Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight.

Reaction score
Hi All,
Well got my first flight under my belt on Thursday and I must say how steady the Q500+ fly's, was really pleased with it. But do have one question as I powered the motors up and let then kick in I looked at my battery level it was showing 11.5volt,but when I took off and started flying away from me noticed it drop very quickly to 9 volt, but as I brought it back towards me it went back up to 10.5volt is this normal.
But other than that got some great video footage of an old castle by me..

it all according to how much power ( voltage ) is being used to hold position and when you fly into the wind some times you can see your Q dip and hear the blades change pitch ( fighting to maintain the GPS concordance you set by moving to a new area in flight ) if your Q can hover in one position hold steady with no real drain on the battery it's ok . just remember every thing you do when flying will draw voltage ( camera , LED lights and flying around ) and when you let off the stick's the draw is less and the battery will recover some voltage . if you get close to 20 minutes on your battery everything is OK.
i hope I've explained this so you can understand what is going on .
fly safe , have fun

it all according to how much power ( voltage ) is being used to hold position and when you fly into the wind some times you can see your Q dip and hear the blades change pitch ( fighting to maintain the GPS concordance you set by moving to a new area in flight ) if your Q can hover in one position hold steady with no real drain on the battery it's ok . just remember every thing you do when flying will draw voltage ( camera , LED lights and flying around ) and when you let off the stick's the draw is less and the battery will recover some voltage . if you get close to 20 minutes on your battery everything is OK.
i hope I've explained this so you can understand what is going on .
fly safe , have fun
Hi thanks for that feed back, I do understand every movement of the controls, LED lights and camera draw voltage, just couldn't understand when close it was showing higher voltage than when it was further away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz