Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Flight times?

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by Cornfield, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Cornfield

I wasn't paying attention to time. I was doing a search pattern, looking for objects in a wooded area today. I kept checking the battery indicator. When I was down to one bar, I brought it back. As it arrived the LVC warning went off. When I merged the videos together I discovered that the flight was over 16 minutes.

Am I pushing it too hard in flying till the LVC warning is on?

2. AH-1G

Was it windy aloft, Using the camera will eat up a bit more energy, and how fast where you flying?
    16 minutes is somewhat ok, When I'm flying I look at time (I carry a stop watch) and battery power.
    I fly with video on, this gives me an indication how long I've been in the air.

3. Cornfield

Any idea what voltage is when the warning comes on? I know with lipos, you never want to drop below certain levels per cell.
    Not too windy, I was going back and forth at about 9 mph

4. Agustine

It has been a while since I had to think about this but I believe 10.7v to 10.6 is when the first warring will come on ( vibration ) . there are a lot of things that will drain your batteries , don't fly to far out when your batteries are around 10.8v you mite not make it back home. The 2nd warning I think is 10.3v and the red flashing message.
    I fly by timer , 13 to 14 minutes is about all I will fly , your batteries will last longer if you don't push them ,yes I know some people fly for 18 to 20 minutes and that's great but not good for your batteries.