Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flawless 0 problem firmware VERSION is now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is the problem... Latest V03.01 has many Flavors B18, B23,B25 and B27, this is what is very confusing to most of us.

When I bought my H pro in December 2016 it came with B25, then As many other I upgraded to B27, then I noticed A yaw problem on the ST16 left stick not zeroing in... have returned it to Yuneec for fixing the problem and to my surprise, received a Brand New St-16 as of Feb 19, 2017, but with the B23 on it... BTW the New TX is perfect on the sticks!

"Captain Drone" had a Fly Away issue on that particular B23 version.

PS: BTW I did not fly the H as of YET.

Now I Feel that I need to upgrade From B23...

What is the Best upgrade in YOUR FLYING EXPERIENCE between B25 and B27?

My concern is only about these Issues... not having a flyaway, Falling from the sky, flying into a tree accidentally because of firmware problem.

When commenting please refer To B25 and B27 in your text and not "Latest Version" cause for many in their mind the latest Version is B18. Also give us an idea of the numbers of experienced flights you had!

THX to all of you, this is a Fantastic Forum!

You should always use the latest firmware available after it has proven to be reliable. That is the case with the October release.

Reactions: danyko30
If you fly your Typhoon H commercially you should use the most recent manufacturers updates. If an incident occurs while flying the FAA will ask to examine your scheduled and unscheduled maintenance logs. Part of what they consider as proper maintenance is to have the most recent manufacturers software installed.

You should always use the latest firmware available after it has proven to be reliable. That is the case with the October release.
Please enlightened me what versions is the October release?
is it B25? And what is your experience with it?

If you fly your Typhoon H commercially you should use the most recent manufacturers updates. If an incident occurs while flying the FAA will ask to examine your scheduled and unscheduled maintenance logs. Part of what they consider as proper maintenance is to have the most recent manufacturers software installed.
I do not fly commercially... I just want to make shure I have the most reliable firmware... So please tell me what you are saying in layman's words? I just don't want to crash my H on somebody's head...

Please enlightened me what versions is the October release?
is it B25? And what is your experience with it?

The H is:
VERSION Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.30, Camera:v3.2.26

The ST16 is:
VERSION v03.01.b27

I recently installed the update and have flown 4 batteries with no problems. I have one of the original H releases. I have not seen any particular problem with this firmware although there have been some owners who have developed problems with GPS or compass on the early releases like mine. Those appear to be hardware problems and not firmware bugs.

Reactions: danyko30
The H is:

The ST16 is:
VERSION v03.01.b27

I recently installed the update and have flown 4 batteries with no problems. I have one of the original H releases. I have not seen any particular problem with this firmware although there have been some owners who have developed problems with GPS or compass on the early releases like mine. Those appear to be hardware problems and not firmware bugs.
THX for your reply...very appreciated.

The H is:

The ST16 is:
VERSION v03.01.b27

Does autopilot v1.30 contain the 400' height restriction? I'm under the impression it does and not possible to change with the GUI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does autopilot v1.30 contain the 400' height restriction? I'm under the impression it does and not possible to change with the GUI.

Yes it does. That's why I am considering the stepback to 1.29. However, Yuneec has cautioned against that. They say this will be fixed with the next firmware update. If you need to set the altitude higher than 400' because of the terrain in your area then stay with the firmware you are using if it's flying well.

Yes, but if you have reason to believe that the latest firmware has issues, and your current firmware has been flawless then I should think it sensible to risk assess not to update pending further information.

Yes, but if you have reason to believe that the latest firmware has issues, and your current firmware has been flawless then I should think it sensible to risk assess not to update pending further information.
My CAA approved operations manual actually pretty much states that in it's firmware management section. If the U.Ks CAA are happy about that, then I would hazard that the FAA would be happy too.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Yes it does. That's why I am considering the stepback to 1.29. However, Yuneec has cautioned against that. They say this will be fixed with the next firmware update. If you need to set the altitude higher than 400' because of the terrain in your area then stay with the firmware you are using if it's flying well.

I rolled back to 1.29 and it left the cruise trim kind of useless but I don't care as I know how to cruise with the sticks. That's the only bug I can find.

I rolled back to 1.29 and it left the cruise trim kind of useless but I don't care as I know how to cruise with the sticks. That's the only bug I can find.

Good to know. The last time I flew it seemed like I was well over 400' when I flew up over a hill. I must have been 150' AGL over a 400' hill. I didn't watch the telemetry. I was watching the camera for trees. I need to check the telem file and see what it says because that would be contrary to the GUI limit. I use the sticks as well and have not tried the trim.

I prefer about 300' for my cloud and mountain shots and don't pay too much attention to the screen as I'm an old school VLOS pilot first and a parameter fiddler second. It's nice to have the room to pop up higher without worrying about the limit for a bit when chasing a hawk or buzzard for a cool shot.

Here is the problem... Latest V03.01 has many Flavors B18, B23,B25 and B27, this is what is very confusing to most of us.

When I bought my H pro in December 2016 it came with B25, then As many other I upgraded to B27, then I noticed A yaw problem on the ST16 left stick not zeroing in... have returned it to Yuneec for fixing the problem and to my surprise, received a Brand New St-16 as of Feb 19, 2017, but with the B23 on it... BTW the New TX is perfect on the sticks!

"Captain Drone" had a Fly Away issue on that particular B23 version.

PS: BTW I did not fly the H as of YET.

Now I Feel that I need to upgrade From B23...

What is the Best upgrade in YOUR FLYING EXPERIENCE between B25 and B27?

My concern is only about these Issues... not having a flyaway, Falling from the sky, flying into a tree accidentally because of firmware problem.

When commenting please refer To B25 and B27 in your text and not "Latest Version" cause for many in their mind the latest Version is B18. Also give us an idea of the numbers of experienced flights you had!

THX to all of you, this is a Fantastic Forum!
I installed "B30" in mine yesterday it a brand new transmitter as well. You will have to install b27 from a card then you can do b30 over the air. Don't know if is new transmitter or software but satellite acquisition is slower. But my H Flys spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval