Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Older H520e content from ~2021

Reaction score
There is an update in the remote control. I can download that directly there as well.
But I'm afraid that something is broken, because some of it is displayed as newer, although it seems to be an older version.
1622540323542.png
I can download it, but it also downloads the wrong one.
Most of all, I'm confused that the camera is listed as an E90, even though it's an E90X.

EDIT: Datapilot 2.0 is available as a new app in the Googleplay Appstore!
"Warning:Only For H520E"
EDIT 2:
The new looks quite different, and since the correct update version is displayed to me ... I must perform later now I lack the time ;)
1622541396951.png

Attachments

• 1622540816740.png
    1622540816740.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin
But I'm afraid that something is broken, because some of it is displayed as newer, although it seems to be an older version.
Same here OTA updates are looking a little sketchy so if your aircraft works I wouldn't mess with it.

Most of all, I'm confused that the camera is listed as an E90, even though it's an E90X.
The only thing that makes it an X is the mount.

EDIT: Datapilot 2.0 is available as a new app in the Googleplay Appstore!
"Warning:Only For H520E"
I saw this as well. I would hold off until we get more clarification unless you've got a spare setup. I've got extra RC's but just the one H520E and it's the RTK model so I am not even sure if it's compatible.

I saw this as well. I would hold off until we get more clarification unless you've got a spare setup. I've got extra RC's but just the one H520E and it's the RTK model so I am not even sure if it's compatible.
I'm trying it out now, it's not a model that I have spare... so keep your fingers crossed for me! :)
I currently have problems to update the OFDM link connection. The remote control keeps breaking the connection and a USB connection to update the drone somehow does not work ....
I'll do an edit if I can get it to work.

Edit:
I can not connect the drone, as also demonstrated here in ner PDF(i uploaded it here) from Yuneec with the remote control.
In addition, the radio connection is always found only for a second, or less, and then breaks off. <-- But only as long as the two long antennas are screwed on. If you remove them, the connection remains stable.
----
... I should not have tried .... This puts me in the very difficult position of not being able to work now -.-

EDIT (Original 9. Jun. 21:
After I sent it to Yuneec, the drone was replaced with a new one as the USB jack seems to have been defective. Link to my thread in "H520e Help"
Now everything works.
The drone climbs from the beginning directly with full speed and surface looks different.
In addition, the dronelogbook connection now works.

Attachments

• H520E+OTA+Update+EN.pdf
    366.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
well when I connected the usb from ofdm to my laptop. it throws a out right usb malfunction error.. also the rebind procedure never worked correctly after connecting the usb from controller to ofdm of the h520e. also the the st16e bit the dust burned the transmitters when disconnecting long antennas to get the camera to connect again. now I going to need to get a hold of vertigo drones and see if I can get a new st16e remote that is going to be costly. h520e is workable with old firmware and usb cable connection is not done.

• Sad
Reactions: Hypano
I am trying to load the 1.9.0-1.7.125 firmware but cannot get it to down load onto the ST16 to enable it to be transferred onto the H520E.

Here is the process until I got stuck (let me know if I should do anything different:

Unistall datapilot

Reinstall Datapilot v2.1.2 (from download)

opened

>Version
check for updates

Datapilot update 2.1.15 downloaded and updated (ALL)
and opened

Datapilot successfully updated.

Check for updates (again)
Android is latest (v1.0.17)
RC Driver is latest (v0.39)
DataPilot is latest (v2.1.15)

restarted (just in case!)

Removed DataPilot v2.1.12 that was sitting alongside 2.1.15

Opened DataPilot v2.1.15

Plugged in data cable (USB2>micro) into H520E and switch it on

Message in yellow box that:
"Vehicle is not running stable firmware! Running 1.9.0-1.7.92, latest stable is 1.9.0-1.7.125"
close box

(Can't update until H520E is turned off as WIFI is locked to ST16 and H520E)

so turn off H520E and try to check for update 1.9.0-1.7.125. This does not download....

Perhaps the having the H520E firmware 1.9.0-1.7.125 available as download present in the ST16 would help, but would DatePilot find it??

folks you might be wise to hold off on the ofdm part of the firmware updates. yuneec has now been fully made aware that it's current method is bricking h520e's

folks you might be wise to hold off on the ofdm part of the firmware updates. yuneec has now been fully made aware that it's current method is bricking h520e's
this is mine out of the box, its not even had the props on. No choice but to wait for solution to get the autopilot and 90x firmware updated.

Reactions: SkyVidTek
new replacement h520e arrived. with new flight batteries however they came at 100 percent charged. but I have got the new firmware.

When you do the calibration the potentiometers (Camera tilt, Rate slider, and Camera Pan) have to be centered before exiting the first part of the calibration procedure.

Before doing the calibration the sticks have to be checked to insure the potentiometers are anchored to the gimbal and that they are cleaned (plastic safe contact cleaner to remove fine oxidation that can develop).

Attachments

• Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 6
I had done everything as described. As already edited above, an update via Appstore, which was not displayed in Datapilot, fixed the problem.

Nevertheless, many thanks!

The screws I look more closely if they should be no longer centered again. respectively what is written in the PDF.
Good to know an update fixed it. Hard to believe these types of things escape beta testers. Something like that should never get to the field. On a system like the H520e the sticks should be using something more reliable like Hall Effect sensors anyway. Potentiometers of the caliber Yuneec is using is poor engineering. I say this coming from a background in electronics technology and quality control.

Good to know an update fixed it. Hard to believe these types of things escape beta testers. Something like that should never get to the field. On a system like the H520e the sticks should be using something more reliable like Hall Effect sensors anyway. Potentiometers of the caliber Yuneec is using is poor engineering. I say this coming from a background in electronics technology and quality control.
In my opinion, they have to do a lot to become a serious player in the business sector. In all 3 areas, hardware, software and especially in frequency, speed/quality of updates.
(The problem of the wrong decimal point was not fixed for 8 months. For me actually an exclusion criterion).

Even though many authorities in Germany rely on their drones, the whole package doesn't feel really good.

Things like "Hall Effect sensors. Potentiometers" I do not know myself, but for me is definitely the selected size of the memory and RAM, also poor engineering.
At least it hasn't crashed since the new update anymore.

The update did fix it, but now autopilot doesn't start automatically, I can select it but after restarting the RC it's back to the normal launcher.
I have so many little aches and pains that I no longer really trust the drone and now always have the DJI Mavic Mini as a backup. Let's see what becomes of it, if they still deliver, I may change my opinion.

Lo estoy probando ahora, no es un modelo que me sobra ... ¡así que cruza los dedos por mí! :)
Actualmente tengo problemas para actualizar la conexión de enlace OFDM. El control remoto sigue rompiendo la conexión y una conexión USB para actualizar el dron de alguna manera no funciona ...
Haré una edición si puedo hacer que funcione.

Editar:
No puedo conectar el dron, como también se demostró aquí en ner PDF (lo subí aquí) desde Yuneec con el control remoto.
Además, la conexión de radio siempre se encuentra solo por un segundo, o menos, y luego se interrumpe. <- Pero solo mientras las dos antenas largas estén atornilladas. Si los quita, la conexión permanece estable.
----
... No debí haberlo intentado .... Esto me pone en la muy difícil posición de no poder trabajar ahora -.-

hola eso me pasa, y el dron completamente nuevo no ha volado desde hace más de una hora y actualicé el st-16 y ahora no se conecta ni reconoce el dron. Estoy desesperado ¿Por qué funciona el dron? ¿Has encontrado la solución? Yuneec no responde. Creo que sopeso mi primera solicitud de ayuda en otro hilo. Por cierto, ¿las luces traseras parpadean en azul? Gracias

‎hello that happens to me, and the completely new drone has not flown for more than an hour and I updated the st-16 and now the drone does not connect or recognize. I'm desperate Why does the drone work? Have you found the solution? Yuneec does not respond. I think I weigh my first request for help in another thread. By the way, do the taillights flash blue? Thank you‎

hola eso me pasa, y el dron completamente nuevo no ha volado desde hace más de una hora y actualicé el st-16 y ahora no se conecta ni reconoce el dron. Estoy desesperado ¿Por qué funciona el dron? ¿Has encontrado la solución? Yuneec no responde. Creo que sopeso mi primera solicitud de ayuda en otro hilo. Por cierto, ¿las luces traseras parpadean en azul? Gracias

‎hello that happens to me, and the completely new drone has not flown for more than an hour and I updated the st-16 and now the drone does not connect or recognize. I'm desperate Why does the drone work? Have you found the solution? Yuneec does not respond. I think I weigh my first request for help in another thread. By the way, do the taillights flash blue? Thank you‎
If the rear motor LED’s are flashing blue this indicates the aircraft is not bound to the ST16e controller. Flip the aircraft upside down with it powered on and then set it upright. This should place the aircraft in the bind mode and allow the aircraft and controller to connect.

Parece que hay un par de cosas que pueden estar relacionadas. La primera es asegurarse de que la versión anterior de Datapilot fue desinstalada automáticamente como se mencionó en el otro hilo.
Si eso no resuelve el problema, puede ser necesario "Desenlazar" el H520E y volver a enlazarlo siguiendo las instrucciones de la página 19 de este manual:

There appear to be a couple of things that may be related. The first is to ensure the previous version of Datapilot was uninstalled automatically as mentioned in the other thread.
If that did not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to "Unbind" the H520E and then bind again using the instructions on page 19 of this manual:

Attachments

• Manual+H520E_RTK+ES.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 15

My problem was solved by support/ Yuneec replacing the drone with a new one.
In my case, it was probably a broken USB port that caused the updates to go wrong.
If you were able to connect without updating the drone and now you can't connect anymore.
Then I can not help you, except to say try to contact support to find the error.

Spanish translated:
Mi problema se solucionó con la sustitución del dron por uno nuevo por parte de soporte/Yuneec.
En mi caso, probablemente fue un puerto USB roto lo que hizo que las actualizaciones salieran mal.
Si pudiste conectarte sin actualizar el dron y ahora ya no puedes conectarte.
Entonces no puedo ayudarte, salvo decirte que intentes ponerte en contacto con soporte para encontrar el error.

Mi problema fue resuelto por el soporte / Yuneec reemplazando el dron por uno nuevo.
En mi caso, probablemente fue un puerto USB roto lo que provocó que las actualizaciones salieran mal.
Si pudo conectarse sin actualizar el dron y ahora ya no puede conectarse.
Entonces no puedo ayudarlo, excepto para decirle que intente ponerse en contacto con el soporte técnico para encontrar el error.

Traducido al español:
Mi problema se solucionó con la sustitución del dron por uno nuevo por parte de soporte / Yuneec.
En mi caso, probablemente fue un puerto USB roto lo que hizo que las actualizaciones salieran mal.
Si pudiste conectarte sin actualizar el dron y ahora ya no puedes conectarte.
Entonces no puedo ayudarte, salvo decirte que intentes ponerte en contacto con soporte para encontrar el error.
¿Podrías decirme cómo te fue con el apoyo? He enviado correos electrónicos a varios destinatarios de yuneec y en tres semanas todavía no han respondido. También me falla el USB para conectar con el st-16, y no ha volado más de 4 baterías, es nuevo.

¿Podrías decirme cómo te fue con el apoyo? He enviado correos electrónicos a varios destinatarios de yuneec y en tres semanas todavía no han respondido. También me falla el USB para conectar con el st-16, y no ha volado más de 4 baterías, es nuevo.
Translation:
Could you tell me how it went with the support? I've emailed multiple yuneec recipients and in three weeks they still haven't responded. The USB also fails me to connect with the st-16, and it has not flown more than 4 batteries, it is new.
--------------
I have been in contact with Vertigo drones for the last couple of weeks after getting our H520E RTK back from repair and I have a laundry list for them of software and flight planning bugs. They tell me they have been in contact with Yuneec and someone was supposed to be contacting me but they never did. The Vertigo rep is now aggravated so we'll see if they can light a fire under someone.

Translation:
Could you tell me how it went with the support? I've emailed multiple yuneec recipients and in three weeks they still haven't responded. The USB also fails me to connect with the st-16, and it has not flown more than 4 batteries, it is new.
--------------
I have been in contact with Vertigo drones for the last couple of weeks after getting our H520E RTK back from repair and I have a laundry list for them of software and flight planning bugs. They tell me they have been in contact with Yuneec and someone was supposed to be contacting me but they never did. The Vertigo rep is now aggravated so we'll see if they can light a fire under someone.
I have reached them by writing several emails and calling tens of times in the 2 hour call window we have here in Germany. 13-15 o'clock (really bad time for companies ...)

To be honest we decided to give up on Yuneec.
The problems we have with software, hardware and support are deadly for a company like ours. Indirectly, such annoyances simply cost us too much money.

Critical bugs are not fixed or only after months, there is no communication and you can't reach the support either.
And constantly there are problems with the drone.
For example, it has already tipped over and landing approaches must be regularly aborted because it wants to tip over again (without wind).
Constantly wrong values that slow down our work immensely. (from a comma in a wrong place, to completely wrong numbers, to software crashes).
Also, the landing gear is no longer correct and you have to let it sometimes 4-5 up and down until BOTH are completely in the right position.

Our conclusion is that our company, after 1 year of use, completely abolish Yuneec and no longer consider this drone manufacturer in the future.

Sorry to spew, but I'm really annoyed with this stuff right now.

I have reached them by writing several emails and calling tens of times in the 2 hour call window we have here in Germany. 13-15 o'clock (really bad time for companies ...)

To be honest we decided to give up on Yuneec.
The problems we have with software, hardware and support are deadly for a company like ours. Indirectly, such annoyances simply cost us too much money.

Critical bugs are not fixed or only after months, there is no communication and you can't reach the support either.
And constantly there are problems with the drone.
For example, it has already tipped over and landing approaches must be regularly aborted because it wants to tip over again (without wind).
Constantly wrong values that slow down our work immensely. (from a comma in a wrong place, to completely wrong numbers, to software crashes).
Also, the landing gear is no longer correct and you have to let it sometimes 4-5 up and down until BOTH are completely in the right position.

Our conclusion is that our company, after 1 year of use, completely abolish Yuneec and no longer consider this drone manufacturer in the future.

Sorry to spew, but I'm really annoyed with this stuff right now.
I feel for you mate! They have such an opportunity just to squander it with poor support. Are you flying one of the new "E" models? I know we had a ton of trouble mechanically with one of our 1st generation units but our E-RTK has been solid except for the software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval