Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Characteristics of the H

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 480H (yay me!) and am curious how it handles compared to the Q500 I am now flying.

While I have been flying quads (including self built 450 class) for a few years I have NEVER so much as touched a hexacopter.

The big question I have is what differences (if any) should I be aware of flying with 6 spinning steak knives instead of 4?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that I won't be surprised by vastly different handling. Also good to know that I should be aware of (potentially) getting into trouble quicker with it.

I just finished watching your 1st video (ST16 Rate Curves )on the Typhoon H. I have subscribed to your channel and look forward to digesting all the info you put up on Youtube regarding the H!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
It is rather impressive compared to the Q500 and really stands out from the frankenstein quadcopters I have built over the years. :eek:

Just installed the UAV toolbox. Wow! I pulled the trigger on buying it just a few minutes after browsing through what it can do on the ST16.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
It is rather impressive compared to the Q500 and really stands out from the frankenstein quadcopters I have built over the years. :eek:

Just installed the UAV toolbox. Wow! I pulled the trigger on buying it just a few minutes after browsing through what it can do on the ST16.

I do not have the tool box.
What is it you like best ?
I may have to check it out.
Keith Kuhn

The ability to review your flight telemetry and review/edit the Cable Cam Missions was the hook for me.

The author does allow a 14 day trial before needing to pay a modest price to continue using the program.

Does anyone know the web site for tunas uav toolbox ? Sorry I forgot it looked yesterday to no avail

No I prefer the look of the Q that was why I bought it in the 1st place due to it looking like a space ship unlike when I upgraded to the H and only for it's 360 camera rotation but very happy with my H aswell tho

I love my H too.
The Q is also a cool looking Drone.
Keith Kuhn

I recently picked up a 480H (yay me!) and am curious how it handles compared to the Q500 I am now flying.

While I have been flying quads (including self built 450 class) for a few years I have NEVER so much as touched a hexacopter.

The big question I have is what differences (if any) should I be aware of flying with 6 spinning steak knives instead of 4?
When you lose a steak knife like I did recently you don't lose the steak. You still have control in 5 motor mode and can get home safe to replace the steak knife rather than crash and burn. Any landing you can walk away from.

Reactions: Riktar
Full agreement! I watched an absolutely hysterically funny video on Youtube by Bo Lorentzen where he shoves a pole into one of the props on a hovering Typhoon H and while the H didn't exactly fly like nothing ever happened it was very obvious that it could still be controlled to the point of making a safe landing.

Watch this!

Video demonstration taking out a prop on a Typhoon H

Full agreement! I watched an absolutely hysterically funny video on Youtube by Bo Lorentzen where he shoves a pole into one of the props on a hovering Typhoon H and while the H didn't exactly fly like nothing ever happened it was very obvious that it could still be controlled to the point of making a safe landing.

Watch this!

Video demonstration taking out a prop on a Typhoon H
Real proof that it works!

Did I hear the transmitter "talking" in the video?

I would give anything to have it programmed to say "ouch" when it suffered a motor failure due to direct trauma to the prop.... ?

Did I hear the transmitter "talking" in the video?

I would give anything to have it programmed to say "ouch" when it suffered a motor failure due to direct trauma to the prop.... ?
No that was your wallet, panicking!

It is more stable and easier to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts