Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware update th+ not downloading stuck at zero and yuneec has no response

Reaction score
ive been trying for the last two days since I purchased the yuneec typhoon h plus to update the firm ware followed what little directions there are in the manual to get the ota to down load all so I can put my 128gb micro SD card in the **** thing and the only response I can get from yuneec is oh well we can set up an appointment for you to speak to someone about this issue but they are not available until 11am till 11pm the hours I work and at this point the place where I purchased this drone is putting it on me

Welcome to the jungle... being new, I'm going to point you in the right direction... the fact is there is quite a bit of info on this... please review the following threads:

You will find an expanded version of the H Plus manual here...

Unabridged and Comprehensive H Plus Manual

Please read over the following threads that cover a variety of H Plus firmware issues:

Upgrade - Downgrade - Upgrade

H Plus FW Upgrade Build 784

FUBAR after FW Upgrade

H Plus FW Upgrade Build 809

With help found above and input here from members, you may not have to contact Yuneec at all.

Yes it wont even download them to the st16 controller

When you go to Pad can you get to the internet using the browser? You have to make sure you are connected to your wifi network before trying to do the update. Several had trouble connecting at first. Once you know you have internet connectivity try the update again.

Yes it wont even download them to the st16 controller
It would help to identify exactly where the process is failing. You might want to follow the steps in the enhanced manual @Eagle's Eye Video listed above. Take note of what you see, and post a description of what goes wrong. There are forum members who are experienced enough they may be able to identify the issue if they know exactly where the problem is occurring.

ive been trying for the last two days since I purchased the yuneec typhoon h plus to update the firm ware followed what little directions there are in the manual to get the ota to down load all so I can put my 128gb micro SD card in the **** thing and the only response I can get from yuneec is oh well we can set up an appointment for you to speak to someone about this issue but they are not available until 11am till 11pm the hours I work and at this point the place where I purchased this drone is putting it on me

sometimes you'd be better off watching youtube videos on the subject... course I never upgrade unless something is broke,,, so far everything is working...

Yes I get internet through the browser

If the resources above do not alleviate the problems you are having, contact Yuneec Customer Support here Yuneec USA | Support and choose Speak to a Pro and schedule a phone support call. You can try using the Live Chat to see if you can get a more immediate response.

I know it sounds silly but have you a micro sd card in the controller? Another way might be to get the downloads on normal PC put on the micro sd card and plug that into the controller or camera, I think that the extended manual above does give you the location that the files are downloaded to, so just transfer them using the controller as a tablet.

When you go to Pad can you get to the internet using the browser? You have to make sure you are connected to your wifi network before trying to do the update. Several had trouble connecting at first. Once you know you have internet connectivity try the update again.
Previous OTA updates worked fine. Now, whenever I try to connect to the internet to get the Jan 31 firmware update for the H+, it shows the SSID's available, but when I tried to log in, the keypad is either non-existent or underneath the SSID menu which doesn't disappear. It's hung up in the "searching" mode too.

Have you given it permission to connect in your router, I had similar when I got a replacement Th+, forgot to allow the connection in the router, once allowed was ok.

Have you given it permission to connect in your router, I had similar when I got a replacement Th+, forgot to allow the connection in the router, once allowed was ok.
I have installed 2 previous updates with no issues. Other than selecting the router SSID, I don't see where you can give permission. Please advise. Thanks.

You need to log on to the router, depends on make as to where the function is, I use a Netgear Nighthawk router and it is in Advanced/security/allowed devices. It should not just switch to blocking the TH+ But. OR maybe anti virus software.

You need to log on to the router, depends on make as to where the function is, I use a Netgear Nighthawk router and it is in Advanced/security/allowed devices. It should not just switch to blocking the TH+ But. OR maybe anti virus software.
The good thing is that I also use the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. I'm looking on the Genie and i don't see your path.

The good thing is that I also use the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. I'm looking on the Genie and i don't see your path.
I enabled the Netgear Guest feature, tried to access it on the ST16s and when i select, the network window stays up and I only see the keyboard for 1 sec and it disappears. It's something on the ST16s that's not allowing me access to enter a password.

Do not use the Genie, log on directly. If you have not changed anything, type into your browser address bar 192.168.0.1 That is default address for the router. Unfortunately the default login is User 'admin' Password is 'password' should be in your manual if not. Security not usually a problem with them all being the same.
Should find different setting in there.totally different screen, I have never used Genie, tried it.

Once in the main screen go to advanced tab. then Security then access control. Will show you what is connected to your network, Hopefully just your household, Could be next door is using your network. Mine is the D7000

Should never need guest account for your own network, only as a temp job,
I.E, we do a charity do every year, for Macmillain cancer research, For that day I turn on guest access, with the password 'Macmillan'' To let anyone attending access to internet on their phones.

Last edited:
I have Guest Network setup. It’s for friends when they come over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements