Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Older H520e content from ~2021

I feel for you mate! They have such an opportunity just to squander it with poor support. Are you flying one of the new "E" models? I know we had a ton of trouble mechanically with one of our 1st generation units but our E-RTK has been solid except for the software.
Yes it is one of the E models.
As I said, in the meantime, the support has exchanged our old by a newer model which is equipped with other and larger antennas.

We actually also wanted RTK, but since we were told that you can also upgrade we did not get that from the beginning.
But we are now also waiting 1 year for the dual charger, which we have already paid.

I was just again in contact with support, they now wanted to have logs. The problems mentioned above are far from all. But let's see what comes out of it, our decision is safe in any case.
It is only up for debate whether the Yuneec drone remains in the possession or, if possible, is sold.

It is not only the problems but also a few decisions of Yuneec that cause me to the above decision.
For example, equipping the remote control with only 4GB of memory and 1GB of RAM....

I wanted to like Yuneec and I hoped for the best.
because the bottom line is, if it worked, they would be really solid products.
And maybe they will be eventually, I just can't wait that long.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Sí, es uno de los modelos E.
Como dije, mientras tanto, el soporte ha cambiado nuestro antiguo por un modelo más nuevo que está equipado con otras antenas y más grandes.

De hecho, también queríamos RTK, pero como nos dijeron que también se puede actualizar, no lo obtuvimos desde el principio.
Pero ahora también estamos esperando 1 año por el cargador dual, que ya hemos pagado.

Estaba nuevamente en contacto con el soporte, ahora querían tener registros. Los problemas mencionados anteriormente están lejos de ser todos. Pero veamos qué sale de ella, nuestra decisión es segura en cualquier caso.
Solo queda en debate si el dron Yuneec permanece en posesión o, si es posible, se vende.

No son solo los problemas, sino también algunas decisiones de Yuneec las que me llevan a la decisión anterior.
Por ejemplo, equipar el mando a distancia con solo 4 GB de memoria y 1 GB de RAM ...

Quería que me gustara Yuneec y esperaba lo mejor.
porque la conclusión es que, si funcionara, serían productos realmente sólidos.
Y tal vez lo sean eventualmente, simplemente no puedo esperar tanto.
Estoy totalmente de acuerdo, no puedo contactar ni responder. la máquina es nueva, no ha volado durante una hora y el tema de aterrizaje ya no aparece, y no se actualiza por no poder conectarse. y sin ayuda técnica

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo, no puedo contactar ni responder. la máquina es nueva, no ha volado durante una hora y el tema de aterrizaje ya no aparece, y no se actualiza por no poder conectarse. y sin ayuda técnica
Please translate your posts to English so that we can all participate without having to do it every time. Can both of you please provide your workflow and exactly what is happening so that I can try to include it on my ticket? What you have described is pretty vague.

Traduzca sus publicaciones al inglés para que todos podamos participar sin tener que hacerlo todo el tiempo. ¿Pueden los dos proporcionar su flujo de trabajo y exactamente lo que está sucediendo para que pueda intentar incluirlo en mi ticket? Lo que ha descrito es bastante vago.

Traduzca sus publicaciones al inglés para que todos podamos participar sin tener que hacerlo todo el tiempo. ¿Pueden los dos proporcionar su flujo de trabajo y exactamente lo que está sucediendo para que pueda intentar incluirlo en mi ticket? Lo que ha descrito es bastante va

Hi, sorry, I write it in English and it is automatically translated into Spanish, I thought it was only for me, but now I see that it does it at a general level. sorry

Please translate your posts to English so that we can all participate without having to do it every time. Can both of you please provide your workflow and exactly what is happening so that I can try to include it on my ticket? What you have described is pretty vague.
My problems are already known to Yuneec and he wanted to look at the logs and then get back to me (this was already yesterday).
There is also supposed to be a new Android update coming in the next few days that may fix some of the issues, as the last version was giving trouble in some areas.

My problems are as follows:
- The altitude information in the EXIF information varies several meters although flying at the same altitude.
- The time in the EXIF is wrong although the time is displayed correctly.
- The landing gear does not extend correctly in some cases. (Several attempts are necessary)
- The drone threatens to tip over when landing (touches down with the complete landing gear on the ground and instead of switching off it lifts 2 of 4 back up. "Emergency start" necessary).
- 1 time after a landing abort (previous point) the drone only reacted with a strong delay to inputs 1-3 sec.
- 1 time, the camera has constantly lost connection to the drone, worked fine before in the same flight.
- Software crashes
- no more autostart of the Datapilot adjustable

Sequence:
1. turn on remote control
2. drone set up
3. start app then wait
4. enter route/survey
5. start drone, take some photos manually
6. start survey (take a photo every 3 meters)
7. take some photos manually
8. land
9. post-process photos and realize that the altitudes and times were stored incorrectly. With photo distances of 3 meters the heights can deviate up to 10 meters.

EDIT: 8.10,21
The delay occurred again today.
The battery was at 20%, but do not know if it can be related.

Last edited:
My problems are already known to Yuneec and he wanted to look at the logs and then get back to me (this was already yesterday).
There is also supposed to be a new Android update coming in the next few days that may fix some of the issues, as the last version was giving trouble in some areas.

My problems are as follows:
- The altitude information in the EXIF information varies several meters although flying at the same altitude.
- The time in the EXIF is wrong although the time is displayed correctly.
- The landing gear does not extend correctly in some cases. (Several attempts are necessary)
- The drone threatens to tip over when landing (touches down with the complete landing gear on the ground and instead of switching off it lifts 2 of 4 back up. "Emergency start" necessary).
- 1 time after a landing abort (previous point) the drone only reacted with a strong delay to inputs 1-3 sec.
- 1 time, the camera has constantly lost connection to the drone, worked fine before in the same flight.
- Software crashes
- no more autostart of the Datapilot adjustable

Sequence:
1. turn on remote control
2. drone set up
3. start app then wait
4. enter route/survey
5. start drone, take some photos manually
6. start survey (take a photo every 3 meters)
7. take some photos manually
8. land
9. post-process photos and realize that the altitudes and times were stored incorrectly. With photo distances of 3 meters the heights can deviate up to 10 meters.
What are you using to read the EXIF data? Are you sure you are looking at the right fields? Different drone manufacturer's use different naming conventions for what would be the same fields which can lead to problems in processing. When we first started using Yuneec imagery in DroneDeploy they had to modify what fields they were looking at to get the date and altitude correct.

Sounds like you are having camera, GPS and power state issues at the same time so I would question the main board. Like I said before we had consistent issues with landing gear with the original H520 but have not seen anything yet on the new one. Have you tried adjusting the mechanism? It's pretty easy to do.

Where did you buy the drone?

Reactions: Hypano
What are you using to read the EXIF data? Are you sure you are looking at the right fields? Different drone manufacturer's use different naming conventions for what would be the same fields which can lead to problems in processing. When we first started using Yuneec imagery in DroneDeploy they had to modify what fields they were looking at to get the date and altitude correct.

Sounds like you are having camera, GPS and power state issues at the same time so I would question the main board. Like I said before we had consistent issues with landing gear with the original H520 but have not seen anything yet on the new one. Have you tried adjusting the mechanism? It's pretty easy to do.

Where did you buy the drone?
I am sure that I am looking at the right positions, it worked in the beginning.
I use Windows explorer (if that is the name. see picture) and Reality Capture, I also used to use a special EXIF tool, but I no longer have it.
The flight took place at 17:00. The photos were taken at the same height at a distance of 3 meters, flying at 2m/s.
EXIF altitude differences flight 2 - actually same altitude above zero.jpg
First the comma was in the wrong place, that was fixed by an update, sometime since then the values are no longer constant / the height varies.
(These examples are quite harmless, there are worse examples in which the heights sometimes vary by 10 meters.)

I have not yet tried to adjust the mechanism. I do not know how to do that yet, but will check it out soon.
i bought the drone from a dealer who ordered it from Yuneec. (in germany)

In the photos you can see what the problems are. The names of the pictures are a description

Attachments

• The camera lost the connection to the remote control, only during this the time was saved corr...jpg
    The camera lost the connection to the remote control, only during this the time was saved corr...jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Wrong height Example 1a - harmless error rate.jpg
    Wrong height Example 1a - harmless error rate.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Wrong height Example 1b - harmless error rate.jpg
    Wrong height Example 1b - harmless error rate.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Wrong height Example 2.jpg
    Wrong height Example 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 7
1633597714095.png1633598344425.png
This is a critical example. I wanted to show one like that too.
10 meters and partly more height differences, with actually the same flight altitude.
Current project, but pictures are already a few weeks old.

Last edited:
View attachment 26664View attachment 26665
This is a critical example. I wanted to show one like that too.
10 meters and partly more height differences, with actually the same flight altitude.
Current project, but pictures are already a few weeks old.

That is not good! Have you tried these contacts? I would think contacting via phone with a little agitation would get you somewhere. Let them know we have several examples of main board failures if they need engineering data. They can also contact Vertigo Drones. They are well aware.

YUNEEC Europe​

Address: Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4,
24568 Kaltenkirchen, Hamburg, Germany
Phone: 888-912-4886
Email: [email protected]

Reactions: Hypano
That is not good! Have you tried these contacts? I would think contacting via phone with a little agitation would get you somewhere. Let them know we have several examples of main board failures if they need engineering data. They can also contact Vertigo Drones. They are well aware.

YUNEEC Europe​

Address: Nikolaus-Otto-Strasse 4,
24568 Kaltenkirchen, Hamburg, Germany
Phone: 888-912-4886
Email: [email protected]
I have already contacted them on Monday.
The support employee then downloaded my logs and sample data from Wetransfer yesterday.

Let's see what comes out of it, I will give an update and if there are queries from Yuneec I will share what you mentioned.

EDIT 21.2.22: no Update, no fix so i left Yuneec and went DJI.

Last edited:
So I just received my new H520E with thermal camera. I had a Yuneec Typhoon H but a compass malfunction out it into the center of a Poplar tree at about 30 knots a year 1/2 ago. Been flying DJI and Autel EVO 2 in between then - I fly professionally for real estate as well as construction, inspections etc. Anyway- can not find anywhere in the manual about firmware updates. Old way was load it onto the SD Card and crank it up. But on several videos they show using the update pilot app. However the app says specifically not to use it on the H520E only the H520. Now the check for updates on the controller pulls up the current version to the left and then in green what I can only assume is a newer version- but no way to start downloading it? Help?

Got hold of a second-hand H520E today, and ran straight into this problem with updating it. The H520E has an updating option in the Settings screen, but when you get it to search for updates it doesn't tell you how to download them. After a search through the H520E manual, it turns out they missed out any mention of updating the drone!! (On the plus side for this manual it does have a contents page, which the H520 manual lacks; but that manual does have a section on updating - which is more important. Why don't they just get someone to proof-read these things? I'd do it for free!)

The solution is to update to Datapilot v2 (in Google Play store, Apple store as usual).

Once you've done this, then the Settings page has a option called "Version" which has a comprehensive list of all the different bits of software that might need updating. You select each one in turn to download and install.

The ST16E then finally makes use of that USB-A socket in the top on the Remote Controller to connect to the micro-USB in the OFDM unit on the back of the drone to send the updates to the aircraft.

20220421_165916.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval