Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away with a totaled camera

Reaction score
I'm a new pilot to drones. I started out with the breeze and moved up to the H in a quick succession. I have a huge back yard so I've been practicing back there. I had a successful flight the other night no issues. Tonight not so much. I was 10 minutes into my flight when I tried to bring the drone back to me and it wouldn't respond at all just kept going till it went into tree branches. It ended up about 1000 feet from me. When I got to it the top part of the camera was torn off exposing the antenna. All the plastic shock things were torn out and it was basically attached to the plate by the wires only. I'm guessing its destroyed. I took the drone back and checked it over no wrecked props or anything. It reconnected to the the base unit with no problems powered up with no issues. the struts retract with no issues, however it looks like both of those were damaged as now when you retract them fully there is a piece on each side of the drone that sticks down. Anyways I feel like I want to puke. I realize theres going to be crashes when flying, but ****.
full

Attachments

• cam1.png
    cam1.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 19
Connect the ST16 to your computer using the USB charging cable. Find the FlightLog directory and the telemetry folder. Copy the telemetry file with the highest number in the name to your computer. Go to the Remote folder and do the same with the remote.000xxx.csv file with the same number as the telemetry.
Add a .txt to the end of each file name and then upload them here.

First, condolences on your crash. I know the gut wrenching feeling well.

I've seen CGO3+ wrecks that were a LOT worse. I had one crash where the CGO3+ looked quite like this. This looks like its repairable.

I'm guessing that all can be made to fly again.

I hope you can share the telemetry files with @Steve Carr - he has helped me immensely with my flyaway.

Remote folder? Is that go
Connect the ST16 to your computer using the USB charging cable. Find the FlightLog directory and the telemetry folder. Copy the telemetry file with the highest number in the name to your computer. Go to the Remote folder and do the same with the remote.000xxx.csv file with the same number as the telemetry.
Add a .txt to the end of each file name and then upload them here.

remote or remote gps?

Remote folder? Is that go
remote or remote gps?
The remote. It contains information about the sticks and switches. The remote gps is just the coordinates of the controller. I would like to see if there is a problem with either the controller or the H.

This looks like its repairable.
Based on the picture, I would agree. You may want to invest in a CGO3+ crash kit and give the repair a go yourself. I've replaced lenses and the camera is fairly easy to work on from my experience.

I attached it to the body and in calibration the camera will move up and down but will not pan and from the base station it wont move at all.

I attached it to the body and in calibration the camera will move up and down but will not pan and from the base station it wont move at all.
It's hard to evaluate the camera without more pictures.

Can you turn on the ST16, go to Hardware Monitor and check the right stick to see if returns to zero when the stick is centered?

it does return to 0 when centered. I got the crash on video, You can see were it starts to come towards me stops for a second and goes full tilt backwards

Okay. I think these are the wrong files although they have todays date. Did you turn on the H and the ST16 more than once today? This may be the file from after the crash when you had it inside.

oh
Okay. I think these are the wrong files although they have todays date. Did you turn on the H and the ST16 more than once today? This may be the file from after the crash when you had it inside.
ohh you know what it is. my bad sorry

it does return to 0 when centered. I got the crash on video, You can see were it starts to come towards me stops for a second and goes full tilt backwards
@XanderVision
Sad to see your camera broken up XV. As Steve Carr plans to assess your flight logs to see what may have transpired, my questions is, did you have it in Smart Mode when flying?

From your picture the camera seems in good shape overall, these camera/gimbals are pretty though, unless motors were ripped appart it shouldn't be hard to repair, top mount is very easy and unexpensive to replace.

Let's figure out what happened during your crash in order to prevent it from happening again.

Greetings!

hey guys, so here is the correct logs.

Attachments

• Remote.txt
    623.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Telemetry.txt
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
@XanderVision
Sad to see your camera broken up XV. As Steve Carr plans to assess your flight logs to see what may have transpired, my questions is, did you have it in Smart Mode when flying?

Not that I'm aware of. The only settings I've messed with were in relation to the camera. Everything else is as I got it. On a side note: I called yuneec customer service and man the customer service sucked. Ive read a lot about how good yuneecs US service is so this was a big disappointment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio