Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight(?) Log

Reaction score
Seasonal Greetings and all that stuff for everyone and you guys in the US, when you finally catch up!!!:p

Can the experts on the board please peruse this log file and tell me what you see and if possible explain what was happening
I've changed the csv to txt but it all looks a jumbled mess to me.
If I need to do anything else please advise.
3 files added
Kind regards
Pete

Attachments

• Remote_00027.txt
    53.4 KB · Views: 19
  • RemoteGPS_00027.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Telemetry_00027.txt
    166.8 KB · Views: 13
Seasonal Greetings and all that stuff for everyone and you guys in the US, when you finally catch up!!!:p
Can the experts on the board please peruse this log file and tell me what you see and if possible explain what was happening
I've changed the csv to txt but it all looks a jumbled mess to me.
If I need to do anything else please advise. Pete
It looks like you picked the wrong file. That log shows the motors were never started.
Or.....are we looking for something that is not flight related?

Hi Steve,
I'm getting somewhat confused at this point.
A couple of different numbered files have the same date/time stamp so I'm not sure.

What in the file tells you that the motors are running or that there is "flight"??
That might help me locate the correct file.
I remember I did a short lift off and she dipped to the left so I shut down after a few seconds
Then I did another lift off a few minutes later when the crazy stuff happened.
Not sure of the time frame of that one but it was short.
I recall that later in the day I opened her up again to make sure all was connected and properly replaced.
I may have installed a battery and turned her on a few times then.

Anyway, if you can tell me which column(s) I need to be looking at which indicate flight.
many thanks
Pete

OK, I downloaded the uavtoolbox to the st16 and loaded a few files from that day
I think this is the file of the "incident" What think you???
Pete
Is there an article/file I can access to better understand these log files??

Attachments

• Telemetry_00025.csv.txt
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • RemoteGPS_00025.txt
    47.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Remote_00025.txt
    450.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I recall that later in the day I opened her up again to make sure all was connected and properly replaced.
I may have installed a battery and turned her on a few times then.
Whenever the the H and the ST16 are turned on and bound the telemetry files are created even if there is no flight. The highest number is always the most recent file.
I'm looking at the files now.

About 3 seconds after you switched to Home mode, the H went into a steep pitch until it hit the ground. The pitch was radical reaching 63 deg. However, I also note the altitude was very low prior to switching to Home. I'm curious what the reason is. The flight seemed normal up to that point.

Uncertain I'm afraid.
I may have switched to rth when it went into high speed vertical and hit the ceiling, or it may have been accidental before that. At no time was it more than 8ft up.
I was endeavoring to see if all was ok after swapping out the upper and lower shells, so I turned on, thought I got GPS, attempted to lift to a low hover as I was under the ceiling of the patio.Then all **** broke loose.
Failing any sort of obvious problems in the telemetry I will assume I stuffed up.
As I understand it when rth is activated it will climb to a preset height (whatever that is) and then return to st16 location. If I accidentaly tripped the return to home that would have caused the full throttle vertical which caused it to hit the ceiling and go crazy.
I also may have overcompensated fearing it was going to hit the ceiling, which it did anyway.
The new blades are supposed to arrive Thursday, but temps will be over 40c for the forseeable future.
I will recalibrate all then and attempt lift off. I may run down a battery and use that just in case there is still a problem.
In hindsight I should have waited til I was ready to take another flight, recalibrated all in open space and then lifted off.
Thank you very much for your assistance
Regards
Pete

The steep pitch was after losing motor 3. I guss it already was down. There is significant increase of speed.
There are some Compass calibration Warnings, but I do not think that there is a problem.
GPS was not the best, copter and ST16 both. Going to Smart Mode wound not be a good idea but Angle Mode is OK. Good so far.

I have checked only the last 'flight' from 10:42:08 to 10:42:51 (44 sec). It was not higher than a lawnmower :)
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png
I guess the problem starts when you accidently hit the start/stop button (B1). It was not long enough to cut motor but long enough to bring it down.
Switch to RTH was too late to do anything (~ 300ms before motor 3 is off).

Note:
The throttle stick is not centered (+3%).
The pitch stick is not centered (+2%).
Please check HW monitor and possibly do a stick calibration at ST16.

Regarding Start/Stop button please check channel settings. J1 has to be mixed only with B1 nothing else.

br HE

so I turned on, thought I got GPS, attempted to lift to a low hover as I was under the ceiling of the patio.
Ah, that might explain the problem. Fly only in an open area and only after you get 15 satellites on the display. Never fly under a canopy.

In preparation for my next flight attempt which I'm guessing will be at least a week away given the high temps here in Oz at the moment, can anyone tell me how much time would I get from a standard yuneec battery at storage level?
Would it give me hover time and some lazy maneuvering close in?...or would I need to pump a little more juice into the battery?
I don't want the bird to disappear on a full charge
If she is operating correctly, and given that she is close by, will she land automatically after the second alarm?
Recommendations please!!!
Cheers
Pete

At 15.2 v there is very little flight time in the battery. As soon as you start the motors and lift off the voltage will drop well below 15 v. Don't count on the auto land on low voltage. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. For a short test flight I would charge to 16 v. If you are really concerned about a flyaway, then tether the H to some bailing twine or fishing line. Also, remove the camera when doing test flights. No sense in risking damage to the camera.

Thanks for the recommendations Steve.
Will follow a very tight checklist (and double checking) and report back on first flight in a week or 2 whenever I can get myself out early enough before the temps skyrocket.
Thanks again
Cheers
Pete

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you never installed a card in ST16 how many files can it store? Will you get a warning that you need to delete, or does it delete oldest ones first automatically?

If you never installed a card in ST16 how many files can it store? Will you get a warning that you need to delete, or does it delete oldest ones first automatically?
On the ST16, files are not stored to the sd card automatically. Only files that are manually copied to the card will remain there.

On the ST16, files are not stored to the sd card automatically. Only files that are manually copied to the card will remain there.
Right so it will fill up eventually, but will it warn you or just delete oldest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace