Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight after stroke

Excellent. I'm saddened to hear about your stroke. Been down the same road. I hope your recovery continues well. It certainly hasn't affected your ability to fly and edit.
Excellent. I'm saddened to hear about your stroke. Been down the same road. I hope your recovery continues well. It certainly hasn't affected your ability to fly and edit. :D:D
It came out of the blue. 21st May. I'd only been flying the day before. This flight was exactly two calendar months after the stroke. To get to the stage where I can fly now is no mean feat when you consider that two months ago I couldn't walk.

Like I said above, this video isn't the best I've ever made. It was very exhausting standing there and to a large extent the editing made poor source footage reasonably exceptable.

Agreed. Excellent video.
But obviously a camera calibration issue. Makes it look like everybody's driving on the wrong side of the road.
It must be strange for you Americans to see motorists driving on the correct side of the road for a change ;)

It came out of the blue. 21st May. I'd only been flying the day before. This flight was exactly two calendar months after the stroke. To get to the stage where I can fly now is no mean feat when you consider that two months ago I couldn't walk.

Like I said above, this video isn't the best I've ever made. It was very exhausting standing there and to a large extent the editing made poor source footage reasonably exceptable.

Good to see that you are up and about and getting back to normal. In life we will all find ourselves at some point struggling with health problems,its a fact of life. We need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and find our new normal.
Regards.
Mike

Wow flush,look at you go. Very proud of you ,not just putting in all that work to get back on your feet but to be able to do the thing you love!!Fly brother flyyour sails will be full of wind again.God Bless You. Keith C.

It must be strange for you Americans to see motorists driving on the correct side of the road for a change ;)
Hi Flush vision,
Sorry about the stroke, I had a heart attack on the 2nd of July and had two stents put in and was luck that I did not suffer a stroke. My congratulations to you and it looks like you have not list any of your ability with the H and video's. My thoughts with you . Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Many thanks to all of you for your lovely comments. Appreciated.

The weather isn't that good at the moment in the North West of merry old England but I'll be out flying again hopefully some time next week...maybe Tuesday with any luck :)

Reactions: 7cyclops
So glad to hear you are on the road to a good recovery. Keep the videos coming. I always enjoy them.

I missed Johnno’s post. Hope the stents did the trick and have you on the mend also. We want both of you on the green side!

Hi DoomMeister,
Yes the stents did the job, such a shock. One minute planning next two days work, then feeling a bit off then pain in my jaw and going down my neck to the connection of chest and neck. My partner called the ambulance and lights and sirens on the table and one stent in then the second next afternoon. I am very lucky that there was no stroke attached like FlushVision, but no truer words than
FLYING ON THE GREENSIDE OF THE GRASS . Back at work and paying my taxes and bills and could not be happier. Thank you for your thoughts. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi DoomMeister,
Yes the stents did the job, such a shock. One minute planning next two days work, then feeling a bit off then pain in my jaw and going down my neck to the connection of chest and neck. My partner called the ambulance and lights and sirens on the table and one stent in then the second next afternoon. I am very lucky that there was no stroke attached like FlushVision, but no truer words than
FLYING ON THE GREENSIDE OF THE GRASS . Back at work and paying my taxes and bills and could not be happier. Thank you for your thoughts. Johnno Hennessy.
John. Ya I thought it was a little quiet around here lately. Glad you got it all taken care of. Praise to all the good doctors in this world.Nice to have you back and getting well. Keith C.

Hi DoomMeister,
I had a heart attack way back in 1997 at the ripe old age of 41. This after over 6 months of suffering unstable angina. Indeed, I had my heart attack while I was waiting for a preventative Angioplasty procedure so when I did eventually have my preventative procedure it was already too late.

However, I bounced back from my heart attack fairly quickly managing to get back working at the office within about 3 months (coulda been less...memory vague now). But don't do what I did: carry on smoking. If you smoke, stop. I finally gave up smoking a few weeks ago...I shoulda done it 23 years ago, if I had there is a good chance that I wouldn't have had my stroke.

I had a heart attack way back in 1997 at the ripe old age of 41. This after over 6 months of suffering unstable angina. Indeed, I had my heart attack while I was waiting for a preventative Angioplasty procedure so when I did eventually have my preventative procedure it was already too late.

However, I bounced back from my heart attack fairly quickly managing to get back working at the office within about 3 months (coulda been less...memory vague now). But don't do what I did: carry on smoking. If you smoke, stop. I finally gave up smoking a few weeks ago...I shoulda done it 23 years ago, if I had there is a good chance that I wouldn't have had my stroke.
FlushVision,
Thank heavens I gave up smoking when I was 27. I am glad that you are back at it , I very much watching your videos, I hope some day to be as able as you. All the best and a long time flying. Johnno Hennessy.

When I use to drink, that was my preferred side of the road to drive on? I guess were all in the stroke club (been there as well) Hoping you continue on the road to a full recovery, and stay well.

FlushVision,
Thank heavens I gave up smoking when I was 27. I am glad that you are back at it , I very much watching your videos, I hope some day to be as able as you. All the best and a long time flying. Johnno Hennessy.
I think my videos are just average at best. I always think I could do better. It really heartens me when I get positive remarks like what you've said.

I hope to be able to get out with the flying brick later in the week. The weather forecast for Northern England looks promising in the second part of the week with temperatures rising to at least the seasonal average. I was hoping to get out on Tuesday but the forecast for Tuesday doesn't look to great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeedentclinic