT
WHITE = PWM
GREEN = TX

After several flights this morning for an A/C contractor lifting new A/C units on Walgreen Stores, it was time to land. Yep just another typical landing, ohhh hummm. Easy does it, slow it on landing no bouncing, :cool:, arrrrrrrrrrrg:eek: what's going ono_O, my H skipping across the parking lot!
Keeping my cool:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O I'm trying to make sure it's not going to take off anywhere cause havoc.
Ahhh, now I think realized what I did :(.
As I was holding down the deceleration control stick, and once I heard the motors purr down, I accidentally let the stick flop back up :oops::rolleyes:.
Though this is an easy fix to solder back the wires, it is rather embarrassing to say the least, especially when the President of the A/C Company was there.

I feel your pain buddy and I'm not a big writer either. but we have all had our share of accidents. It is our

I'm not sure how many of you folks stripped back these wires, but they are extremely thin and I could see there is no way to expose the wires. So this is what I did using my solder gun.
I melted the plastic conduit, this helps expose the wire! At the same time while melting the conduit I made sure I had solder at the tip of the solder gun.
I've test each wire with my multimeter making sure I have connection.:DYes!
Now to assemble it backo_O:eek: then solder to the mini camera board.
I am definitely not bored working on this.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I'm not sure how many of you folks stripped back these wires, but they are extremely thin and I could see there is no way to expose the wires. So what I was able to do using my solder gun.
I melted the plastic conduit, this helps expose the wire! At the same time while melting the conduit I made sure I had solder at the tip of the solder gun.
I've test each wire with my multimeter making sure I have connection.:DYes!
Now to assemble it backo_O:eek: then solder to the mini camera board.
I am definitely not bored working on this.:rolleyes:

I hear you buddy that is like surgery that is something I would not ever attempt. if you get a chance look at
Jules-flies that is an underscore on the hyphen
watch him replace a GPS board or the main circuit board in the typhoon H major surgery and he looks like a surgeon..
he has got patience beyond belief

I hear you buddy that is like surgery that is something I would not ever attempt. if you get a chance look at
Jules-flies that is an underscore on the hyphen
watch him replace a GPS board or the main circuit board in the typhoon H major surgery and he looks like a surgeon..
he has got patience beyond belief
Yes, it requires slowly disassembling it and vice versa. Other wires in the hub are very delicate and could easily rip out.
I have the body hub / assembly bracket back together,:D except for the soldering, will be doing that tomorrow.
I have been working on this for 3 + hours, my eyes need a rest and I need food!:p
I took pictures along the way and I may post those later?

Yes, it requires slowly disassembling it and vice versa. Other wires in the hub are very delicate and could easily rip out.
I have the body hub / assembly bracket back together,:D except for the soldering, will be doing that tomorrow.
I have been working on this for 3 + hours, my eyes need a rest and I need food!:p
I took pictures along the way and I may post those later?

I was unplugging one of her little connectors inside one time to put a new shell on.
and accidentally pulled one of the tiny wires out of the plug so went bought a new GPS module ihere no way I could have fixed it

It's disappointing when the unexpected happens, but the experience is valuable and being able sharing this info for others in the future. :)

It's disappointing when the unexpected happens, but the experience is valuable and being able sharing this info for others in the future. :)

if you get time go to YouTube and type in
KK Motion Pictures Keith thanks yuneec final

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech