Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying Ants / Rain confusion...

Reaction score
Last week, on Thursday, the hottest day in Britain ever recorded, without a single cloud in the sky, UAVforecast was telling me that the chances of precipitation were 97% !
I almost took a screenshot because it is very rare that UAVF is wrong, and almost unheard of for it to be wrong to that extent.

Today I saw this tweet from the UK QI feed, which would explain that ! D*mn flying ants, and so many of them that RADAR saw them as raindrops in clouds !

Thought you might all enjoy that little bit of interesting weirdness...

Last edited:
Talking about UAV Forecast...
I've noticed it being wrong this last couple of weeks:
A couple of weeks ago it was suggesting a high Kp index (Kp=6) but on checking a U.K specific web resource the actual Kp on that day was just at 1. Yesterday I checked and it said the wind strength at a place I wanted to fly at (River Tweed at Galasheils, Scottish Boarders) was 12MPH but when I got on site the wind was so calm that it wouldn't turn my anemometer.

Talking about UAV Forecast...
I've noticed it being wrong this last couple of weeks:
A couple of weeks ago it was suggesting a high Kp index (Kp=6) but on checking a U.K specific web resource the actual Kp on that day was just at 1. Yesterday I checked and it said the wind strength at a place I wanted to fly at (River Tweed at Galasheils, Scottish Boarders) was 12MPH but when I got on site the wind was so calm that it wouldn't turn my anemometer.
It can be very inaccurate, best as just a guide, where we fly is highly localised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy