Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight settings to reduce responsiveness of controller

This post was edited after finding a mistake in my information. I originally stated a value of 0.0 in the EXP for a 1:1 input to output ratio. That value should have been 0.50 and is shown in red in the post now.

There are two different settings for Yaw in the Settings/Aircraft/Flight Control Settings of the YuneecPilot app.
The first is the EXP (exponential) setting for the Yaw. It controls the sensitivity1 of the stick as you move it left/right. An EXP of 0.50 gives a 1:1 stick input to control output. Try setting the Yaw EXP to 0.75 to 0.85 when trying to make smooth yaw movements for cinematic flying.
There is also the Rate control for Yaw and it is adjustable from 10 deg/sec to 200 deg/sec. Set it to lower values when taking video and higher values if flying for fun in sport mode.

Last edited:
There are two different settings for Yaw in the Settings/Aircraft/Flight Control Settings of the YuneecPilot app.
The first is the EXP (exponential) setting for the Yaw. It controls the sensitivity1 of the stick as you move it left/right. An EXP of 0 or blank gives a 1:1 stick input to control output. Try setting the Yaw EXP to 0.75 to 0.85 when trying to make smooth yaw movements for cinematic flying.
There is also the Rate control for Yaw and it is adjustable from 10 deg/sec to 200 deg/sec. Set it to lower values when taking video and higher values if flying for fun in sport mode.

Thank you

What about the sensitivity settings

Thank you

What about the sensitivity settings
The Yaw rate is one of the sensitivity settings. The other two are attitude and braking, and like yaw rate the lower the setting the smoother but less responsive those controls are. So lower settings for cinematic flying and higher settings for flying in sport mode where reactions are more abrupt and responsive.

After my earlier post in this thread about the EXP (exponential) settings for the sticks, I thought it would be fitting to explain what this does for stick response for those not familiar with this topic.

The exponential settings determine the responsiveness of the sticks near the neutral center position out to their outer limit. I placed values into each EXP setting in the YuneecPilot app so I could show what each type of setting looks like in one screen capture (you likely never set your controller up like this).

976D9404-35C5-4783-913B-8BC8A594D2E8.jpeg

For EXP values less than 0.50 responsiveness is great near neutral position and less so near the outer limits. These settings are for seasoned pilots that have very steady hands and need fast response with very little stick movement.

At 0.50 the stick has a 1:1 input to output ratio and the response is the same from the middle to the extents. This is basically the default mode for the controller.

Lastly are EXP values greater than 0.50. These settings make the sticks less responsive near the neutral position and more responsive as you near the limits of travel. These values help the pilot make movements in a very smooth and precise manner allowing capture of video without the sickening jerkiness and panning shots that move too fast.

THanks very much this
After my earlier post in this thread about the EXP (exponential) settings for the sticks, I thought it would be fitting to explain what this does for stick response for those not familiar with this topic.

The exponential settings determine the responsiveness of the sticks near the neutral center position out to their outer limit. I placed values into each EXP setting in the YuneecPilot app so I could show what each type of setting looks like in one screen capture (you likely never set your controller up like this).

View attachment 19315

For EXP values less than 0.50 responsiveness is great near neutral position and less so near the outer limits. These settings are for seasoned pilots that have very steady hands and need fast response with very little stick movement.

At 0.50 the stick has a 1:1 input to output ratio and the response is the same from the middle to the extents. This is basically the default mode for the controller.

Lastly are EXP values greater than 0.50. These settings make the sticks less responsive near the neutral position and more responsive as you near the limits of travel. These values help the pilot make movements in a very smooth and precise manner allowing capture of video without the sickening jerkiness and panning shots that move too fast.
was very helpful thanks so much

Last edited:
A new member had bought a Mantis G and could not find the Yuneec Pilot app on the Play Store this past week. While investigating, I found the app was indeed off of Play Store for at least 24 hours. When it was restored I updated the Yuneec Pilot app on my Amazon Fire 7 tablet. To my surprise I found that the Android version of Yuneec Pilot lacks the sensitivity settings I explained in my previous posts here.

If you have both iOS and Android devices capable of using the Yuneec Pilot app with the Mantis series of aircraft, please compare the features and report the differences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval