Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First flight with my H

Reaction score
After much YouTube and forum reading I ventured out last weekend with a friend who also has an H (Brent here on the forum) for my first flight. Having already installed the latest FW, UAV toolbox (Tuna you have mail), calibrated the gimbal, the IMU, I did my compass on site and took some deep breaths. I let it sit for a second and then put the stick up. I also have the Q5004K and the take off was just as expected. Flying slowly at first, hands shaking on the remote, I did some turns and runs. This thing is the absolute best flying machine I've ever handled (including Inspire 1). I'm glad I took the time to really read up on things here first too because I believe most of the oopsies that occur are avoidable. After burning one batt to 16:15 Brent and myself took both birds up at the same time and filmed each other from the air. Didn't get a chance to try team with two ST16's yet, but that's next.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 22
Awesome. It's always great to hear good news for a change. I know I love my H Pro. What a remarkable machine. Having flown planes and helis I know full well about the shaking hands on the remote while sweating profusely and occasionally having a case of dumb thumbs. This thing is a Cadillac by comparison. For someone whose flown RC, this thing is deceptively easy which I think is part of what gets me in trouble. My only nit about these drones is that it's almost too easy and dulls the senses and reaction times. I've actually gone back to flying my helis to stay sharp. BTW - I know this isn't the place but I thought I'd share because IMHO its really cool. This is an electric conversion of an old Nitro Hirobo Shuttle Heli. What makes this cool is it still uses the original clutch so when the electric motor kicks in it sounds just like a turbine spooling up. :D

Awesome. It's always great to hear good news for a change. I know I love my H Pro. What a remarkable machine. Having flown planes and helis I know full well about the shaking hands on the remote while sweating profusely and occasionally having a case of dumb thumbs. This thing is a Cadillac by comparison. For someone whose flown RC, this thing is deceptively easy which I think is part of what gets me in trouble. My only nit about these drones is that it's almost too easy and dulls the senses and reaction times. I've actually gone back to flying my helis to stay sharp. BTW - I know this isn't the place but I thought I'd share because IMHO its really cool. This is an electric conversion of an old Nitro Hirobo Shuttle Heli. What makes this cool is it still uses the original clutch so when the electric motor kicks in it sounds just like a turbine spooling up. :D

That's way too much "manual mode" for me haha. 4 years ago I told my buddy that I wanted to find something to get a GoPro in the air. He said he could show me something that I might like, a scratch built Sm450 Hong Kong special quadcopter with a KK2 board. I reverse engineered the thing and rebuilt it many times before adding Naza Lite to it. Hooked I bought a new DJI F450 and awhile after a 550 hex. Both with so much in add ons like flytrex, 600mw video transmitters and other farkle all zip tied or velcro'd on. Sold it all and got the Q, and now this. It's friggin amazing how they can pack this much into it and condense what once took gear from many suppliers to achieve.

Reactions: Tuna and Steve Carr
That sounds cool! A friend had one about that size 34 years ago and i thought his remote was sophisticated back then. Our on our typhoon 's are way advanced and makes them easier to fly. Good luck on future flights and welcome.

Reactions: Niblett
That's great :)... you have an experienced H pilot as a hands on mentor. Your learning curve will be considerable shorter than many of us.

Reactions: Niblett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop