Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight after crash

Reaction score
So about a month ago I crashed my H pushing the watch me mode too hard, it got under a canopy of 2 trees and mingled with some branches. The crash claimed 4 props, 4 arm latches, an arm (motor base broke), 2 motors, and an landing gear module.
I have replaced everything except the module, which is in the mail. I just keep the landing gear down in the meantime. I take it out to the front yard and fire her up and everything sounds smooth as far as the motors go. Being extremely paranoid, I only lift it up about 10 ft. Everything looks good, except there seems to be quite a bit of drift. More then before at least. Mainly up and down. The 1st flight it was drifting up about 4 ft. 2nd flight it was slowly going down.
What can I look at to solve this? I recalibrated it beforehand too.

When you first turn it on do you let the H sit for a bit (12 minutes) to build the GPS Almanac and acclimate to the outside temperature? Also look at your altimeter on the ST16 and see if it's fairly stable or drifting slowly up. Also is the altimeter reading close to the starting height of the H? On mine, if it isn't or drifting, I wait for it to acclimate then reboot it and wait some more. Also take it up a bit more to you are out of range of the sonar, say 20' and see if the altitude continues to drift. Keep a close eye on the altimeter of the ST16 to see if the drift seems to match the altitude. Mine tends to drift more if the ground I'm flying over isn't flat. There will be some drift but it seems worse when closer to the ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece