Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well I got my H in about a week ago and have spent a bit of time on the sim. Took it out today and everything was great flew down to the creek and got some great shots then was coming back home, had plenty of battery then about 50 yards from the house watching it come back it just dropped out of the sky from about 50 feet to the street. Broke one leg and 2 arms, all the props and shattered camera. Unit still powers up and beeps and all the lights are working. Not sure if I'll try and fix it or sell and go with DJI. I also have realsense mod on the way, EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Dual Battery Charger, Polar Pro Filter Set ,2 complete sets of props and guards, YUNTYSKL Typhoon SkyView L Camcorder Viewfinder Headset for it and aftermarket antenna. If anyone's interested make me an offer for all.

Well I got my H in about a week ago and have spent a bit of time on the sim. Took it out today and everything was great flew down to the creek and got some great shots then was coming back home, had plenty of battery then about 50 yards from the house watching it come back it just dropped out of the sky from about 50 feet to the street. Broke one leg and 2 arms, all the props and shattered camera. Unit still powers up and beeps and all the lights are working. Not sure if I'll try and fix it or sell and go with DJI. I also have realsense mod on the way, EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Dual Battery Charger, Polar Pro Filter Set ,2 complete sets of props and guards, YUNTYSKL Typhoon SkyView L Camcorder Viewfinder Headset for it and aftermarket antenna. If anyone's interested make me an offer for all.
Based on your comments, I presume you have determined the cause of the problem was not a mechanical failure that would be covered under warranty?

Reactions: bburnsnjt
Based on your comments, I presume you have determined the cause of the problem was not a mechanical failure that would be covered under warranty?
Nope it was used. It was close enough I could hear the motors running. I was just cruising along and then they just stopped. About half way down I heard them turn up again for a second then stopped again. When I reviewed the video it didn't show the crash it just shopped, it flying along then the video just stopped recording didn't show anything. I will replace it and use this one I guess for parts or maybe fix down the road. It still powers up.
So if anyone has a good deal on a used one let me know.

Nope it was used. It was close enough I could hear the motors running. I was just cruising along and then they just stopped. About half way down I heard them turn up again for a second then stopped again. When I reviewed the video it didn't show the crash it just shopped, it flying along then the video just stopped recording didn't show anything. I will replace it and use this one I guess for parts or maybe fix down the road. It still powers up.
So if anyone has a good deal on a used one let me know.
Ah...okay. That's usually an indication the battery wasn't quite all the way latched. It's easy to miss. I would know since I've managed to do it twice.

Ah...okay. That's usually an indication the battery wasn't quite all the way latched. It's easy to miss. I would know since I've managed to do it twice.
Kind of what I figure it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Costly lesson but have decided not to go DJI and have ordered another one should be in next week.

Reactions: Steve Carr
When you do your preflight checks try to avoid distractions. If someone is talking to me a mistake is a sure thing. I'm a mono-tasker and have to start over if I get interrupted.

When you do your preflight checks try to avoid distractions. If someone is talking to me a mistake is a sure thing. I'm a mono-tasker and have to start over if I get interrupted.
Yea I also remember reading maybe hear that this was an issue with the H and to always double check the battery to insure it's locked in good. I think I'll also add a Velcro strap across the back too.

I was just donated a crashed H with 3 arms broke off, 1 motor torn off, a crack in the top & a couple broken props. I’m in the Repair $320 plus I still have a camera issue. Fix it.

That's what happened to mine!was your Wi-Fi connection solid.mone wasnt.it was from a cheap smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval