Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight time?

Reaction score
Hi, going to,,,, thinking of getting an "H Plus",,,,
In most of the reviews the average flight time with the stock battery is 15min.

Is there a better battery out there that will provide longer flight times?

Hi, going to,,,, thinking of getting an "H Plus",,,,
In most of the reviews the average flight time with the stock battery is 15min.

It there a better battery out there that will provide longer flight times?

It really all depends on how aggressive you fly. For instance if you fly at a moderately low speed which is ideal for capturing images and video you can expect to get up to 20 minutes + flying time. If on the other hand you take off like a bat out of **** well you would be lucky to hit 15 minutes. So steady and graceful flying works best for me.
Mike

That I understand, and no need to race this around, but for longer time to gather images, instead of flying back for a
fresh battery,
I saw a video about a PowerMax battery, but that was from a few years ago, and figuring the advancement in technology I was wondering what might have come onto the market that's proven to be better?

That I understand, and no need to race this around, but for longer time to gather images, instead of flying back for a
fresh battery,
I saw a video about a PowerMax battery, but that was from a few years ago, and figuring the advancement in technology I was wondering what might have come onto the market that's proven to be better?

I have some GiFi Power batteries a yes I do get longer flight times out of them. The GiFi Power battery I have is for the older H the 480 and is a 8050 mAh so you will need the connection from your charger to the battery I don't know if they will last as long as the Proper Yuneec batteries only time will tell.

Can these batteries be connected to like the IMax B6 V2 chargers?

My best flight time with the H520 (same battery as the H +) was 25 minutes 45 and the battery was 12% at the end.
The flight was of constant regularity.
Another flight gave me 24.52 minutes with a 15% drop in battery.
Of course, it all depends on the style of flight (and the speed and also the wind).

When I got my Plus I found that a fully charged battery in warm conditions would give about 19 minutes to the first 'Low Battery' warning. Keep in mind the Plus batteries are different than the standard Typhoon H batteries, instead of LiPo the are LiHV or Lithium High Volt, and while you can run a standard battery in a Plus, the batteries that come with the Plus must be charged with a charger that can do LiHV. Also, charge leads for the Plus batteries are non existent here in the states, so if you can't find some of those, plan on using the stock charger or a DY5 (I think it is).

As for aftermarket batteries, they are hard to come by, and even Yuneec batteries are becoming scarce, if I were to get a Plus now, I would keep this in mind. Also be advised that parts are also non existent as far as any that are not the same as the 480 such as lading gear parts and the arm folding parts as well as the main body pieces - everything else is specific only to the 520 and Plus.

And one more thing, LiHV batteries do not age well, certainly not as good as plain ole LiPo's do. After 50 cycles they will drop about three minutes and before 100 cycles you'll see flight times at about 14 minutes in good conditions. A good 480 battery will work but due to the voltage differences, when the battery warnings first hit, your at about 50% with the LiPo, then every 30 seconds you'll keep getting the warning and on the third it will initiate a RTH that you will have to cancel, but yeah, you can fly a 480 battery in a Plus. ;)

My best flight time with the H520 (same battery as the H +) was 25 minutes 45 and the battery was 12% at the end.
Of course, it all depends on the style of flight (and the speed and also the wind).
What battery? I too get 25minutes actual flight with a 7900mah in constant flight mapping situations.

And the temperature.

Thanks for the replies, are these all stock battery flight times?

I don't understand the need for replacement parts, are these prone to failure Ty?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, are these all stock battery flight times?

I don't understand the need for replacement parts, are these prone to failure Ty?
Because parts are getting sparse and difficult to obtain. Service and support from Yuneec is hit and miss, essentials are a worthwhile investment, say replacing a leg actuator yourself rather than being without the drone for weeks. And of course the vast knowledge of members can get you out of a pickle.

Reactions: Jimmie
And of course I was referring to failure due to something other than pilot error,

I can do all mechanical repairs myself, that's not an issue, I'm talking about the electrical components, camera & gimbal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone