Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First crash....

Reaction score
20170528_132759_zpsjrz7ot7o.jpg
And I feel totally stupid about it. I literally navigated my Typhoon G into a "killer" spruce tree. I swear I thought I was clear of the branches but nope....

The resulting entanglement resulted in me frantically running towards the tree in the hopes of catching my craft before it finished tumbling from one branch to another as the cruel laws of gravity were observed by my craft until it hit the ground. I was less than 3 feet from making a miraculous catch. NUTS!

End result: 1 broken prop, the camera popped out of it's mount (Which resulted in the usual 3 wire breakage) and the body has a hairline crack (No separation at all) on the spar that impacted first.

After installing a new prop, carefully inspecting the camera for any obvious physical damage (could not find any) and popping the rubber bushings back in I went back out and checked to see if I could still connect.

After what seemed like forever, I was able to establish satellite lock and the bird initialized. I made a REALLY short test flight and landed.

My questions going forward are:

Would just running a thin layer of super glue over the crack suffice? 2 part epoxy be better? Or is that crack going to just keep growing from the stress of the motor lifting the body until it completely breaks?

I noticed that when I disengaged the motors I swear I could hear a slight buzzing coming from the Typhoon G that I don't seem to remember hearing before. Maybe I just never noticed it before and I am just being hyper sensitive to it now?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited:
Looks to me as thought glue of your choice will fix the crack. If super glue doesn't hold you can always epoxy over it.
After a crash it's a good idea to re-calibrate. Also, turn the motors by had and see if they all feel the same. Check for end play and side play on the motor shafts. Also a good idea to connect it to the GUI and test each motor individually.

Reactions: Riktar

I noticed that when I disengaged the motors I swear I could hear a slight buzzing coming from the Typhoon G that I don't seem to remember hearing before. Maybe I just never noticed it before and I am just being hyper sensitive to it now?

Thanks for any and all advice.

It is possible, you need to connect your Q500 to the GUI-Software to "reset" the motor-crash.

Reactions: Riktar
Thanks for the replies! The motors seem fine from a point of all spinning by hand with no binding. Side play is not noticeable.

And I will hook up the bird to the gui and do a re calibration.....

At least it's still flying, I flow my drone into a100ft play ground lite tower due to a gust of wind that was not at ground level

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430