Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flew the H+ for the second time.

Reaction score
So I finally got to fly the H+ again. The first time I used two batteries and called it quits due to cold. Today it was almost 60 when I Got home. I got ready and walked down the street to an empty lot 2 doors down. This thing is insane. I took a few stills and a couple videos. Used two Batteries and got a little video. I figured some more things out today on flying it. The first time I couldn't get the RTL to work so I actually landed it on a piece of plywood both flights.After some more reading of the manul today it worked and I think I'd rather land it myself. It's very easy to control. Love it so far. Somehow the OBS was on and it wouldn't let me land where I was standing. I can say it works. I had to turn it around sooner to get it to the landing spot. I flew two batteries to around 30%.

I can't get the video to launch. It doesn't come up when I try to upload. It's there if I go to my documents and photos but not when I try to attach files. I will try it later.

Are you referring to the videos/photos on the SD card in the camera or the video feed that is stored on the ST-16S?

Make sure you use a Class 10 (U3) rated SD card in the camera to record stutter free 4K video.

Reactions: LinsonW
@Jal7884
Make sure you stop the video before you turn off the H and ST16. If you didn't do this ,turn on the ST16 and H, start video for a couple seconds and the turn off video then the H and then the ST16.
Your video will be in 5 minute sequences.
Take your SD card, plug into your laptop or desk top.

Reactions: Jal7884
Are you referring to the videos/photos on the SD card in the camera or the video feed that is stored on the ST-16S?

Make sure you use a Class 10 (U3) rated SD card in the camera to record stutter free 4K video.
It's something to do with how the Video was uploaded to my Laptop. I have Lightroom and they loaded into my Documents from there. When I try to upload from my file only the photos show and not the Videos. I need to move them to a different file I hope.

@Jal7884
Make sure you stop the video before you turn off the H and ST16. If you didn't do this ,turn on the ST16 and H, start video for a couple seconds and the turn off video then the H and then the ST16.
Your video will be in 5 minute sequences.
Take your SD card, plug into your laptop or desk top.

I am looking for exact confirmation this trick works for the H Plus.

It DOES NOT for the H520, hence why I am interested in the confirmation of someone trying it, rather than the possible assumption based on the H480 behavior.

Btw, the latter does not always work for the H480. Lost a nice “cruise” this past week, even though I followed the procedure described by @AH-1G.

Jeff

Last edited:
Ok so I figured out why I couldn't find the Video. A stupid setting on my Laptop. Now the video is too large. 1.27GB.

May we ask what type of laptop you have, rather the opt sys, along with the app(s) you are trying to use to play your videos?

We may be able to help, considering so many are able to play unadulterated video from our machines.

Jeff

May we ask what type of laptop you have, rather the opt sys, along with the app(s) you are trying to use to play your videos?

We may be able to help, considering so many are able to play unadulterated video from our machines.

Jeff
Jeff
I think it's a matter of not doing much with video in the past. I do more photo posting so the whole video thing is new to me.
My Laptop is a dell. i7 processor, 8gb ram running windows 8.1. It's Nvidia Gforce GT750M. I think that's what controls the graphics.
I tried to upload the Video right from my Video file. Pretty sure that was my problem.

Jeff
I think it's a matter of not doing much with video in the past. I do more photo posting so the whole video thing is new to me.
My Laptop is a dell. i7 processor, 8gb ram running windows 8.1. It's Nvidia Gforce GT750M. I think that's what controls the graphics.
I tried to upload the Video right from my Video file. Pretty sure that was my problem.
Use HandBrake to bring down to 1080. Free App.

Jeff

Just checking, are you copying the file from your memory card to your laptop hard drive first?

Once there, should be able to play just by double clicking. Something in win 8.1 should be able to play hd 1080. If you are recording higher than that, try this:

Sit your drone down for a talk, meaning: no need to fly. Set the video record settings to 1920x1080 30fps. Record for a few seconds to a few minutes. Stop. Record again for say 8 minutes, giving you a clip that will split at the 5 minute mark. Stop the recording. (Always remember to stop before powering off. )

Unload the video files to your hard drive. Select each one by one. Do any play at all?

If not, keep reducing the recording resolution. Hopefully you’ll find something that works. Once you do, it likely will become clear as to where the bottleneck lies, with respect to playback capabilities.

Keep it easy. No need to fly until you figure out why your video won’t play. Well, at least for the sake of creating video anyway. I trust you get what I’m getting at.

By the way, do YouTube videos play flawlessly? Can you get HD quality to play?

Good luck.

Jeff

Just checking, are you copying the file from your memory card to your laptop hard drive first?

Once there, should be able to play just by double clicking. Something in win 8.1 should be able to play hd 1080. If you are recording higher than that, try this:

Sit your drone down for a talk, meaning: no need to fly. Set the video record settings to 1920x1080 30fps. Record for a few seconds to a few minutes. Stop. Record again for say 8 minutes, giving you a clip that will split at the 5 minute mark. Stop the recording. (Always remember to stop before powering off. )

Unload the video files to your hard drive. Select each one by one. Do any play at all?

If not, keep reducing the recording resolution. Hopefully you’ll find something that works. Once you do, it likely will become clear as to where the bottleneck lies, with respect to playback capabilities.

Keep it easy. No need to fly until you figure out why your video won’t play. Well, at least for the sake of creating video anyway. I trust you get what I’m getting at.

By the way, do YouTube videos play flawlessly? Can you get HD quality to play?

Good luck.

Jeff
Jeff
They play fine on the computer. I am having trouble uploading them to the forum.

Jeff

Jeff
They play fine on the computer. I am having trouble uploading them to the forum.

Jeff

Cripes!

Here I thought you were experiencing an issue playing video on your laptop, not a problem with uploading video to the forum. Seems others had the same impression so I don’t feel like a complete idiot! Well, maybe one with some company.

@AH-1G has the ball...

@Jal7884
Once you have it loaded on You Tube give it about 30+ minutes before you post it, or it will look crappy. All the data is being compiled to upload. You Tube will even compress it more.

I'll try the Youtube upload. I was gonna fly today but I had some things to do and when I got home the batteries(2) were charged and it started raining. So much for this weekend. It's gonna blow to 50 mph after the rain tomorrow. I know better.

Thanks to all of you for the info and the help. I'll figure this out. It's a lot more complicated than just posting pictures.

Jeff

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece