Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First fight with the H

Reaction score
So I just got done flying my first flight with the Drone and so far I'm pretty impressed. I am curious about the range. I know a lot of guys are saying they only get about 1,500 feet. I was flying and looked at my controller and it said that I was at 820 m and I still didn't have any video cut out or lag. I did have a question regarding the low battery. When the return to home feature is enabled due to a low battery is it normal for it to go ahead and start descending on the way back? I was taking a few shots on the low battery warning came on. The Drone started flying back but it was descending pretty rapidly on its way back. I wanted to see if this is a normal function. I also noticed with the new battery but it seems to go from a half a battery too low battery in an instant pretty quick. There's not much time between the half battery to the low battery warning.

Also I had another question. When the H has OBS turned on I noticed the drone was a lot more slower in speed. I'm assuming that's normal too?

Last edited:
How fast the battery depletes is dependent on how you are flying it and the wind conditions. The harder you fly it the faster the battery drops. One thing is certain regardless of how you are flying it, once the first low warning triggers you don’t have much longer before reaching critical voltage levels. Plan to be back and landing before the first warning occurs.

I can’t answer the question about low battery RTH as I’ve never put the aircraft in that state. Normal RTH, where you trigger the mode via the switch, has the H maintain altitude if at or higher than set RTH altitude until reaching home point. If lower than RTH height it climbs to the set RTH height before departing for home.

First of all, congrats on your first flight.:cool:
You should never wait for low battery warning to come on when you're so far out.o_O
At around 15 volts you should start heading home. Most people have their drones crash before they reach home base because of insignificant power left.
I assume this is normal on it's way back home to descend quickly, that's because it's running out of power,:eek: if not it will fall out of the sky! (but I have never had to worry about low voltage that far out).
Was your battery fully charged, if so what was the reading in voltage? Check each cell with an ohm meter next time when fully charged.

How fast the battery depletes is dependent on how you are flying it and the wind conditions. The harder you fly it the faster the battery drops. One thing is certain regardless of how you are flying it, once the first low warning triggers you don’t have much longer before reaching critical voltage levels. Plan to be back and landing before the first warning occurs.

I can’t answer the question about low battery RTH as I’ve never put the aircraft in that state. Normal RTH, where you trigger the mode via the switch, has the H maintain altitude if at or higher than set RTH altitude until reaching home point. If lower than RTH height it climbs to the set RTH height before departing for home.

Well that's the odd thing. I was at 15.1V showing half battery just hovering taking some shots and then it just went to low battery mode. I assumed it would go from half to low visual level then the warning would show. Just seems like a quick jump without much warning.

Well that's the odd thing. I was at 15.1V showing half battery just hovering taking some shots and then it just went to low battery mode. I assumed it would go from half to low visual level then the warning would show. Just seems like a quick jump without much warning.
@flightcohq Was it windy?

First of all, congrats on your first flight.:cool:
You should never wait for low battery warning to come on when you're so far out.o_O
At around 15 volts you should start heading home. Most people have their drones crash before they reach home base because of insignificant power left.
I assume this is normal on it's way back home to descend quickly, that's because it's running out of power,:eek: if not it will fall out of the sky! (but I have never had to worry about low voltage that far out).
Was your battery fully charged, if so what was the reading in voltage? Check each cell with an ohm meter next time when fully charged.

Well I was about 400m out just hovering taking pictures. Next thing low battery and then it just started heading back. It was a pretty quick jump. I was hovering at half battery, got the warning for low battery. I finished taking the pictures and started heading back and then it initiated the RTH feature.

When the return to home feature is enabled due to a low battery is it normal for it to go ahead and start descending on the way back?
Need to clarify this for sure. The H does not return to home on low battery voltage. It is up to the pilot to monitor the voltage and plan to be ready to land when the voltage reaches about 14.8 v. Under normal circumstances, if you switch to Home, the H will fly home at it's current altitude or rise to the RTH altitude you have set if it is below that altitude.
If it was descending, it was because it was going to auto land on low battery. It is critical to plan your flights so that doesn't happen. 15.1v is getting close to the landing voltage. Disregard the battery icon. Always watch the voltage.

Reactions: rdonson
Need to clarify this for sure. The H does not return to home on low battery voltage. It is up to the pilot to monitor the voltage and plan to be ready to land when the voltage reaches about 14.8 v. Under normal circumstances, if you switch to Home, the H will fly home at it's current altitude or rise to the RTH altitude you have set if it is below that altitude.
If it was descending, it was because it was going to auto land on low battery. It is critical to plan your flights so that doesn't happen. 15.1v is getting close to the landing voltage. Disregard the battery icon. Always watch the voltage.

Will do. I only had one battery today so was trying to maximize flight. I'm used to the DJI where it will basically allow you to fly so far on the battery level to make sure it returns safely. I have one UltraX battery coming tomorrow and another 2 on Thursday. I'll start bring it back around 15.1v.

Hmmmmm, I stand corrected:oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval